This May Be the Best Metallica Video of All Time

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
That was pretty awesome. The Armstrong video was just creepy, though. And suspension of disbelief was more difficult as there were no guitars in sight.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I have a smile that is about 10-feet wide thanks to these videos. Oh man, I'm gonna be humming them all night at work, that's fer sure!

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Oh my god!

This thread. It's just way too awesome.

I was gona do essay research this evening. Fuck that shit. Im gona watch every single one of these videos instead :)

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Bleh...

Some of these cross-ups are amusing, even if I'm not familiar with the bands (I listen to exactly zero of the groups listed in this thread so far) - the Slipknot Disney was particularly entertaining just for the incongruity of words to upbeat melody - but those Death Metal renditions...I can't listen to them.

It isn't the music - that's fine. I just hate those not-singing-just-grating-growling-talk voice styles. I wanted to listen to the Jonas Brothers song just to chuckle at how they took their music and made it all "hardcore," but I can't listen to that voice for more than a good twenty seconds before I'm sick of it. Same thing for the Louis Armstrong bit.

Which I suppose explains why I don't listen to Death Metal and its ilk in the first place.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
John Funk said:
Jeez, who would have thought that Louis Armstrong's trademark pearly-white smile could look so mean with the right vocals? Not me.
It's almost crap-your-pants scary.