Throw Out Lawsuit, Lohan Just Wants Publicity, Rockstar Alleges

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Throw Out Lawsuit, Lohan Just Wants Publicity, Rockstar Alleges

This isn't the first time Lohan's done this, Rockstar points out.

Lindsay Lohan was just looking for publicity, Rockstar alleges, when she Grand Theft Auto V [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135852-Lindsay-Lohan-Sues-Rockstar-over-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Character-Likeness]. Rockstar seeks dismissal of all charges against it, "given this case's utter lack of merit and Ms. Lohan's history of misuing the legal system." Rockstar also seeks fines and sanctions against Lohan and her counsel, including coverage of Rockstar's legal fees and expenses.

The history Rockstar is referring to is Lohan's suit against the rapper Pitbull, which was dismissed last year. Lohan had sued Pitbull for referring to her in lyrics, claiming that the song Give Me Everything [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo5wWmKEaI] referenced her arrest in the line 'I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan.' Judge Hurley ruled that the First Amendment provided full protection in that case, and Lohan narrowly avoided being sanctioned for filing a frivolous lawsuit.

In both the Pitbull case and the Rockstar suit Lohan relies on a section of New York Civil Rights law regarding publicity and privacy. In the Pitbull case the Judge declared the New York law didn't apply to works of art. In any event, Pitbull's lawyers told the court, Lohan hasn't lived in New York in years [http://www.scribd.com/doc/72092122/Lohan]. Neither do we, says Rockstar, pointing out that it doesn't do business in New York and has no offices there, so a New York court has no right trying to claim jurisdiction.

"Even if there was any resemblance between Ms. Lohan and the GTAV characters (which there is not)," says Rockstar in its motion, "A creative work like GTAV simply cannot give rise to a right of publicity claim." A final decision has yet to be made regarding Rockstar's motion to dismiss.

Source: Hollywood Reporter [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/grand-theft-auto-maker-looks-728638]

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
What an utterly pathetic husk of a human being. At this point her only hope is accepting her irrelevance and moving on to a quiet life away from what she once was.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Wow, Lindsay Lohan is still a thing, huh? Pretty funny how desperately people cling to whatever scrap of fame they had when it's obvious that they have 0 marketable skills. My prediction: give it 5 years and you'll find Lindsay asking if you'd like to supersize your Big Mac meal at a McDonalds in LA.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
RJ 17 said:
Wow, Lindsay Lohan is still a thing, huh? Pretty funny how desperately people cling to whatever scrap of fame they had when it's obvious that they have 0 marketable skills. My prediction: give it 5 years and you'll find Lindsay asking if you'd like to supersize your Big Mac meal at a McDonalds in LA.
This, but there'll most likely be a camera crew for the reality tv show she's doing it for.

Isn't that what most washed up has-been's do, go into reality tv? I ask because I no longer have one and I like having all my brain cells.

rdaleric

Jan 22, 2009
The worst thing to come out of this is that a Pitbull song was referred to as a work of art.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
So she was saying the shallow, embarrassing, vapid, idiotic socialites in GTAV resembled her?

Lindsay, you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. Your very attempts at legal action here simply confirm you to embrace all the negative stereotypes of the character in question.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
"ELLOH, I am Lindsay Lohan!"

... what? No one got that reference?

Sad Panda :(

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
rdaleric said:
The worst thing to come out of this is that a Pitbull song was referred to as a work of art.
*shitty techno beat*

But how else are we to know,
of the parties he that he throw,
from the clubs of Rio
to the stadiums of Tokyo?
HAHAH!
TIMBEEEEEER!

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I thought I heard her tv show got canceled. (Please tell me it's true. Wikipedia doesn't give me any info on that, and I'd rather not go searching any further for such garbage.) In either case, she just needs more money to support her lavish lifestyle(I still can't shake the feeling she dive into drugs, again.) and will seek anything to leach off of, as also was the case against Pitbull.

It's kinda funny how used to being pampered these starlets get, then have an absolute breakdown when things don't go their way. I also heard Paris Hilton uses what cash she has left just to have paparazzi follow her around to make her feel important. I wonder what Kim Kardashian will do if Kanye and her divorce(Celebrity marriages lasting more than 5 years are miracles.), and her little empire of 12-18 girls who idolize her move on to the next sextape queen.

frobalt

Jan 2, 2012
Who the fuck is Lindsay Lohan?

I kid (sort of). These days she is a nobody. Hell, she's worse than a nobody. She a washed up teen actor that completely screwed herself up through drug use and it's made her look a few decades older than she is.

I hope Rockstar win their counter-case.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Hairless Mammoth said:
I thought I heard her tv show got canceled. (Please tell me it's true. Wikipedia doesn't give me any info on that, and I'd rather not go searching any further for such garbage.)
I checked. Seems to be true. Good thing, too.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
I know nothing about this woman aside from the fact that shes about as popular as a [censored] in [censored] around 1932. Having said that however, to me the T.V. is that thing I use my PS3 on. Speaking of which, proclaiming that you're the template for a GTA5 character is about as smart as claiming you're the original Family Guy or Amrican Dad character, or maybe Robot Chicken's Humping Robot.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Ladies and gentlemen, The Joker:

Seriously though, joking aside, this was never going to get much traction. If it did then every celebrity could clog up the legal system after every episode of SNL. When you put yourself in the public eye, you are able to be satirized. It's the nature of the beast and the only reason she's going up against Rockstar is because they scored a cool billion on GTA5. Like it or hate it, the game sold gangbusters and cockroaches always come after the crumbs when a big meal was just put out.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Darth Sea Bass said:
rdaleric said:
Well it wouldn't be the first time someones passed shit off as art. :D
Some even tried to do that literally: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist%27s_Shit

and they suceeded: "A tin was sold for ?124,000"

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Well Rockstar's call to dismiss the case seems to have given Lohan more publicity, by the story being reported, so well played Lindsay