This has got to be the ultimate gaming experience.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
My god that'd be insanely fun to play on. And I do mean insane, it looks terrifying and will probably hurt you a lot.

EDIT:Well the Channel's an ass, I can't view any other videos because I live in NZ.

RemuValtrez

Sep 14, 2011
That... would... be... freaking amazing. And painful. And funny enough, while watching the main thought that stuck in my mind is "Good lord I'd get tired by the end of the day from playing this." This is assuming to run you will actually have to run in the simulator (Re-watched it a couple times and I don't believe I saw him actually run at all).

Drenaje1

Aug 6, 2011
Wow. That is an impressive bit of technology. Teasing me with just a one-minute video, damn...

WHERE DO I SEE MOAR OF IT?!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
THEJORRRG said:
It's like a goddamn holodeck. You run, you aim, you shoot, and IT FUCKING SHOOTS YOU BACK!
Watch.
And I want this to be the future!
But if they have it now, then its the present. we just havent caught up yet.

why would you want to retard progress by making what is obtainable today unobtainable?

being more OT, thats pretty cool I guess. its nice that we're getting to the point where you dont have to just wear those helmets and its getting more interactive. though I've been saying for years this should be the way games will be instead of PCs/Consoles.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
The only thing that could possibly be more awesome is kittens, because kittens rock.

Anyways, this thing is amazing! Imagine playing something like Dark souls. I would like to play action RPGs and fallout games, that would be awesome!

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
But if they have it now, then its the present. we just havent caught up yet.

why would you want to retard progress by making what is obtainable today unobtainable?
Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The future of home entertainment!

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Now here's a thought: Imagine playing Amnesia on thi thing! Seriously, the terror would be escalated to beyond previous levels! As far as I'm concerned, 3D tv can go suck it...I want one of these things, especially for horror games.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Honestly? It puts me in mind of

I mean yes, its cool to combine A wiimote, a Kinect, 3d output running in stretched multi display format, force feedback gear with the only truly innovative thing (from a gaming perspective), the omnidirectional treadmills, but really is it all that impressive considering people have been trying to accomplish this type of gaming experience at least since the NES days, and were going to keep on trying it till we perfect it. As it stands all I am seeing is where people attempted to merge several of the failed techs of the past into one cohesive unit.

Might work someday when it is vastly more streamlined.

DustinOffAClassic

Oct 20, 2011
And it can be yours for only $100,000

It's just more complication of something that can be done simply with controllers/mkb.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I'm sure it can be made public, if you have the money. The actual components aren't exactly complex. I would love this, but if I play Battlefield 3 like I play Counter Strike Source (I have a 1 to 1 kill ratio) I will get very sore after just an hour of game play.

Bishop99999999

Dec 6, 2007
I'm reminded of something I read in a Scott Adams book way back when: The holodeck would be the last invention of mankind.

He's right.