THQ Nordic is Teasing Two New Games That WIll Be Revealed at Gamescom

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
THQ Nordic is Teasing Two New Games That WIll Be Revealed at Gamescom

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1419/1419874.jpgTHQ Nordic is bringing eight games to Gamescom next month, and two of them will be new titles revealed at the show.

THQ Nordic has announced it lineup for Gamescom, and of the eight games the publisher is planning to show off, two are unannounced titles. The other six are ELEX, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, SpellForce 3, Aquanox: Deep Descent, Wreckfest, and The Guild 3. The two unannounced games, though, are generating most of the interest.

The company has given brief descriptions of the two games in question. One is said to be a brand new, original IP. It's an open-world RPG that tells a "post-apocalyptic kung-fu fable." That's definitely interesting. Maybe we'll get a David Carradine-like character that wanders a wasteland beating down bad guys. That could be fun.

The second unannounced game is described as "a new installment of a well-known, mysterious, and horrific IP." That's an interesting description, and perusing THQ Nordic's catalog of IPs makes me think that we could be about to see a new entry in the Painkiller series.

Of course, the company has acquired a lot of IPs over the past few years, so there's no guarantee of a new Painkiller, but at least we won't have to wait long to find out. Gamescom 2017 kicks off in Cologne, Germany on August 22.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
So Fist of the North Star and... oh wow I really can't think of something for the horror game. A "well-known, mysterious and horrific IP" doesn't really come to mind from the THQ properties that Nordic has acquired over the last few years. I guess Painkiller is really the only thing close enough to being one.

Aetrion

May 19, 2012
A new Aquanox? Awesome! One of my favorite fictional universes of all time ever since Archemedian Dynasty.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
I don't care if it doesn't fit, I'm still holding out for Space Marine 2.