This Week's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Is All About World-Building

Yuiiut

Jun 9, 2014
Jinjer said:
Yuiiut said:
Jinjer said:
Spaceman Spiff said:
Jinjer said:
Well considering that he almost instantly de-aged over 40 years, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that the regenerative properties of whatever they did would fix surgery damage too. It's possible Skye's mother just suffered too severe a trauma in too short a time to heal up again (or they can heal, but not regenerate lost limbs or organs).

Kinda reminds me of the Super Serum actually; it made Captain America grow a foot, gain 150 pounds of muscle and fix all his health problems in a matter of minutes. Bucky Barnes also got a version of the serum but wasn't able to grow a new arm
All good points. That certainly would explain his recovery time.
Now that I think about it, I found what would be the perfect ending for Whitehall - the Doctor vivisecting him in turn and using his organs to de-age Peggy Carter, Whitehall's worst enemy. It would be Schadenfreude-tastic AND give Cap a shot at a happy ending.

It's probably not gonna happen, but a girl can dream!
Really? I can't see this working out-I just cannot imagine Peggy Carter accepting having someone being tortured for her benefit. I mean, she basically says in this episode that yes, Whitehall's methods are effective, and they may need his info, but she can't imagine using it/suffering being around him because of what it entails. I can't see Whitehall being carved up for her benefit as anything other than a moral victory for him-it's like if, in the Dark Knight, the ferries not only blew up, but Batman blew them both up in order to defeat the Joker.
I never said that Peggy would be a willing participant in this (remember, at the time of TWS she is already bedridden and her dementia is worsening). What I meant is that the Doctor is obviously biding his time to backstab Whitehall at just the right moment and would probably give the bastard his Karmic comeuppance with relish and work as much irony in as possible. Doing the same thing to Whitehall as he did to the Doctor's wife AND driving it home that it's going to be used to cure the woman who had him locked in a hole for a couple of decades would be the proverbial icing on the revenge cake IMHO
Ah-fair enough. I'd just like Whitehall to die, seeing his plans fail, his dreams crumble to ash, and knowing that he's somehow responsible for all of this. Besides, we'll be seeing alot more of Agent Penny Carter soon enough! :)
Captcha: hunky dory. Yes captcha, it will be.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I haven't seen a vivisection like that since the movie "Turistas". The scene looked pulled straight out of the film, female victim splayed wide open with the mad surgeon just going in and pulling out all of her vitals while she's still alive, though unlike Turistas, she at least wasn't semi-awake watching it happen. Still, heart-wrenching.