Thoughts on Ellie's redesign in TLoU: Part 1

Bartholen

At age 6 I was born without a face
Legacy
Jul 1, 2020
Country
Finland
If those thoughts went through your brain while playing the game, you're better off not playing anything at all.

Maybe you could get away with Pong. Although there is the question of how those darned paddles move around with no visible means of propulsion or support whatsoever. Then there's the ball, or dot, bouncing off of invisible barriers... Darn it. Another game ruïned for me.
You can cut out the snark and condescension thank you. Abby's character design was far from ruining the game for me, the game did plenty of way more egregious things in that regard. I merely laid out why she stands out in a way that's jarring. But so is, say, sending a pregnant doctor out on armed patrol.

The sides the the brutes (male and female) are jacked, and I highly doubt it's giantism. That's nothing more than fan wank theory. I highly doubt Naughty Dog was implying that's why they were so big or large.
The point was that if we're trying to find in-universe explanations for the physical stature of the brutes beyond "it is a video game and there need to be minibosses", gigantism seems one of the more plausible ones considering they live in a decidedly primitive death cult. It was not meant to be "gigantism is definitely what Naughty Dog was implying here".

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The point was that if we're trying to find in-universe explanations for the physical stature of the brutes beyond "it is a video game and there need to be minibosses", gigantism seems one of the more plausible ones considering they live in a decidedly primitive death cult.
The same thing can be said for Fist Of The North Star. That's technically worse, as once again, that takes place after a nuclear apocalypse. Most of the dudes are roided out and carry some type of shoulder pads, battle axes, and crazy helmet designs.

There are a few jacked up people in a post-apocalypse zombie world. Not that hard to believe or imagine. Part 2 has way more issues than whatever giant mook/mini boss status is going on. It's making mountains out of molehills.

It was not meant to be "gigantism is definitely what Naughty Dog was implying here".
I know. Just pointing it out. I'm ending it there, because sequel has way more issues than some people who are juiced up in an zombie apocalypse. It was the least of my concerns back then, and still the least of my concerns now.