This is killing me!

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
Okay, back with another one!

This was a psx game, it was an rpg that was medieval based, you start off in a town, and the first mission is to go off into the forest, there is a well, and if I remember correctly it was third person, possibly top down, you could be a thief a warrior and a sorcerer... and it was not diablo...

NAME THAT GAME!

edit: I think it was darkstone... possibly... still any other suggestions would be great!

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
FallenTraveler said:
Okay, back with another one!

This was a psx game, it was an rpg that was medieval based, you start off in a town, and the first mission is to go off into the forest, there is a well, and if I remember correctly it was third person, possibly top down, you could be a thief a warrior and a sorcerer... and it was not diablo...

NAME THAT GAME!

edit: I think it was darkstone... possibly... still any other suggestions would be great!
I think it might be ANY jrpg ever, but thats not super helpful to you I guess...

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Furioso said:
An old computer game where you were a dinosaur hunter of some sorts, had your own trophy room etc, and for some reason the only way to kill a T-Rex was to shoot it in the eyes.
NAME THAT GAME.
Obviously <color=maroon>Carnivores!
Yes tyvm I loved that game!

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Sir Ollie said:
Furioso said:
An old computer game where you were a dinosaur hunter of some sorts, had your own trophy room etc, and for some reason the only way to kill a T-Rex was to shoot it in the eyes.
NAME THAT GAME.
Maybe this?

No idea though.

Edit - Trying to find a better video.
No you got it, tyvm I played the HELL out of this game!

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
This was a game for the NES that is a top down game. You start outside a cave and inside the cave you find a sword. You then proceed to the first dungeon by sheer luck.

Name that game!

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
You start this game outside of a cave. Inside the cave you find a some sort of sword. You then wander aimlessly until you find the first dungeon.

Name that game!

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
CakeDragon said:
Alright then, an N64 Japanese (in both setting, voice acting and game title) platformer game. You play a black-spiked-hair red-clothed boy running round collecting coins and eating dumplings on a skewer for health. Weird face things are enemies, and I cannot for the life of me remember any story-line (then again, this was about 10 years ago). Really obscure, any ideas?
Legend of the Mystical Ninja? Aka Goemon?

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Hiikuro said:
I wonder if I should try my luck here.

I remember playing a game a long time ago. I was flying a spaceship through underground installations (on different planets) to get a nuclear bomb (if I remember correctly), then carrying that bomb out. I remember it being difficult because the bomb weighted a lot, and made it difficult to steer the ship (the bomb was attached with a "rope" of sorts).

It was really fun, I wish I could play it again.

Eh? Maybe? Used to have a poster of this game. I'd kill for my old poster collection. Bet it's worth real money now.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Anoctris said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Hmmm... you may know of this PC game I played then.

Around 1997-99. Graphics were average for the time. A mixture of real time spaceship top-down/isometric combat (the ship was like a battleship of some sort) and either real time or turn-based top-down planetside combat with a team of 6 or so inter-species soldiers.

I don't have much detail as I only played it for a few hours during 1 of those years.

The space combat and movement between star systems was arcadey type play, whereas the planetside combat was point and click I think.

One of the vivid memories I have is the game soundtrack, which was some form of looped midi, but it was awesome sounding.
Really sorry, drawing a blank here. :(

I looked for a title matching your criteria over at these places...

http://www.classic-gaming.net/games/list/genre/15/
http://www.gog.com/en/catalogue#strategy/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_turn-based_strategy_video_games#List

... but couldn't find one. Maybe you could sift through the links yourself if you're resolute enough? It's a shame, really, since I was kinda intrigued by your description...

Uzbekistan

Dec 17, 2009
Okay, so there's this game for either the GBC or GBA. It starts off with you and your sister, your sister gets kidnapped. You have to go through duengons and collesum fights and you can breed any monster you captured to make them stronger. One of the early boss fights is the slime from Enix.

Please, name that game!!

(PS-I think it was an RPG, but I can't be for sure)

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
WolfThomas said:
CakeDragon said:
Alright then, an N64 Japanese (in both setting, voice acting and game title) platformer game. You play a black-spiked-hair red-clothed boy running round collecting coins and eating dumplings on a skewer for health. Weird face things are enemies, and I cannot for the life of me remember any story-line (then again, this was about 10 years ago). Really obscure, any ideas?
Legend of the Mystical Ninja? Aka Goemon?

I love you!!

the_green_dragon

Nov 18, 2009
I had this game on the N64. You could play as some guy who wore a suit alot and you got this gun that could kill people in one shot. M and my friends played it for hours on end. It had 4 player splitscreen.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Does any remember this 'educational' PC game. Helped kids learn Spanish. I used to play it all the time, had a weirdly drawn white cartoon dog with black spots? He kind of looks like Doidle from the Fairly Odd Parents.

You'd go through the levels , click on things and then click on their proper Spanish names?

Anything? Anyone?