This year in movies

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
JoesshittyOs said:
I thought he kinda lost some acting credit after that slew of bad movies he was in in the passed few years.

I've always personally liked him though.
I wouldn't really call it a slew, personally, as the only one I really hated was Australia. But his later films haven't been the best received, I guess.

I think he's just hated (by guys) for the same reason as Brad Pitt.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
2 More weeks for The Avengers release here, so darn excited to finally see it I have been waiting for years for that moment.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
I'm excited for The Cabin in the Woods, Prometheus, The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man, and The Hobbit.

I've only seen Wanderlust and 21 Jump Street (which is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a very long time).

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
Crazy_Dude said:
Casual Shinji said:
dyre said:
Casual Shinji said:
You wanna know how Prometheus ends? With the birth of an Alien... I just know it.

But yeah, Prometheus is going to be the first movie to lure me back into the theater since Arrietty.
I'm mostly interested in Prometheus to see if Ridley Scott has still got his directing skills (Rodin Hood was pretty bad), so I know whether or not to look forward to that Blade Runner sequel he's going to do.
You know what else?

This is going to be the first blockbuster special effects film in a long time that's not going to be PG13.

At least, that's what I reckon seeing as it's a prequel to Alien, as well as having some grisly alien mutation stuff going on.
I wouldn't be that sure about that so far from what I heard the theater version would be PG-13 and there will be an R rated cut for the Dvds.

Still very excited about it Ridley Scott is finally returing to the Alien franchise and judging from the latest trailers it looks pretty good.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It's gonna be Live Free or Die Hard all over again!

"Yippie-ki-yay, BANGBANG."

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
I'm desperately, desperately trying to keep myself from thinking about the Hobbit - the anticipation would kill me. Also looking forward to Brave, The Avengers, Prometheus, The Dark Knight Rises, for the near future. That said, over the bend of summer, there's some other movies I'll be keeping an eye on - Tarantino's Django Unchained comes out Christmas, the next James Bond film comes out October 26 (could be good, could be bad), and Stevven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' is coming out some time in the late summer, and Daniel Day Lewis is probably going to be awesome in it.

But yeah, the Hobbit is definitely at the top of my list.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
-The Hobbit
-The Dark Knight Rises
-The Avengers
-Did I mention The Hobbit?
-Prometheus
-THE GOD. DAMN. HOBBIT.

Massive LotR nerd here, I am foaming at the mouth for The Hobbit. My favorite book of all time, and the LotR Trilogy are my favorite movies of all time.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
JoesshittyOs said:
Marter said:
Les Miserables,
They're making another Les Miserables?

Holy crap, they are. With Hugh Jackman? I mean I personally like the guy, but isn't he sort of one of the hated guys now? Jean Valjean sorta takes some acting chops. And he's even 4th billed.

And... no Liam Neeson? Not even a little bit of Liam Neeson?
This one is going to be based on the musical, which the Liam Neeson one wasn't. I don't know if Liam Neeson can sing or not, but Hugh Jackman definitely can.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
ilovemyLunchbox said:
Prometheus still looks like an amazing movie looking like its going to be one of the best sci-fi movies of the past few years. And unlike Die Hard 4 this could actually sorta work without an R rating.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I'm excited for:

- The Dark Knight Rises
- The Avengers
- The Hobbit
- Brave
- Wreck it Ralph
- Dredd
- Skyfall

Haven't seen John Carter yet but I plan to, and The Muppets only came out here in Oz this year so I'm counting that too.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Im mostly looking forward to-
The Avengers(Assemble)
Batman

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I'm definitely watching Prometheus.

Cabin in the Woods I'm watching next week, I seriously can't wait.

Also, the obvious ones such as Batman, and the Hobbit I will be watching later in the year when they come out.

...I have zero interest in the Avengers, and the new James Bond film Skyfall though.

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
Avengers Assemble(April 26th), Total Recall(22nd August), The Dark Knight Rises(20th July), Prometheus(June 1st), Cabin in the Wood(Out now), Dark Shadows(May 11th), Snow White and the Huntsman(June 1st), The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey(14th September), Men in Black III(May 25th), Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter(August 2nd), Django unchained(18th January), The Dictator(May 18th), The Great Gatsby(September 26th), The Perks of Being a Wallflower(September 21st), Brave(17th August)

That's my list that I have saved. As for films that I've seen... a lot I guess. I go see a movie each week with one of my friends so I end up seeing a lot of new movies.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
I've had the song from the hobbit trailer stuck in my head since it came out ^
Prometheus, the Avengers, Abe Lincoln, MIB III and Cabin in the Woods all look good. There are probably more that I've forgotten too.
Last year I went to cinema a couple of times, to see Thor and Captain America. Don't think I bothered with anything else...

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Avengers, Hunger Games, Woman in Black, Prometheus, Dark Knight Rises, Brave, The Hobbit, Abe Lincoln Vampire Slayer...and there will be more.

Avengers this Friday with the missus, midnight screening of Dark Knight Rises July 20th...I really, really can't wait for these two films.