Thor 3 Confirmed, Christopher Yost and Craig Kyle to Write

Toadfish1

May 28, 2013
Ruisu said:
Toadfish1 said:
Thor 2 ends with Loki having murdered Odin and assumed the throne for himself - how can you possibly say that's not a big change?
Where did you get this from? All that ending shows is that Loki is alive, and managed to trick Thor in a small talk. He doesn't have nearly enough power to murder Odin or take the throne just with illusions. That's not a big change, that's a tease, a bait. Comic books do plenty of that all the time.
He is there, sitting on the throne, meeting with Thor who has just returned from killing the Dark Elves. If ODIns not dead, I'd like to know where exactly he was.

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
Toadfish1 said:
He is there, sitting on the throne, meeting with Thor who has just returned from killing the Dark Elves. If ODIns not dead, I'd like to know where exactly he was.
He could be anywhere, with all the damage done to Asgard and all. Really, Loki is not any more powerful by the end of the movie. If he could kill odin and take the throne by himself he would do that by the first movie.

Toadfish1

May 28, 2013
Ruisu said:
Toadfish1 said:
He could be anywhere, with all the damage done to Asgard and all. Really, Loki is not any more powerful by the end of the movie. If he could kill odin and take the throne by himself he would do that by the first movie.
He didn't want to in the first movie, he was still trying to gain his fathers approval.

All the damage done is not an excuse for Odin not wanting to meet with his son, who you will remember he still expected to take over the throne from him and who he was grooming for power.

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
Toadfish1 said:
Ruisu said:
Toadfish1 said:
He didn't want to in the first movie, he was still trying to gain his fathers approval.

All the damage done is not an excuse for Odin not wanting to meet with his son, who you will remember he still expected to take over the throne from him and who he was grooming for power.
I'm not saying he did not want to meet with Thor, for all we know he didn't even knew Thor was back, since Loki is capable of deceiving everyone for god knows what reason (even heimdall
Look, this is really getting nowhere. My point is that a teaser at the end of the movie can hardly classify as a "game changing" event, and if Agents of Shield is anything to go by, even an entire alien invasion in NY isn't, since the most it did was make people "aware" that super-heroes are real.
I mean, really, they didn't even bother to explain how they cleaned up the mess, and there was a huge dragon-chitauri laid on top of a building. I don't suppose shield used it's helicarrier to lift that thing out of there.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's important to adress this things, since it just really makes these movies closer to their comic books. That's just the way marvel has chosen to make movies(and tv series) now. Almost everything is created and solved within a single movie, and the rest are teasers.
There are hardly any game changers. Well, for the most part at least.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Ruisu said:
Anthony Hopkins isn't coming back [http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=89868] to future Thor movies. I'm hoping it's just Odinsleep, but at the same time - it's been done already.

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
Well, I would be pissed off if they just killed Odin off-screen =|