This Humble Bundle is Double Fine

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
Why isn't The Cave in the bundle? Perhaps they're simply planning on adding it in later...
I am in a bit of a pickle. I want to buy the bundle for Brutal Legend, however it was published by Electronic Arts. I loved Psychonauts and I already own Costume Quest, but is Brutal Legend worth it? I've heard that it did not work out that well because of the strategy elements. Are those elements more refined in the PC version compared to the console version?
One last question about Double Fine: Is Tim Schafer the Johnny Depp of the video games industry? Zany, insane, and explosively awesome?

Oh and one final note: I learned from wikipedia that Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is due out in 2015. Oh joy...

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Disregard...they jammed Psychonauts, Stacking, and Costume Quest onto one key...

EDIT: Claimed within seconds by a cool person. No puffer fish was involved.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
NightmareWarden said:
Why isn't The Cave in the bundle? Perhaps they're simply planning on adding it in later...
I am in a bit of a pickle. I want to buy the bundle for Brutal Legend, however it was published by Electronic Arts. I loved Psychonauts and I already own Costume Quest, but is Brutal Legend worth it? I've heard that it did not work out that well because of the strategy elements. Are those elements more refined in the PC version compared to the console version?
One last question about Double Fine: Is Tim Schafer the Johnny Depp of the video games industry? Zany, insane, and explosively awesome?

Oh and one final note: I learned from wikipedia that Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is due out in 2015. Oh joy...
The Cave will probably be one of the "by the way!" games you get for going above the average after a few days. In regards to Brutal Legend, I'm pretty sure Schafer bought the rights back from EA (like Psychonauts was bought from Majesco), otherwise EA would have none of this "pay what you want" business. The PC version is improved, though it does have a couple bugs that I hadn't experienced on the console. The RTS situation is much better though. If you like heavy music or Jack Black, you simply must play it on that basis alone.

Tim Schafer is more awesome than Johnny Depp. I wouldn't give Johnny Depp my butt virginity.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
DrunkOnEstus said:
You still have Brutal Legend? I'll take if it's fine with you.

EDIT (For the third time. x-D)- Thanks for the game. :)

OT- Yay, good games! Pity that I cannot stop my backlog from growing this fast, I need to work. T.T

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
DrunkOnEstus said:
NightmareWarden said:

The Cave will probably be one of the "by the way!" games you get for going above the average after a few days. In regards to Brutal Legend, I'm pretty sure Schafer bought the rights back from EA (like Psychonauts was bought from Majesco), otherwise EA would have none of this "pay what you want" business. The PC version is improved, though it does have a couple bugs that I hadn't experienced on the console. The RTS situation is much better though. If you like heavy music or Jack Black, you simply must play it on that basis alone.

Tim Schafer is more awesome than Johnny Depp. I wouldn't give Johnny Depp my butt virginity.
Yeah, I guess Depp wasn't the best example. Thanks for the help! OH and I would pm you for that brutal legend copy, but I think I'll pay for the bundle for the soundtracks. I love how they include the soundtracks in their bundles!
PS [small]so does that last part mean you gave your butt virginity to Schafer?[/small]

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
NightmareWarden said:
I love how they include the soundtracks in their bundles!
PS [small]so does that last part mean you gave your butt virginity to Schafer?[/small]
I like how they do that too, but I never end up listening to OSTs. I can love the soundtrack while I'm playing and have favorites, but I never load up the MP3s to listen without the game. Oh, about Schafer? I didn't, he never called me back.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
NightmareWarden said:
Why isn't The Cave
I am in a bit of a pickle. I want to buy the bundle for Brutal Legend, however it was published by Electronic Arts.
the pc version of Brutal Legend is published by double fine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Br%C3%BCtal_Legend

Jan 9, 2011
ascorbius said:
Damnit!... I have Psychonauts, Brutal Legend (XBox and Steam) AND I backed the kickstarter... Might get it for Costume Quest and Stacking though...
My position exactly. But I think I'll get it for the soundtracks.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I got Psychonauts and Costume Quest already, but I think I'll go for Stacking and Brütal Legend regardless. Psychonauts especially just has been part of Bundles and sales way too often already to not have picked it up years ago.