This Star Destroyer PC Will Strike Fear Into Rebels Everywhere

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
This Star Destroyer PC Will Strike Fear Into Rebels Everywhere

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1025/1025075.jpgFew gaming PCs will ever be as imposing as this custom Star Destroyer build from modder Sander van der Velden.

Suppose you're in the market for a gaming PC, but not just any old build. You want something that celebrates modder Sander van der Velden has something for you: The YAZI, a PC case which doubles as a massive Venator Class <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/star%20destroyer?os=star+destroyer>Star Destroyer replica. Designed as an entry for MSI's PRO MOD Season 3 contest, the YAZI looks so stunning that MSI will actually showcase it at CES 2016 next month.

As you can see from photos, this Star Destroyer case looks great while still being functional. The PC hardware is positioned to function as the YAZI's "engines", which are covered by the Venator's removable towers. The frame itself was assembled from aluminum cutouts, while everything else was generated with a 3D printer.

All told, it makes for an insanely impressive custom PC case which took a significant amount of work to produce. (You can see of the modding projects available for commission on his website.

I assume the only reason he hasn't build a Death Star yet is because he's cautious about exhaust port placements.

[gallery=5276]

Source: <a href=https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=261967.50>MSI, via <a href=http://kotaku.com/theres-a-pc-hiding-inside-this-huge-star-destroyer-1750262626>Kotaku

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
Edit - Nevermind. Had to reread the content, they do mention it is a venator. My bad.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
That looks like it can be easily knocked over, I wouldn't chance brittle eye candy over durability and functionality.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Glaice said:
That looks like it can be easily knocked over, I wouldn't chance brittle eye candy over durability and functionality.
I guess it depends on how the weight is distributed and how hefty that base supporting it is. But considering it was built for a case modding contest, I'd reckon it's more a showcase piece than something meant for practical everyday use.

Apr 17, 2009
I was wondering why a Venator class rather than the more iconic Imperial class? I suppose possibly so he can have those open sections on top line up with a Venator's hangar doors, maybe he's trying to keep it canon

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Antigonius said:
LordLundar said:
Redlin5 said:
Go Executor or go home in my opinion.

Still, that's pretty sweet. :)
Nah, Eclipse. :D
Three words, friends - "Providence-class carrier" :D
Nope, I stand with the Eclipse. It's over 8 times the size of the Providence class, packing enough firepower and resources to take on fleets on it's own AND is packing a superlaser similar to the Death Star II.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
LordLundar said:
Antigonius said:
LordLundar said:
Redlin5 said:
Go Executor or go home in my opinion.

Still, that's pretty sweet. :)
Nah, Eclipse. :D
Three words, friends - "Providence-class carrier" :D
Nope, I stand with the Eclipse. It's over 8 times the size of the Providence class, packing enough firepower and resources to take on fleets on it's own AND is packing a superlaser similar to the Death Star II.
Oh. Just another piece of EU wankery.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Scow2 said:
LordLundar said:
Oh. Just another piece of EU wankery.
Not even what I'd consider 'first-class' EU either. When you start digging into comics, particularly the older ones (original Eclipse appearance) and video games, you get the best examples of outlandish bullshit that is mostly interested in doing cool shit to one-up something else at the expense of any sort of reasonable continuity.

Point being, while I'm unfortunately not the final authority on what is and what was canon, as a big fan of the old EU I still didn't consider the Eclipse as a legit part of it. Just comic fuckery.

But anyhow, Providence is fairly lame looking, Executor or iconic ISD would have been cooler than either that or what the builder went with.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fanghawk said:
I assume the only reason he hasn't build a Death Star yet is because he's cautious about exhaust port placements.
I hear the plans were downloaded onto a Rebel flash drive.

Chimpzy said:
I guess it depends on how the weight is distributed and how hefty that base supporting it is. But considering it was built for a case modding contest, I'd reckon it's more a showcase piece than something meant for practical everyday use.
I've certainly seen worse ways to spend your money than making your computer into a space ship.