Thou art the Chosen One! Steel yourself for adventure!

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
Congratulations! You have been chosen from a group of young/youngish heroes to save the world/the Universe/the local food court/15% on car insurance by switching to Geico/whatever!

Also, this ain't no early NES JRPG, where all they give you when you start your quest is a handful of quarters, a pointy stick and a reassuring pat on the back, no sir. Whoever it is who has tasked you with saving the world/the Universe/the local food court/15% on car insurance by switching to Geico/whatever is giving you access to an absolutely ginormous armoury containing weapons, armor and all kinds of useful items from pretty much any work of fiction ever, as well as all the training and practice you need to use 'em like a pro! After all, this is NOT gonna be easy in any sense of the word, and they need to make room in the armory for an overground swimming pool, so why the hell not? Well, the girls might become easier, but that's another thread.

There's only one thing; you can only take one item from each of the following categories:

One melee weapon
One ranged weapon
One magical item/ability
One protective outfit
One mode of transportation

Don't forget, it can be ANYTHING, as long as it's from a work of fiction and it belongs in one of those categories. Also, try and vary the sources you get 'em from, m'kay?

Here's what I'd pick:

Melee Weapon: Lion Heart (Final Fantasy VIII)

Say what you will about FFVIII, you can't deny that the Gunblade is a badass weapon. Impractical to use IRL, but practicality ALWAYS comes second to awesomeness in FF. This is the strongest Gunblade in the game. Make of that what you will.

Ranged Weapon: M-76 Revenant (Mass Effect 2/3)

The best Assault Rifle in Mass Effect, or at the very least, the most prestigious. To paraphrase a quote from a completely unrelated game; pulling it out has a chance of stopping the fight then and there, pulling the trigger is guaranteed to.

Magical Ability: Mark of the Outsider (The Last Story)

When it's active, all enemies on the battlefield target you, and only you. Sure, this sounds like it's less than useless, but when fighting in a team, it allows your mates to do their own thing uninterrupted; which is always useful. Also, you can heal yourself by damaging an enemy when its active, and you can revive fallen comrades by standing over their fallen body. When you've taken enough damage, you can release it (as shown above) and do damage to ALL enemies on the battlefield, as well as slow 'em down, or even stop them in their tracks. No, I'm not making any of this up; this is all in the game.

Protective Outfit: Erdrick's Armor (Dragon Quest)

I was gonna do the Legendary Armor from DQIX, but I couldn't find a good image of it.

Yeah, it's a medieval suit of armor. It's also made of Orichalcum, the best mineral for making weapons and armor in the series, as resillient as a goddamn mountain and as light as a feather. Also, blue's my favourite color. Legendary Armor's too gold for my tastes.

Mode of Transportation: Nirvash TypeZERO (Eureka Seven)

A giant mecha that can ride through the air on a hoverboard, and is powered by the bond between me and my girlfriend? Yes please!

All's I need now is a girlfriend. ForeverAlone.jpg.

So, fellow hero, how will YOU outfit yourself for your epic tale of epic epicness?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Melee: Mjolnir, thor's hammer.

Ranged: Bolter, warhammer 40K

Magical ability: The force

Protective outfit: Mark IV spartan power armour

Mode of transportation: The nromandy sr2, mass effect.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Melee Weapon: Lightsaber
Ranged: MGS4 Rail Gun
Magical Ability: Super Saiyan
Protective Outfit: PAHAHAHA I am a Super Saiyan.
Mode Of Transporttion: See above.

Galaktia

Jul 4, 2010
Melee - Legacy from Eve of Extinction, cause, Tonfa, Sword, Staff and wristblades :D

Ranged - R.Y.A.N.O V2 from ratchet and clank

Magical Ability - Auto-Life Final Fantasy series

Protective Outfit - Jet Armor, Earth defence force AI

Mode of Transportation - Gold Chocobo!

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Melee: Mjolnir, I know its been said before, but hey, its a damn good hammer

Ranged: Black Widow Sniper Rifle, for those rare cases where I want to be relatively subtle

Magical ability: Saidin from the Wheel of Time series (after the taint is cleansed), primary offensive and defensive ability, a trained user is far more versatile than most other types of magic users, from mind warping and traditional fireballs to lasers and the creation of literally indestructible materials

Protective outfit: The latest Iron Man suit, not much more needs be said, I'll be enhancing portions of it with Saidin however.

Mode of Transportation: outfit provides local transport, magical ability provides near instantaneous transport between any two points in the universe, although some limitations exit. Just for kicks though, I'll take Jim Raynor's Hyperion as an orbital base of operations, and on the rare occasion it is needed, close air support. Again, enhancing it with Saidin is on the the to do list

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Dark Blood Excalibur

A tainted version of Excalibur, which uses blood magic to increase the power of its successive blows.

Sterling L34 A1 Silenced.

Mainly there to close the range on multiple targets, it is secondary to Excalibur.

Suggestion/Mind Control. Used to manipulate weak-willed individuals into doing my bidding.

Invisibility Field. Can be activated when I am not attacking, allowing entrance to most places, and a clean getaway even if I'm surrounded by armed police.

Stargate Atlantis Puddle Jumper

Its invisibility cloak and versatility would be especially important.

Oh, and I should probably mention that I will be more of a merciless mass murderer than a hero. Muahahaha!

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
Melee Weapon: Predator's wristblades
Ranged Weapon: The Plasma Rifle from Halo
Magical ability:
Invisibility, in case I feel like being stealthy
Protective outfit: Iron man's suit.
Transportation: The Stalker from Resistance Fall of Man.

RastaBadger

Jun 5, 2010
One melee weapon: Dragon's tooth sword(from Deus Ex) but longer so as to be a bastard sword.
One ranged weapon: Railgun sniper rifle
One magical item/ability: Epic parkour skills
One protective outfit: Trenchcoat but mostly avoid stuff with dodging
One mode of transportation: See ability

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011

And I'm good to go! Pew Pew!

electronicgoat

Feb 20, 2011
One melee weapon: The Muramasa, from the guy Muramasa. Or Chrono Trigger. Whatever.
One ranged weapon: .44 Magnum Revolver.
One magical ability: Cast Lightning Spears (see Dark Souls).
One protective outfit: A pinstripe suit.
One mode of transportation: Practical pair of shoes.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Melee weapon: The Brute Gravity Hammer from Halo 3/ODST/Reach.

Nothing gives quite the same "Come at me bro!" feeling like holding a Gravity Hammer does. Screw the finesse of the Energy Sword, with the Grav Hammer you can ruin not just the guy you're fighting, but every other unfortunate soul within a 10 square meter radius just for giggles.

Ranged weapon: The Electrotool from Timesplitters 2.

I have a lightning gun. You might want to consider retreating.

Magical ability: Fire Breath shout from Skyrim.

Actually, forget that last thing I said, because retreating won't save you.

Protective gear: Kinetic Barriers from Mass Effect.

More than adequate protection for most encounters without adding any weight, thus maintaining the speed and agility of a completely unarmored person.

Method of transportation: Portal device from Portal/Portal 2.

...Totally doesn't count as a second ranged weapon.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
One melee weapon? I'll take a lightsaber. Not that I expect to be competent enough to use one without hurting myself, but lightsabers are really easy to store. This will definitely be a backup weapon.

One ranged weapon? Supercharged gravity gun - from Half-Life 2 and more specifically the end sequence.

One magical item/ability? Laser screwdriver, the one The Master uses in Doctor Who. This and the above are kind of interchangeable, seeing as they can both be used as either tools or weapons, and I think it's actually this that I'd use as a primary weapon.

One protective outfit? HEV suit. I'd go for some better power armour, but I'd crash the Iron Man suit if I tried flying it, and Space Marine and SPARTAN armours would both kill me. Plus, I have a geek thing going on.

One mode of transportation? The time machine from back to the future, complete with Mr. Fusion.

Yeah, this is going to be fun.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
You know what, I think I'll just post this. It's not going to get any better:

Mobile Infantry ad astra!

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Being a bona fide adventure, the plot will shape itself to fit perfectly for whatever tools I have chosen, therefore:

One melee weapon: A Rapier
One ranged weapon: The Prototype Rifle from Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
One magical item/ability: Magic is for wimps, but if I must, one of Baron Samedi's Cursed DD44 Dostoveis.
One protective outfit: Protective outfits are for super-wimps.
One mode of transportation: Hmm, something that flies, is nigh on indestructible, easy to handle, and can be parked anywhere. I know: one of these:

Boy am I looking forward to an adventure that manages to juggle all that...

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
Why the hell do you need the Railgun?

Melee: Trunks' sword
Ranged: The Colt (Supernatural)
Magical Ability: I would choose super saiyan, but just so I'm not copying you... Great Ape (with control, and power ball)
Protective outfit: That incarnation of the Iron Man suit that exists inside of the person when not used.
Transport: If I don't feel like using the Iron Man suit, I'll go for a Ghost, ala Halo.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Dunno, Railguns are cool..

In the case of my Super Saiyan Powers not being sufficient enough.. Rail gun wins

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
Binnsyboy said:
Sean Hollyman said:

In the case of my Super Saiyan Powers not being sufficient enough.. Rail gun wins
Yes, because when enough power to destroy a planet isn't enough, a railgun is really going to help.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
Melee weapon: The Gauntlet from Quake III, it ripped right through people like butter and made a great noise.

Ranged weapon: Portal Gun. If you're thinking "it's not a weapon!", one could easily argue that it is, more over it is indisputably a weapon in Dungeon Defenders.

Magical item or Ability: I'm going to have to say Samson's strength (which was based on the length of his hair.).

[If you don't consider the Bible fiction, I understand, not trying to be a dick and/or make a statement on religion; the comicbook version of Samson will also do. EDIT: Actually the comic Samson is scientific in origin so he doesn't work, so the Samson & Goliath cartoon version will have to do.]

Protective outfit: Bayonetta's Hair. Not only is her hair incredibly power offensively and defensively as well, but coupled with Samson's passive and you might as well be invincible.

Mode of Transportation: The TARDIS. As much as I'd like something cool to cruise around in, the benefits of this coupled with the Portal Gun are just too much to deny.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Binnsyboy said:
Sean Hollyman said:

Yes, because when enough power to destroy a planet isn't enough, a railgun is really going to help.
Unless my powers decide to go all Spider-Man 2 on me and end up not working.