Thoughts on Sheva...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Well, I've been playing Resi 5 for the last few hours and the biggest feeling I have is relief.

The game plays great once you get used to the tank-like controls and it carries an unbelievable tension through the entire game due to always being just about to run out of ammo...

But the thing I'm most relieved about is Sheva. She is not half as bad as reviews have made her out to be, she has saved my ass so many times I lost count and only got herself killed once (by a chainsaw wielding monster...)

I was really dreading this addition to the game but I'm happy to say she actually works quite well... just don't try to give her any weapon that isn't a handgun, she won't use it.

Let's hope she stays this good for the second half of the game...

Anyone else got thoughts on her?

DethFan666

Dec 18, 2008
I think that ***** is just plain stupid. Also it's like baby sitting a goddamn monkey. She just stands there and let's herself get hit. The only gun she uses is the handgun. No matter what other weapon she has. Like for example the first chainsaw majini I fought. She stood in his way and let herself get slaughtered. She is just plain dumb no matter how you look at her. I would rather give Ashley Graham a gun before Sheva. At least Ashley can take orders. CapCom needs smacked in the head. Making an RE game coop. It is only a trend that every one is stuiply following. RE should be single playerand not have some dumb ass AI following you around, "like a lost puppy with a hearing defect".

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
I was laughing and screaming "You deserved that, *****" when she got slaughtered by the Majini. She deserved it

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
Sheva's only really decent in a fight once you've played through the required unfeasible amount of times to be able to save up enough to get her a longbow. Then just give her that (removing that sodding handgun was possibly the best thing I ever did ever) and laugh as you watch her blitz her way through the Majini hordes until the inevitable moment of "oh, FOR FECK'S SAKE!!" where she suddenly acquires a hole in the back of her head courtesy of that one lovely parasite-infectee she'd been ignoring.

KamachoMcSagget

Mar 22, 2009
Sheva has great AI, I thought the exact same thing (except when she ate that golden egg and keeps sticking to her pistol). Everyone else is just weird for hating her, and probably is afraid to have friends or something

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
The problem Sheva, and the game, has is that the bosses and certain enviornmental areas are best performed with two humans. The furnice boss in chapter 1-2 is the best example I can give since you have not done the second half. Rather then being able to time the furnice closing, Sheva sticks to you like a magnet. You can't have one person aggro and another pull the level.

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
Give her a proper gun and she's better than any other AI. Of course she doesn't always perform perfectly, AI never does, but people are really blaming her too much for their failures in the game.

Oh gee, she doesn't always save you from "dying" fast enough. How about trying not to get your ass kicked in the first place?

Avian Fang

Apr 23, 2008
Seriously it is not a hard concept to grasp. If you want her to use a Machine gun. Take every other gun out of her inventory. She has no choice but to use it. The only expection is the AI will never use the infinite ammo RPG. :( I was hoping it would work.

TJM8

Jan 25, 2009
She was ok, i wish i wouldve been able to have more control over her actions like choosing what guns she would actually use and what she would pick up. My biggest problem with her was that if i got pounced or was being tackled by something, she would stand next to me and watch until the enemy started to do damage and then took them off me. It may not seem like a big deal but on the harder difficulties the split dogs can destroy you in that amount of time. She wasnt great, she wasnt horrible, just another stepping stone for amazing AI in video games.

DethFan666

Dec 18, 2008
Yeah your ignoring the fact that she's a fucking idiot. Who let's herself get killed every five seconds.

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
I hated her AI but i love her character.

And her voice acting was good, unlike a certain protagonist with huge biceps...

Scunner

Jan 21, 2009
Apart from her need to shoot me in the back of the head all the time or her generally uselessness in boss fights, I didn't have that much problem with her. Certainly competent against the horde, but she did have some uncoordinated moments. I found her pretty effective giving her the MG and a Sniper Rifle.

SP MeaslyBinkie

Aug 27, 2008
When I played through Resi 5 on Professional the Chapter 3-3 (I think) boss made me go to unspeakable amounts of rage and when you encounter the Majini that carry TNT you might as well plug in a second controller which would be easier than let the AI continusly blow itself up.

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
I didn't give her anything. I just had her carry 9 healing items. It worked out pretty well if I do say so my self. Her AI was fine when I played co-op with a friend?oh wait. If her AI's annoying (it's not), there's the solution! The only thing that was truly bad was all of the stuff involving inventory management.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
I'd have liked her if she was anything more than a palette swap for Jill.

She's got fuck-all story of her own. Oh her parents were killed by the big bad enemy conglomerate...WHOSE HAVEN'T?!?!?!

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Avian Fang said:
Seriously it is not a hard concept to grasp. If you want her to use a Machine gun. Take every other gun out of her inventory. She has no choice but to use it. The only expection is the AI will never use the infinite ammo RPG. :( I was hoping it would work.
Yeah, thats what I did, I gave her a Rifle and a Machine Gun, she knew when to swap out which was surprising to say the least. The only really REALLY big complaint I had about her, was the Wesker and Jill fight. She was so retarded in that fight...words cannot explain.

Avian Fang

Apr 23, 2008
Yeah that is pretty amazing. But A.Is are mental when it comes to that fight. I was playing as Sheva and gave Chris the chaingun. If I ever grabbed Jill, Chris would open fire on her with it.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Optimus Prime said:
All I remember is her stupid voice shouting 'I need a herb'. I still laff to this day.
Or the way she says "I need...help!" when she goes into the dying state. With some emphasis on the help, for some reason. I'm playing through the game for the second time as Sheva, so Chris is being controlled by the AI this time. Following the second Uroboros (sp?) boss (the one that you use the flamethrowe) on I found Chris's considerable bulk to be quite a disadvantage, given the amount of times he got right in the way, especially when the boss picked up one of the gas canisters.