This Is Diablo, As Told in a Minute

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
This Is Diablo, As Told in a Minute

Prime Evils and fat stupid kings, oh my!

Before there was the superb-looking [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104652-BlizzCon-2010-Diablo-III-Demon-Hunter-Hands-On] Diablo III, there was the classic Diablo II. Before Diablo II, there was Diablo, the game that started it all. And before Diablo, a bunch of humans in the land of Sanctuary made some very questionable decisions.

This YouTube video chronicles the lore and backstory of Diablo in just about one minute. It's cute, funny, and also rather true - really, those Soul Stones just turned out to be a real pain in the neck, didn't they? Tyrael, your team done goofed, and done goofed hard.

The only thing this video is missing is Deckard Cain, as voiced by Sean Connery. And the only thing that we're missing is Diablo III, which needs to come out ASAP.

Well, maybe it could wait a bit. I'm still playing Portal 2.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Very good indeed! This'll get me ready for Diablo 3 just fine because I just couldn't wrestle through Diablo 1. While I can see the great concept behind it it just felt too...archaic, and had little redeeming value otherwise (since I'm not much of a lootwhore). It could've been one of my favourite games if only I played it years ago. Modern technology has spoiled me.

Edit
Well, that story doesn't sound too shabby at all. The video's hilarious to boot. Plus that girl is extremely cute. Sorry...

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I enjoyed that, so I followed the link to her channel, where my ears were raped by nyan cat.

Gxas is not pleased.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Well they weren't monks there were Horadric mages

outer then that it was right
and dam funny too

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Gxas said:
I enjoyed that, so I followed the link to her channel, where my ears were raped by nyan cat.

Gxas is not pleased.
That is a perfectly accurate depiction of my response to this video as well.

Thedark1owns

Sexy Pharaoh Wizard
Feb 7, 2010
Dodger is a delightful ball of humor and cuteness. I don't know if she deserves her own show, but her gaming news show is really entertaining to watch.

FistsOfTinsel

Jun 23, 2008
This had nothing to do with Diablo. It didn't mention clicking, health & mana meters, skill trees, loot or palette swaps.

Oh, you mean there was a story to all that?

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Cowabungaa said:
Very good indeed! This'll get me ready for Diablo 3 just fine because I just couldn't wrestle through Diablo 1. While I can see the great concept behind it it just felt too...archaic, and had little redeeming value otherwise (since I'm not much of a lootwhore). It could've been one of my favourite games if only I played it years ago. Modern technology has spoiled me.

Edit
Well, that story doesn't sound too shabby at all. The video's hilarious to boot. Plus that girl is extremely cute. Sorry...
Some things were wrong, "a lot of other stuff" left out well, a lot of other stuff, and I have no idea where she got the notion the king was fat. Deckard says he was a "Mighty warrior". That doesn't sound like "Fat fluffly pillow man" to me. A similar synopsis of the civil war would go:

"A long time ago there were some guys with slaves. Then there was this fat guy with a biiiig hat. A lot of other stuff happened... John Wilks Booth!"

Just saying, you're missing a lot so don't be surprised if things are still confusing going into diablo 3. But she IS cute.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Having never played a Diablo game, that was perfectly sized and informative for me.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Only one small thingy missing (the thing with the prince), but very enjoyable if not only for the cute drawings ^_^

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
dmase said:
Yo escapist get rid of the new guy and give her his job.
I am not so reluctantly forced to agree.

Also, did anyone else get a GLaDOS vibe when she says "Have fun"?

Gxas said:

Gxas is not pleased.
Goddammit, how do you "Like" posts here.