This woman is NOT the brightest bulb in the box

Dec 16, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Caiphus said:
She got a piece of trivia almost incomprehensibly wrong.
Trivia?

I think the current president of the US and what he is up to is much more than trivia.
I guess to someone not from the US it is.

Is "not the brightest bulb in the box" a popular saying? I've never heard it before.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
manic_depressive13 said:
Sure, it might influence how you vote in three years time, but let's guess how much difference that makes.
The difference between which party is in power, which is something of a big difference.

Mr Ink 5000 said:
Not when the US is the world's greatest economy. When the US leadership mucks it's economy up, people across the world suffer. Such as happened a few years ago, and could happen ago with little warning.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
It's easier to make fun of someone for saying something dumb than to focus on the matter itself. I doubt many people making fun of her have a better grasp on whats going on in the Ukraine.

It's safer to get wound up at her than think about what's actually going on.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Heh. Well at least she's not getting angry defensive over it. It seems like she's laughing at her own stupidity. Which...if you can't do that, then you're beyond help.

Dec 16, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Not when the US is the world's greatest economy. When the US leadership mucks it's economy up, people across the world suffer. Such as happened a few years ago, and could happen ago with little warning.
I'd still say it was trivial to those who don't discuss those issues. I understand the US pres plays a part to many issues indirectly here (although i'm not clear on all aspects of how) but there are plenty of people here who wouldn't know the PM's name, and don't care about such things.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
thaluikhain said:
The difference between which party is in power, which is something of a big difference.
Just because you know the name of the candidates doesn't mean you're actually better informed. I'd take someone who has no idea Tony Abbott is the PM, over someone who actively supports him because they want a tough asylum seeker policy to stop the Muslim refugees imposing Sharia law. Although that's probably a bad example because both parties have completely fucking backwards asylum seeker policies.

...How does the party in power make a big difference again?

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Everyone around here is like this.

I mean, everyone. Most people leave school early, and most of the women who do go into hairdressing or beauticianism, and the men.. fuck knows where they go. Oh, yeah. Prison.

Which means that about 70% of the entire population, probably moreso for Scotland, which is known for this sort of thing, are twats who have 3 children, are 19-26 years old, and live in a council house.

[sub][sub]help me oh fucking god help me[/sub][/sub]

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Is "not the brightest bulb in the box" a popular saying? I've never heard it before.
Variations on "Not the [most effective] [device] in the [container]" are common.

"Not the sharpest tool in the shed" is the most common in my experience.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
It's no big deal that she doesn't know how to correctly spell the President of the United States name. I don't even know the name of the British Prime Minister.

Though what's stupid is that she somehow thinks that Obama is the President of England.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Good old English, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

Surprising that she has never seen Barack Obama written down but she might be like me and avoid all news, hell, I get my news from posts on here and 9gag!

Like a stone sour song goes "I'm just too young to care".

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
Queen Michael said:
If you want to read an article about it you can see it right here, [http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/03/07/gemma-worrall-barraco-barner_n_4918837.html] but basically a beautician from England tweeted "If barraco barner is our president why is he getting involved with Russia, scary" and now she's being called a first-class idiot the world over.

Thoughts?
Could be worse... a Miss Belgium candidate said the 1st World War happened a decade ago...

So yeah, there are stupid people who say stupid things. All we can do is make the best out of it by laughing at it.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
I see why its viral, but not why people feel the need to go in depth and argue about it. Even if that was no joke her view on American/British politics I'm not too worried.

Brainpaint

Sep 28, 2011
The tragedy about this is that in the UK beauticians get paid more than people who do much harder, riskier and/or more important jobs requiring more training like nurses and vets.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
I know more of the US presidents than I do the prime ministers of the UK(my place of birth and where I live). I know Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Churchill and David Cameron, see I know fuck all. It's no wonder she thinks that Barrack Obama is the president of England when we aren't even taught about UK politics in school.