Tim Schafer's New Game Pitch Faces a Tough, Fuzzy Crowd

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
A game where you go around helping people solve their unique problems and where each level is centered around a pivotal character attempting to decipher their individual shortcomings? Made by Time Schafer? Sounds really good, shame we kinda already have a game like that made by him but ah well find a unique direction to go in we have happy times and goodness.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Me think Cookie Monster's part in this video not quite recognised, for he is known for classical work as well.

Post of the year right here.

Galaxy613

Apr 6, 2008
random_bars said:
MiracleOfSound said:
I'd love if he gave us Brutal Legend 2 and it was an awesome hack'n'slash and not a mediocre RTS-type-thing.
But Brutal Legend is already an awesome hack'n'slash but with loads of different NPC allies you can do awesome teamup attacks with in a vaguely RTS-like format. Why would they cut out all the interesting things about the gameplay for the sequel?
Also because Activision gave Double Fine so much crap over Brutal Legend, I don't think anyone would touch the sequel.

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
I love. Love. LOVE that Double Fine are a game studio who can shift from M rated hard-core brawlers to delightful downloadables to kids' games, and the feeling is that they have a distinctive core design philosophy. That there is still a connection between Once Upon a Monster and Brutal Legend, and that they could not have come from different studios. Wonderful.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Sean Strife said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Me think Cookie Monster's part in this video not quite recognised, for he is known for classical work as well.

Post of the year right here.
Agreed, twenty times over...

But tim my old boy why don't you get around to treched two or DLC for god's sake, I need more trenched... I guess I'll just have to go back to Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, and Stacking for now then. Maybe Costume quest or Brutal Legend, maybe... but probably not.