Time you rooted for the antagonist

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
The Trojans in the movie Troy.

I couldn't stand Achilles attitude in the movie (and I know it was mostly meant to be that way but I think just the way Brad Pitt played him pissed me off somehow). Plus, Hector was just a badass mofo in my books. Lead the armies of Troy to so many victories and has the balls to take on the pussy half-god ladies man with a big ego. Hector was the king Troy should have had from the start.

Oh well though...

DoubleTime

Apr 23, 2010
Most of the time I root for the villain, especially if they fit within the parameters of what I think is sexy evil. Let's see...

Legato Bluesummers - Trigun
Kazutaka Muraki - Yami no Matsuei (Descendants of Darkness)
Joker - Batman (duh...)
Johnathan Crane - (c'mon, it's Cillian Murphey)
Jackson Ripner - Red Eye (Cillian Murphey again)

There's probably a lot more, but I can't think of them right now.

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
Probably about every Marvel comic ever.
Between Doom and Doc Ock (does Magneto even need mention?), Marvel just seems to have always had the whole "sympathetic/likable" villain scheme in the bag. It really gets under my skin how painfully simplified guys like that get in the recent films (except maybe Spider-Man 2), like having a morally ambiguous villain will make for less of a movie or something.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Death Note. Though technically, the antagonist is actually the hero, and the protagonist is actually the villain. In fact, I straight-up stopped watching when
L suddenly died. The dude was basically my hero.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Id say SOME of the humans in AVATAR I mean seriously I dont liek being told how much I suck as a species

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Drummie666 said:
Fucking hell lots of hate for Avatar around here. Guess I'll have to actually see that at some point.

OT: Homefront.

I imagined that the North Koreans had simply been trying to find all the generic character that were in the game and kill them. Seriously, wouldn't that have been really satisfying?
AVATAR isnt a bad movie by all means, in fact you could call it pretty good

and I can be sympathetic to BOTH sides

how ever the thing I hate about the movie is it bashes you over the head with the message of....

"YOU HUMANS SUCK!!! thats right! you in the audience you should be ashamed of yourself you fucking human scum, for destryoing THE ENVIRONMENT did you know youre not suposed to destroy the environment?

"Uhh actually yeah we keep getting told-"

"YOU DO NOT DESTROY THE ENVIRONMENT! oh and the na'vi are soooo mcuh bettr than you in every way seriously you should be awed by their purity and awsomeness

"well I mean they are kind of racist-

"HUMANS ARE RACIST BASTARDS EVERY ONE OF THEM! only good humans worship the na'vi (or die)"

"you now I feel like Ive heard all this before...."

"is AVATAR so awsoem and original!?

"ok fuck this Im going to watch district 9, at least they presented all this in a new and interesting way..."

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
So many people here rooted for the humans in Avatar... including me.

I also rooted for Megamind in the dreamworks movie Megamind, of course he becomes the hero and arguably was the protaganist despite him being an "evil genius".

May 5, 2010
I can't help but root for Jaime. Sure, he's banging his ***** of sister, he shoved an 8-year old out a very high window, and he's generally a bastard....But he makes it look GOOD. Particularly in the later books.

a ginger491

Apr 8, 2011
A Clockwork Orange. Alex was the greater of two evils but I still sympathized with him even knowing what he'd done

ratman995

Nov 30, 2009
Yeah probably everytime somebody invades america in a game/movie i always end up rooting for the invaders

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
I can't help but root for Jaime. Sure, he's banging his ***** of sister, he shoved an 8-year old out a very high window, and he's generally a bastard....But he makes it look GOOD. Particularly in the later books.
Much as I hate to admit it, I agree.
I'm glad Cersei lost interest in him after he lost his hand, though. She was his worse half, and she needs to be curbstomped by Drogon. Jaime is so much more relatable without her.
Also, Tyrion. I'm always rooting for Tyrion.

In other fandoms... Warhammer 40K. I really, really hate the Imperium of Man. I'll root for Tyranids, Chaos, Dark Eldar and most of all Orks before humans.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I really wished Colonel Badass [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ColonelBadass] and his army of space marines won in Avatar.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Gerard Butlers character in Law Abiding Citizen! I mean not only was he a total badass and in the right for wanting both scumbags to get the death penalty. But the entirety of his array actual and potential targets (except for the blonde chick who so far as I could see was completely uninvolved) were an unlikable lot...And to be honest I'm surprised the movie didn't have an alternate ending where Clyde killed Nicks wife and daughter(implied&offscreen) while leaving him without a scratch before he(Clyde) would go on to make his getaway