Those of you with a 3ds

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
I was wondering what 3ds games should I pick up. Since next week I might go out and pick on up, I can't really tell what games are worth it. I was thinking of the ghost recon game, and dont say Street fight, since I have it for my consoles already. Also, what ds games, I was planning on getting pokemon black, and the new okami game. And maybe world ends with you, at the time I pick it up.

TheEvilJester

Nov 18, 2009
Pokemon is amazing, and if you don't want Street Fighter I'm not exactly sure what launch title you plan on getting thats actually good. Maybe Monkey ball? I can't say anything about Okami though.

The 3DS is real amazing on its own though.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
I've been playing Ghost Recon Shadow Wars a bit lately and I love this game. The 3D while not vital to the gameplay adds some real sense of depth to the maps and characters. I think it's a really impressive and good use of non gimmicky 3D. The game is tactical but never overwhelmingly difficult and has a very easy to use interface. I did also hear that the campaign can last about 20-25 hours and there are a lot of skirmish missions too. In my opinion Ghost Recon is the silent hit of the launch line up.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Rayman is pretty damn awesome.
It's a remake, but a good one.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
The 3DS is a fascinating piece of hardware with it's 3D and (in my opinion, infinitely cooler) AR cards so it was a clear day one purchase for me. As for the launch titles though? Well...I bought Mile's Edgeworth Ace Attorney. All of the 3DS launch titles are lame in my opinion but the DS's launch titles weren't much better and look how that turned out. I maintain the DS is the best system on the market in terms of games.

PC aside, of course.

I got one to dick around with the AR cards and DS games I'd missed because my last one broke. That is until the sweet games start coming out down the line.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Pilotwings is beautiful and a great showcase for the technology. It's also really fun just to fly around. That said, there's not much of a game aspect to it, so it may not be your thing. Otherwise, I haven't demo'd anything else, but I've heard really good things about Super Street Fighter 4 3D and Super Monkey Ball 3D. As for DS games, The World Ends With You is a must-buy, and if you haven't experienced Mega Man Zero yet, you can get all 4 GBA games on one DS cart in the Mega Man Zero collection, which I suggest you do.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
SuperMse said:
Pilotwings is beautiful and a great showcase for the technology. It's also really fun just to fly around. That said, there's not much of a game aspect to it, so it may not be your thing. Otherwise, I haven't demo'd anything else, but I've heard really good things about Super Street Fighter 4 3D and Super Monkey Ball 3D. As for DS games, The World Ends With You is a must-buy, and if you haven't experienced Mega Man Zero yet, you can get all 4 GBA games on one DS cart in the Mega Man Zero collection, which I suggest you do.

...There exists a DS cart with 4 entire glorious megaman games on it? I demand to know why this is not in my collection.

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
Launch line-ups are always full of disappointment.

The two best games are SSF4 3D and Nintendogs + Cats, but seeing as how one is the return of a six year old DS game, and the other is a port of game from last year that itself was an upgrade of game from the year before.

On the other hand, since your post slightly implies that the 3DS is your first DS, it means you've managed to miss out on deluge of awesome titles. Can't go wrong with Pokemon BW!

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
SuperMse said:

...There exists a DS cart with 4 entire glorious megaman games on it? I demand to know why this is not in my collection.
I don't know, but let me help you rectify that. [http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-Zero-Collection-Nintendo-DS/dp/B003FBL86Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301854842&sr=8-1]

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
SuperMse said:
Hiphophippo said:
SuperMse said:

I don't know, but let me help you rectify that. [http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-Zero-Collection-Nintendo-DS/dp/B003FBL86Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301854842&sr=8-1]
It's not in my collection because the localising was very crappy, and as a result never got released in the UK despite having a review in the UK Official Nintenod Magazine months before release.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
I've really enjoyed Samurai Warriors and Lego Star Wars. But I think you need to be into them series anyways.

Street Fighter is average at best. I didn't enjoy it too much. Barely touched it really.

DS games. Okamiden and Pokemon you should get. And if you like Time Travel (more specifically Doctor Who) and JRPGs you'll enjoy Radiant Historia.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Any of the DS Castlevania games will entertain for hours. I hope there is a 3DS Metroidvania

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
I have Ghost Recon, Samuari Warriors, and Nintendogs. All of them are really cool and I would recomend all to anyone buying a 3DS. Nintedogs really has my wife going awww and how cute.. that being said I have played Radiant Historia and Strange Journey(DS games) the most thus far on my 3DS.. they are two of the best RPGs I have played in awhile.

ten.to.ten

Mar 17, 2011
Zekksta said:
The 3DS launch games are pretty lame tbh.

Just stick with Pokemon until something good that's 3D compatible comes out.
Yeah, I've got Asphalt and Super Monkey Ball and they're pretty good games but they're far from being "must haves". I'm desperate for Pilotwings but that wasn't a launch title here.

Get both Pokemon and The World Ends With You. Both are great.