Those games you can play forever

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
I think we all have that special game we can just play forever and ever. Mine is way of the samurai and it's sequels but what about you guys. What game can you just sit down and play forever. and just to be clear we're not talking about solitaire or games that just take time to play but games you just enjoy playing.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Morrowind. If I was forced to I think I could play that game for the rest of my life without completely losing my mind.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Forever is a long time.

I've put about 500 hours into Final Fantasy 7.

But I've put 5000 hours over 11 years into World of Warcraft. But even this....I couldn't play forever.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Well you cant play any game forever because you cannot live that long also few other problems ;) but ok I guess you mean games you could play all your life and still enjoy?

For me until Better than Life comes out I dont believe a game like that could exist. Even my favourite games of all time (computer, board, card etc) I could not play day after day night after night for year after year and not get bored.

I tend to move on quite fast even if I adore a game I just want to see what new stuff is coming out.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Morrowind, Terraria, Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires and Neverwinter Nights.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I think I could probably play The Witcher 3 forever. Honestly, I'm starting to think I have a problem because I have been playing this game since February and I am not sick of it yet. I usually get sick of open world games after a few weeks and end up finishing them a year later when the fatigue has worn off. Yet, with The Witcher 3, I think about this game when I'm not playing it and when I play it, its hard to tear me away. I have to put myself to bed when I play it in the week and have to work in the morning.

Of course, the game isn't perfect and it is possible that next week I will be sick of it. But at the moment I could play this game forever, no other game is getting a look in.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Symphony of the Night or literally any other Metroidvania besides Circle of the Moon, maybe.

Don't always have the urge to play them again but when I do I have so much fun.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Changes constantly, but man, it's really hard to beat Darkest Dungeon right now.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Even though I haven't booted it up in forever, I'd probably be able to play Team Fortress 2 forever. Especially when modded maps are being taken into account. Infinite gameplay man.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Fighting games and other competitive and deep games are good at this. MMOs too.

For me personally, stuff like blazblue is the best example. I tend to learn every character in each version to get used to the matchups but actually getting as good with them as with my main in my avatar would indeed take for ever.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
So far I've logged over 1200 hours into the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series. Can't say I'll play them forever, but they are the most likely candidates at this point.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Timesplitters Future Perfect, 2004 Star Wars Battlefront, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I may not have a lot of hours in that last one when compared to the first two, but whenever I play it I figure out something new.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
For me it would be Persona 4, Metal Gear Rising or the BlazBlue games. I've sunk 81 hours into BlazBlue Chronophantasma since the day it launched on Steam and I have have no intention of quitting. I only play like 1 character too, if I wanted to seriously learn other characters the time put into this game would be insane.

Fuckin' Terumi is so much fun to play. He reminds me of the days of UMVC3 when super clashes would happen all the time and you had to pray that your super had more invincibility frames or had a shorter wind up time or your connection hadn't fucked you with input lag again.

Terumi has that happen because he supers all over the fuckin' place and it turns out that Gleaming Fang beats almost anything. The hype moment where that super and Celica's charge super fuckin' clash and cancel each other out. BlazBlue is just full of hype moments, even those x-Factor moments in UMVC3 return in the form of Overdrive invincibility frames. Hitting the perfect Overdrive to go through a hit you saw coming is so satisfying. Plus i'm playing Terumi and a Terumi who gets a full Overdrive combo will fuck you up.

Terumi might be utterly trash tier but he's forever god tier in my heart. One of his main combo extending moves is literally stomping on someone's head with a steel capped boot with a knife in the heel. How is that not the most awesome thing ever thought up in a fighting game?

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
If I have access to mods, Skyrim. There's simply such a ridiculous amount of content, both in the game and from the mods community, that I still go back to the game all the time.

Path of Exile. There are simply so many ways to play through this game it is just bonkers.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Since I'm "weird" and I'm really good at the whole "obsessing over things", I think I could go the rest of my life and not get tired of Okami. Like, it's not a complicated game but I'll never get tired of the gameplay or music or the 100 Bead challenge or anything. I just love that game and I go back and play it all the time.

Also it's probably because it's been clouding my mind up a lot lately but... the Borderlands games? Like, all of them. I can't pick just one except maybe NOT just the Pre-Sequel. But I go through those and play them with friends, by myself, any time of the day, any time of the year.

If that second answer's a copout though then just say Okami. I love Okami.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Borderlands 2, because of demented amount of endgame content. Even TPSQ has a lot going on for it if you want to reach max lvls with all characters.

I've recently picked up Dragon's Dogma for the PC, and I can see myself pouring hundreds of hours into it.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Catfood220 said:
I think I could probably play The Witcher 3 forever. Honestly, I'm starting to think I have a problem because I have been playing this game since February and I am not sick of it yet. I usually get sick of open world games after a few weeks and end up finishing them a year later when the fatigue has worn off. Yet, with The Witcher 3, I think about this game when I'm not playing it and when I play it, its hard to tear me away. I have to put myself to bed when I play it in the week and have to work in the morning.

Of course, the game isn't perfect and it is possible that next week I will be sick of it. But at the moment I could play this game forever, no other game is getting a look in.
Pfff, scrub! I've been playing it since release day (May 19th 2015) and I can't get enough. So yeah, The Witcher 3.

Also Counter Strike, old GTA games, Mass Effect games, Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy, Max Payne 2, Bully etc. There's a lot of games that I can play over and over again.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I keep trying not to pimp it but.....Kerbal Space Program. Possibly the only game I've played for more then 50 hours that I can recall(currently 250ish according to steam). And I still haven't even reached all the planets, let alone explored them.

It doesn't help that they keep adding new content and the mod scene is insane. Of course, the downside of which is that pretty much every time an update comes out, the modders have to scramble to update their mods so they work with the game.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Guild Wars 2 for me.

Animal Crossing would be up there if only they added a way where you cna do more stuff after two hours (after you had shake all the tree, dig the fossil, find the bugs of the day and making small chick chat with the local).

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
I havent found one in my entire life but if No Man's Sky is as promising as I imagine it to be it could well be the first.
I get over 200 hours out of various RPGs such as FE:Awakening, Fallout 3/NV/4 and Pok?mon though.