Thoughts on a "pick-up" line. And share some of yours.

BlueGlowstick

Nov 18, 2010
I posted some of Rise Against's "Audience of One" lyrics on Facebook a few days ago...

We ran like vampires from a thousand burning suns
But even then we should have stayed
But we ran away
Now all my friends gone
Maybe we've outgrown all the things we once loved
Runaway
But what are we running from?
A show of hands from those in this audience of one
Where have they gone?

and a stupid idiot friend of mine said that I'm his vampire xD lmao!

I'm sorry but what kind of "pick-up" line is that?

BTW... he removed the post lol xD

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I made one the other day when one of my friends was sending prank texts pretending to be a girl hitting on a male friend.

"How would you like to have a drunken wild night and wake up in a bush?"

BlueGlowstick

Nov 18, 2010
joethekoeller said:
I'm not one for pick up lines. Then again, I'm not one to make the first move altogether.

Also: Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?

Classic.
:O omfg xD lol.

Palademon said:
I made one the other day when one of my friends was sending prank texts pretending to be a girl hitting on a male friend.

"How would you like to have a drunken wild night and wake up in a bush?"
lol! that one is good. :)

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
joethekoeller said:
I'm not one for pick up lines. Then again, I'm not one to make the first move altogether.

Also: Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?

Classic.
Damn you ninja....pirates are cooler.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
"I must be Kurt Cobain because my mind has been blown..."
It's perfect...

BlueGlowstick

Nov 18, 2010
lmfao! ^^ I have heard of some stupid ones, but that one that my friend used just made me speechless xD

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
"Pick-up lines are lame and insult the intelligence of the person you're telling them to."

The only true one in this thread.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Pick-up lines are stupid and almost invariably do not work unless you are taking the piss or talking to a hipster or something.

I do not use them because of this and because I don't want to pick up anyone at all ever.

Actually, no, wait. I tried to use the lamest, most cliché shit ever once at a party. I was fed up with being gawked at and grabbed.
Only, apparently, I just sounded "dorky and adorable". Which was counter-productive.

I ended up having to leave the fucking party. No amount of cursing people out would make everyone fuck off.
I'm not even attractive, jesus.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
"What are your favourite invertebrates?"

"Do you like spiders?"

"I named my pet snake Cinnamon after Cinnamon Carter in the original Mission Impossible."

Generally, trying to mention my hobbies. If she goes 'Aw! Icky!", we'd have no future together. And if she is interested, well we have something to talk about.

thedevilscousin

Nov 14, 2010
IMO they don't work, but can be funny.

Examples:

My penis is three inches...... from the ground

Is it just me or do you have moles on both sides of your chest? (would be a priceless reaction)

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
Monkfish Acc. said:
Pick-up lines are stupid and almost invariably do not work unless you are taking the piss or talking to a hipster or something.

I do not use them because of this and because I don't want to pick up anyone at all ever.

Actually, no, wait. I tried to use the lamest, most cliché shit ever once at a party. I was fed up with being gawked at and grabbed.
Only, apparently, I just sounded "dorky and adorable". Which was counter-productive.

I ended up having to leave the fucking party. No amount of cursing people out would make everyone fuck off.
Disclaimer: Only applies if your a dude.
Oh my, your life must be a living hell ::rolls eyes::

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Ossian said:
Monkfish Acc. said:

Disclaimer: Only applies if your a dude.
Oh my, your life must be a living hell ::rolls eyes::
I am a dude. An asexual dude.
Try to imagine being hit on by gay guys all the time. It's sort of like that.
Only more annoying because girls for some reason are allowed to get away with creepier, more lascivious shit.

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
P.S Monkfish uses the forums entirely for the purpose of feeding his weird persecution complex and/or will troll you to death if you attempt to discuss any sexuality other than his own little fad :)

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
BlindTom said:
P.S Monkfish uses the forums entirely for the purpose of feeding his weird persecution complex and/or will troll you to death if you attempt to discuss any sexuality other than his own little fad :)
lolol u got me

Seriously, what.