Thoughts on the sexualization of the new Fatal Frame?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I don't at all care.

I still won't buy it, not due to the sexualized nature of the potential waifus, but due to my being a massive coward to whom jumpscares are the equivalent of tactical psychological carpet bombing.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
WouldYouKindly said:
The jiggle physics? Oh, come on! At least not in a serious game. In a completely not going to touch the sexism of it(because it's a bit obvious) I'll focus on the tone. How the fuck would this add to the tone of the game? So when she gets startled first she jumps then her breasts bounce a half a dozen times? The only way I can see it working is if they pull a Spec Ops. First you need to establish the trope(senseless fanservice) before you tear it in half cackling like a mad man.

That did make me think that the male equivalent of this is floppy dong physics and we've only had that once in an extremely silly game, Mount your Friends. If there are more examples, please keep them to yourself.
Yeah, the jiggle physics are a bit silly and overdone.

Also, floppy dong physics has been done before, and in a title published by EA for consoles, no less. In Dante's Inferno, Satan had floppy dong physics.

Also someone said something upthread about a new Clock Tower? I'm starting to wonder if some publisher out there is directly plugged into my brain trying to figure out how best to nostalgia me personally out of my money (hint guys: that was #2. You already fucked up #1 by using the property to make a MOBA instead of a 6th game to tie off the plotline. I'll leave figuring out what I'm referring to as an exercise for the reader).

Ramzal

Jun 24, 2011
If silly boob jiggle/oversized breasts cause you actual disturbance in your life, then you've really got to take a good hard look at your priorities in life. It's a video game, not real, fiction, false, not a real thing.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Given that its Tecmo, I am not surprised about the jiggle physics. Furthermore, I was half expecting a Jiggle option in Hyrule Warriors...

I wouldn't care about the alternative costumes. They are optional by definition, and a way to let the designers go wild. They could dress her as Bayonetta, and it would still fell appropriate.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
8bitOwl said:
michael87cn said:
I don't see a problem. They do that in real life, you know.

Lol no, trust me, they don't. XD

Those aren't boobs... those are jelly blobs.
I guess you've never seen a woman with massive boobs and no bra jog before.
They fly everywhere, so yes, they do that in real life too.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
8bitOwl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
8bitOwl said:
michael87cn said:

Ahahahah no, they don't. Boobs don't have jelly physics, man.

Source: I have big boobs.
Well, I've still seen boobs flap around more than that on jogging women, so whatever i guess.

mecegirl

May 19, 2013
Ushiromiya Battler said:
8bitOwl said:
michael87cn said:

Wait, no bra? I don't have huge boobs and that sounds painful to me...Either way, using the way large unrestrained boobs move when a woman is running/jogging still doesn't justify the boob physics for two reasons.
1) The character was not running/jogging. She took a few steps forward and then stopped.
2) Her boobs aren't large.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I'm gonna be honest. All this thread did was make me seek out Fatal Frame 4 (since the only Nintendo console I have is a Wii) and consider getting a WiiU again.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
mecegirl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
8bitOwl said:
michael87cn said:

Wait, no bra? I don't have huge boobs and that sounds painful to me...Either way, using the way large unrestrained boobs move when a woman is running/jogging still doesn't justify the boob physics for two reasons.
1) The character was not running/jogging. She took a few steps forward and then stopped.
That wasn't my point, my point was just that boobs can in fact jiggle and flap around. Be it through sex, jogging or riding a horse.

And I completely agree that the jiggle physics in the game look ridiculous.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
8bitOwl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
8bitOwl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
8bitOwl said:
michael87cn said:

Well, I've still seen boobs flap around more than that on jogging women, so whatever i guess.

The problem is that those boobs aren't flapping around. Those boobs are quivering like jellies. Eeewww. I can assure you boobs don't do that.
They certainly do in the act of sex, anyways my whole point is that boobs can and will in fact jiggle if they're big enough and enough downward or upward force is applied.

mecegirl

May 19, 2013
Ushiromiya Battler said:
mecegirl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
8bitOwl said:
michael87cn said:

That wasn't my point, my point was just that boobs can in fact jiggle and flap around. Be it through sex, jogging or riding a horse.

Okay? If that satisfies you whatever. Its a pointless point to try to make though.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
smokratez said:
Like it, buy the game. Don't like it, don't buy the game. Let the market demand what kind of games are made.
Part of market demand is demanding from the market.

But I think the more important question is: when do you take your own advice and stop posting in the GamerGate threads?

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
mecegirl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
mecegirl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
8bitOwl said:
michael87cn said:

Okay? If that satisfies you whatever. Its a pointless point to try to make though.
You claimed they can't jiggle, I just told you they can.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
8bitOwl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
8bitOwl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
8bitOwl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
8bitOwl said:
michael87cn said:

The problem is that those boobs aren't flapping around. Those boobs are quivering like jellies. Eeewww. I can assure you boobs don't do that.
They certainly do in the act of sex, anyways my whole point is that boobs can and will in fact jiggle if they're big enough and enough downward or upward force is applied.

No, buddy, breasts do not have jelly physics and sex does not magically turn them into jellies.

Heck, that would be like me claiming that penises are so hard you can use them as poles, and Ryo Saeba has realistic penis physics:

No, what you're claiming is that breasts are made of stone, which they aren't. They can and will jiggle if they're big enough.
Jesus, have no one in this place seen a woman with massive breasts?

mecegirl

May 19, 2013
Ushiromiya Battler said:
mecegirl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
mecegirl said:
Ushiromiya Battler said:
8bitOwl said:
michael87cn said:

You claimed they can't jiggle, I just told you they can.
I never claimed that they can't jiggle. Only that they don't jiggle for any random reason. Though honestly I wouldn't use the word jiggle because it doesn't accurately describe the motion, but I digress. I'm gonna guess that you are getting me mixed up with someone else.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
It doesn't seem all that sexualized. At least, not as badly as some other games I've seen and I haven't really played enough Fatal Frame to be able to adequately comment on it if this is a running theme of the games or something.

I think the only thing that bugs me is the boob jiggling. Not because of any sexualization but because boobs do not jiggle like that at the slightest provocation even without a bra. I've seen it in quite a few games so it's become one of my biggest irrational pet peeves in gaming.

That said, I think I'll still buy this game if it gets localized and if the reviews are positive. It looks like fun.