Those songs that never, ever get old

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
So, we all have them. Songs we can listen to over, and over, and over again, and never get tired of them. Songs you could listen to a million billion times, and still be ready for more.

Two stick out in my mind. First, there's the always-catchy Techno Syndrome:

(Seriously, my ONLY complaint with Mortal Kombat 9 was that they didn't include this song)

Second, there's the boss battle theme from Persona 4, I'll Face Myself:

In my mind, there has never BEEN a more perfect boss battle theme. Also, bonus points for having a wicked-awesome remix in the anime:

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
The boss battle music was pretty sweet, yeah, but I preferred the boss battle theme for Ameno-sagiri.

Though my favorite track from P4 was probably "Corridor".

So somber.

Of course, I can't make a post in this thread without bringing up the song that I mentioned when I made my own thread along the same lines as this.

I could listen to it on repeat endlessly.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
BABY BABY BABY (no, not that Baby)

<youtube=Q9E3VR8Fnj0>

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Every single time sends chill down my spine

<youtube=rdMhTL5bZrs>

Also main theme from 28 days/weeks later will always creep me out

<youtube=YlApxZ5rF00>

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
I have a few like that:

I instantly feel in love with this track after seeing A&B last year in April, when they played in London. Been playing it on a regular basis ever since.

Menno de Jong played it during one of his Intuition Radio shows(#198 to be exact) and that, combined with the transition to the next track(sadly not on youtube) called Above All(Alex M.O.R.P.H Instrumental Mix) by Sylvia Tosun is just amazing.

Not much to say for the last one. MdJ is one of my favourite DJs and producers and this is just another quality remix by him.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Sexy! Possibly even better than Sinnerman.
Nah, Sinnerman still takes the title.

I have a massive affection for BS&T.

Hard to believe this was '65 isn't it.

I'm listening to this now, listen to that Eddie Hazel fucking rip!

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
The boss battle music was pretty sweet, yeah, but I preferred the boss battle theme for Ameno-sagiri.

It pains me to ask but which dungeon does that play in again? I haven't played the later parts of Persona 4 for AGES (my current playthrough is in the glorious part of the game where Naoto steps up to be a major part of the story. I ADORE her voice.)

OT:
This song is one of the only reasons I stuck with playing Aigis as at least a sub online. The other reasons would be A. She's AIGIS and B. Missile Launcher Pandora is so much swag. You fly back while launching missiles then can jetpack in along with them for bullshit overheads/lows forever (Orgia lets you use the jumping overhead twice in a row) and they can't get out of it because the missiles hit the same time you do and lock them down.

Also I would post Reach Out to the Truth but I don't want to clog up my post with more videos

Oh and the fucking Nichijou opening. So good.

Plus the hilarious weed smoking version

I have no idea how or when this hilarious anime song spliced with another piece of inappropriate music culture began on Youtube but it's one of the funniest things i've ever seen.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
I don't think I will ever get tired of this long song from the great Meatloaf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbQLB0q3hts[/youtube]

Lately, I have found this Two Steps from Hell song very catchy and I have listened to it a lot recently. Will it get old? Maybe, but it doesn't sound too old for me yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmhazYOIuA[/youtube]

I like long-ish songs (10-15 minutes)

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Just about anything The Beatles, and "Blue" by The Seatbelts/Yoko Kano.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
The Wykydtron said:

I have no idea how or when this hilarious anime song spliced with another piece of inappropriate music culture began on Youtube but it's one of the funniest things i've ever seen.
I feel obligated to post this:
OT: Songs that never get old? Well, ever since I first heard Evangelion's opening I've loved it.

But as a song to just put on repeat while I work, Raindrops and puddles from Katawa Shoujo is always good.

If I ever just want to smile, ACDC's Big Balls are always fun to play with.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009

I daresay one of Kanye West's finest collaborative works. Great music video, a great beat and four distinct verses that stand on their own.
The Wykydtron said:

That is nouw hereby certified, Youtube Gold.

Defeated Detective

Sep 30, 2012
uchytjes said:
The Wykydtron said:

I feel obligated to post this:
OT: Songs that never get old? Well, ever since I first heard Evangelion's opening I've loved it.

But as a song to just put on repeat while I work, Raindrops and puddles from Katawa Shoujo is always good.

If I ever just want to smile, ACDC's Big Balls are always fun to play with.
You raised on him, I'll raise on you(+ points since this is also off an anime OP):

To stay on topic though, I blame Top Gear for this one:

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
Nothing but Celldweller.
Seriously, my love for this song is undeniable. Same with MOST Celldweller songs. This one, however, is his most metal based song and my favorite of all the songs I have heard from Klayton.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Well for the last three weeks I've been alternating between
This
and
These
With no negitive side effects, so I'm going with these three.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009

I don't think I've ever skipped this song.

I started learning this recently, but I've loved it for ages. One of the great piano works. The bit at around 4:37 is one of my favourite moments in music.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009

I sincerely believe that this song, and it's many iterations, is without fault. It is pure, unfiltered joy. No matter how down I am, no matter how dark it can all seem, this one song can bring me back with a smile on my face.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
shrekfan246 said:

It pains me to ask but which dungeon does that play in again? I haven't played the later parts of Persona 4 for AGES (my current playthrough is in the glorious part of the game where Naoto steps up to be a major part of the story. I ADORE her voice.)
I assume you're asking about "Corridor"? :D

It's the true final dungeon, after you've beaten Ameno-sagiri, "stopped" Namatame, gone through the rest of school/vacation time and are winding down for the PC to leave town but decide that the mystery wasn't fully solved after all.

It made the ending so much more bittersweet. D:

OT: To bring up another video game song -

Pure eargasmic bliss. Austin Wintory did a fantastic job with that soundtrack.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Following the Persona trend here, I'll add these:

I love me some awesome RPG soundtracks. Speaking of which...