This just in: Telling jews they should be gassed is detrimental to your career

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
MasochisticMuse said:
Verlander said:
I hate anti semitism, but this guy was baited and completely set up. A lot of these things are, especially when there just happens to be a camera there, and it just happens to be sold to a newspaper that just happens to be currently under investigation for illegal phone tapping and just happens to be part of a parent company famous for setting people up.
Really? No one can be baited into being anti-Semitic. You can be baited into raging, but if you decide to start Jew-bashing on top of that, that's because you already held those prejudices.
Have you seen that video? The man is clearly out of it, on booze and drugs (I would also agree with his claim that he'd been drugged). You also, incidently, only see the part of the video where he's being a dick. What happened before that? You don't just randomly start bashing someone sat next to you for no reason. He was blatantly provoked into saying these things, and had probably been in a conversation before with the couple about these sort of subjects.

I'm not condoning what he said, and yeah, there should be some kind of retribution for his comments. I refuse to believe that he, a man who works day in and out with people of all races and creeds, is an actual anti semite. Drugs and alcohol aren't the "gateways into the soul" that many people take them to be.

C.S.Strowbridge

Jul 22, 2010
thaluikhain said:
Hey, hang on, it's wrong for him to say a Jew should be dead, but it's ok to threaten to murder an Asian?
When was the last time someone tried to exterminate all of the Asians?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I see...

Well, its good of him to keep work professional. Actually, as an American in a land of seperation of church and state, business and private life shouldnt conflict. Not that I'm condoning what he did, but just saying.

Oh well. When you're famous you basically lose right to say anything at all.

Felis Leo

Apr 30, 2008
I didn't even know who this guy was until these comments were made, but I am happy that he is losing his job over this. And for the record, I hate racists, period. I don't care whether they are bigoted against Jews, Armenians, Asians, Blacks, and, heck, even Caucasians. They are all equal scum and should all live in the same trailer park together to stew in their hatred and resentment.

Felis Leo

Apr 30, 2008
emeraldrafael said:
I see...

Well, its good of him to keep work professional. Actually, as an American in a land of seperation of church and state, business and private life shouldnt conflict. Not that I'm condoning what he did, but just saying.

No, he has the right to say absolutely anything he wants. But Dior doesn't have to keep him employed.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Fun fact: Media attention probably means you should keep any strong opinions on anything to yourself, especially if it's just you being an asshole for no particular reason.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Felis Leo said:
emeraldrafael said:
I see...

No, he has the right to say absolutely anything he wants. But Dior doesn't have to keep him employed.
Alright, I suppose I should add an asterick to that. You lose the right to say anything at all*

*without having it brought up and then have you put under scrutiny.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
ChocoFace said:
Can't anyone take a joke anymore? he's just really convincing, ok?
Like I said yesterday, there's a time and a place for jokes. And there is never a time or a place for jokes about genocide.

Seriously, I'm getting sick of this thought that putting "It's just a joke" after any statement, no matter how offensive, means that it's okay to say and that anyone who is offended is in the wrong. The world doesn't work like that, and if you think it does, you aren't going to get very far in life.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
Verlander said:
You also, incidently, only see the part of the video where he's being a dick.
People probably only knew to get their cameras out once he started yelling. Do you expect them to have a camera on him at all times to make sure they're prepared to catch everything in case he does flip out?

Verlander said:
I refuse to believe that he, a man who works day in and out with people of all races and creeds, is an actual anti semite.
You realize he's part of the most judgmental industry there is, right? And that that industry values young white women above all others? Google image search the word "Dior" and see how many "races and creeds" pop up. I'll give you a hint - there's only one.

Verlander said:
Drugs and alcohol aren't the "gateways into the soul" that many people take them to be.
Alcohol lowers your inhibitions, or in other words, removes your social filter. Anything you would have thought in your head but kept yourself from saying out loud when you're sober, you'll say when you're drunk.

You know what I do when I'm drunk? I go around hugging people and telling them I love them. This guy told people that they and their distant relatives should have been gassed by Hitler.

Alternatively, if a guy gets drunk and high and beats another guy to a pulp or rapes a girl, do you think it's the alcohol's fault, or do you think it's because that's a fundamentally awful person, one who deserves all the responsibility for their own actions?

Like I said, they could have baited him to get angry, but there's absolutely no way they could have made him bring race into the argument unless he was already thinking it. "The alcohol/drugs made me do it" and "I was set up" are pretty weak defenses.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
C.S.Strowbridge said:
Verlander said:
I refuse to believe that he, a man who works day in and out with people of all races and creeds, is an actual anti semite.
You are amazingly naive.
Really? Do explain how I'm naive, especially seeing as you don't know me. Actually don't bother, try only replying when you have some kind of intellectual input

MasochisticMuse said:
Verlander said:
You also, incidently, only see the part of the video where he's being a dick.
People probably only knew to get their cameras out once he started yelling. Do you expect them to have a camera on him at all times to make sure they're prepared to catch everything in case he does flip out?
Or, as the paper has been found to do in the past, the whole thing was set up and recorded until they forced a suitibly news worthy reaction. In this case, they struck gold.

Verlander said:
You realize he's part of the most judgemental industry there is, right? And that that industry values young white women above all others? Google image search the word "Dior" and see how many "races and creeds" pop up. I'll give you a hint - there's only one.
He didn't just design for Dior. And wait, considering this thread started with a link to Natalie Portman, a proud Jewish girl who is on their roster... are you saying that they are all Jews? The fashion industry is more pathetic than you could imagine, BUT it's not one where you last very long in when you have prejudices against Creeds, especially considering how close he was also to the entertainment industry. The fashion industry is petty and shallow, but also makes huge amounts of money from being "liberal".

Verlander said:
Drugs and alcohol aren't the "gateways into the soul" that many people take them to be.
Alcohol lowers your inhibitions, or in other words, removes your social filter. Anything you would have thought in your head but kept yourself from saying out loud when you're sober, you'll say when you're drunk.
You know what I do when I'm drunk? I go around hugging people and telling them I love them. This guy told people that them and their distant relatives should have been gasses by Hitler.

Like I said, they could have baited him very easily to get angry, but there's absolutely no way they could have made him bring race into the argument unless he was already thinking it.
I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that one, although I don't expect you to agree. I've worked in the bar and nightclub industry for years now, and if there's one thing that can seriously influence people to be who they are not, it's alcohol and drugs. YOU may not be affected in such a way, although you refer to alcohol- I doubt he was just drunk (in fact, I think they found that he'd been spiked, which is why he's suing... not sure on that though, don't quote me). Either way, it DOES make people do and say things that they wouldn't normally. Are people on hard drugs the same as they were off of them? Do people on LSD even know what they are saying? To people who get spiked secretly want to sleep with the people that rape them?

Drugs in particular change the way you think, from something little like weed making you hungry when your body isn't, to acid making you hallucinate. Sure it uses information that already exists in your brain, but not necessarily in any way that you would normally think or piece together. Put it this way, he's drugged up, being provoked, and all that his little petty mind can string together is "anger-shes jewish-I hate her-Hitler". It's not exactly rocket science to think of Hitler and nazism when you are being verbally goaded faster than you can think by an aggressive Jewish person

I'm not saying that he definitely ISN'T an anti semite, I'm just saying that I don't believe that he is, based on the suspicious circumstances in which this paper, famous for doing this to people, reported and uncovered it.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Wait, so he was working for a major fashion designer and he wasn't Jewish? That's quite rare, almost as rare as being a Hollywood star and not be Jewish.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Carnagath said:
Wait, so he was working for a major fashion designer and he wasn't Jewish? That's quite rare, almost as rare as being a Hollywood star and not be Jewish.
So many things wrong with that sentence...

On a related note you can also get ash-canned for using the term tarbaby without directing it at anyone.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Sleekgiant said:
Carnagath said:
So many things wrong with that sentence...
Oh? This just in then, claiming that Jewish people exist is politically incorrect.

Sleekgiant said:
On a related note you can also get ash-canned for using the term tarbaby without directing it at anyone.
Lost me, I have no idea what this sentence means.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Carnagath said:
Oh? This just in then, claiming that Jewish people exist is politically incorrect.
No the generalizations in that sentence were quite politically incorrect.

Carnagath said:
Sleekgiant said:
Lost me, I have no idea what this sentence means.
ash-canned=fired
tarbaby=derogatory term used to describe African Americans, mainly used in the South

An army general described one of his projects as a tarbaby and was fired immediately.

Xenomemphate

Jul 16, 2010
C.S.Strowbridge said:
thaluikhain said:
Hey, hang on, it's wrong for him to say a Jew should be dead, but it's ok to threaten to murder an Asian?
So? What does mass genocide have to do with being racist? When was the last time someone tried to exterminate the caucasions? And yet you can still be racist towards a white person. Just because there hasn't been attempts to steralise them doesn't mean you can run about throwing racist remarks around.

C.S.Strowbridge

Jul 22, 2010
Verlander said:
C.S.Strowbridge said:
Verlander said:
You are amazingly naive.
Really? Do explain how I'm naive...
If you think that just because he works with other people he can't be an anti Semite, then you are amazingly naive.

I thought my statement was self-explanatory.

Or do you think you can judge if someone is racist or not based on who they work with? You don't think people can be racist and hide those feelings at work, when it would cost them too much?

Actually don't bother, try only replying when you have some kind of intellectual input
Right back at you.

C.S.Strowbridge

Jul 22, 2010
Xenomemphate said:
C.S.Strowbridge said:
thaluikhain said:
So? What does mass genocide have to do with being racist?
If a group of people have been the target of physical violence in the past, racist attitudes against them are more serious, because it can be a sign or returning times. Just like someone attacking gays verbally is a lot more serious than attacking heterosexuals.

History does matter.

Xenomemphate

Jul 16, 2010
I agree that history matters, but I don't think it should matter about your past, if you are being bullied for anything at all, past shouldn't affect how others look at it.

"Oh, its not so bad because he wasn't punched in the face."
Yes it is, he is still being bullied because he is different.

I see what you are saying, I just don't agree with it :p