Timesplitters HD petition on the go

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
I have no idea what effect this would actually have but apparently the main reason for having no new Timesplitters is the CEO of Crytek being unsure of there being enough demand for it.

So someone has begun a petition to show that there is demand, it worked for Dark Souls PC so maybe it could work here. The petition is nearly up to 7K but it appears to have been going for quite some time although today was the first I've heard of it.

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/crytek-uk-create-a-timesplitters-hd-collection

Is petitioning a good way for fans to show demand for future projects? Or is it just pipe dream action?

P.S. could always sign it I suppose, if it's something you could get behind.

I know Bobmus' post is literally the first comment but this needs to be put up here....

bobmus said:
Crytek's CEO on this petition:
There is actually a petition running online trying to bring the fan base together. But unfortunately the petition doesn't look that convincing. If the petition picks up it will be an even better argument for us. At a personal level, I'm a big fan of Timesplitters 2. For me, I would love to see the game out there, as a newborn HD version or what not. I definitely would love to see it. But the case of turning this into a business decision is still difficult, despite the fact that there was a Twitter request feed to test the waters. And now the petition, it just seems to be as we expected, as it was when it was Free Radical.

There's a very hardcore market that is very verbal about it. I would love to see this, and if the fan base approves a further petition. They're trying to call 300,000 voices, I think it's at two or three thousand right now. If they could get the petition together I would be very happy to put in front of decision makers in the company, the key stakeholders, and say "Look here. This is how it is, let's make it now."

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
There is actually a petition running online trying to bring the fan base together. But unfortunately the petition doesn't look that convincing. If the petition picks up it will be an even better argument for us. At a personal level, I'm a big fan of Timesplitters 2. For me, I would love to see the game out there, as a newborn HD version or what not. I definitely would love to see it. But the case of turning this into a business decision is still difficult, despite the fact that there was a Twitter request feed to test the waters. And now the petition, it just seems to be as we expected, as it was when it was Free Radical.

There's a very hardcore market that is very verbal about it. I would love to see this, and if the fan base approves a further petition. They're trying to call 300,000 voices, I think it's at two or three thousand right now. If they could get the petition together I would be very happy to put in front of decision makers in the company, the key stakeholders, and say "Look here. This is how it is, let's make it now."

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Definitely signed the petition. Would love for them to see just how many people would love to have it.

And by the way, since you made this an hour and a half ago, the signatures have more than doubled to 16,203.

So get signing people! Even if you think that they won't listen or even if you don't like the series, because on the off chance this would work, I would love for it to happen.

Harkwell

Sep 14, 2009
Signed. When I was growing up, Timepsplitters 2 was the only FPS I owned. Out of all of the ones I played at the time, TS2 was the best. Now a days I still keep my old Xbox around JUST so I can play Timesplitters: Future Perfect.

Overall, they are very fun arcade-y shooters. The game is reminiscent of the older Doom and Quake games. I recommend them to anyone who is looking for a break from Call of Duty and their army of clones, and Halo.

EDIT: For those unfamiliar with the game, here's a Classic Game Room review of Timesplitters: Future Perfect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv0uITvmepU&hd=1.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I shall sign as I love Timesplitters more than I think is naturally possible, they are my favorite games of all time.

bobmus said:

Seems very fair of the man.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
I think the reason this petition hasn't picked up steam isn't a lack of interest, but a lack of publicity. Take the Dark Souls PC petition, for example. A few days after that went up it was all over the gaming news sites. I haven't seen this petition anywhere. If there were a few big sites that reported on it, I think that this petition would really start getting a lot of signatures.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I already signed this a while back, so I'm not going to sign it again.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
ohnoitsabear said:
I think the reason this petition hasn't picked up steam isn't a lack of interest, but a lack of publicity. Take the Dark Souls PC petition, for example. A few days after that went up it was all over the gaming news sites. I haven't seen this petition anywhere. If there were a few big sites that reported on it, I think that this petition would really start getting a lot of signatures.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I already signed this a while back, so I'm not going to sign it again.
Agreed.
You see love for Timesplitters all over the place everywhere yet this isn't doing well? Bull.
We need more and bigger sights reporting on this and we may just get what we want... no, need.

Need mah fuckin' splitterz, bro.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Tallim said:
I was just contemplating posting this, good to see someone beat me too it :p

I missed the goldeneye craze (never had a 64). SO for me, THIS is my goldeneye, the shooter that will never be beaten. Except timesplitters holds up well for its age :p

The petition is now at 22,000. Yesterday it was about 3000. Either people are doing good or something odd is happening.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
daveman247 said:
Tallim said:
I was just contemplating posting this, good to see someone beat me too it :p

I missed the goldeneye craze (never had a 64). SO for me, THIS is my goldeneye, the shooter that will never be beaten. Except timesplitters holds up well for its age :p

The petition is now at 22,000. Yesterday it was about 3000. Either people are doing good or something odd is happening.
It may well be because it's at the top of r/gaming at the moment. And that's after it being up for only 2 hours.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/134sxw/for_300000_signatures_crytek_will_release/

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
daveman247 said:
Holy shit you're right. This might actually happen now. Hooray for the internet!

Brixton6

Mar 30, 2012
I actually found this out from the Amazon.com Facebook page of all things. I signed it immediately. While I really don't care about an HD Collection (because I already own 2 and Future Perfect), if it helps to get a new entry in the series released, I support it 100%.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Singed. This is just too awesome not to happen. Never played the first, but 2 and 3 are some of the most fun I've ever had with video games.

They's better keep the multi-player bots though. If they want to also have online play there because that's the done thing now so be it, but I want to be able to play with bots if I so choose.

EDIT: Also, yes, this definitely needs more publicity. I'm not sure if it's out of line for random forumites to tell the escapist staff that we need an article on this... but we really need an article on this.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I know they may not be the biggest gaming site but Xbox360Achievements put up a piece about the petition.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13407-Sign-the-TimeSplitters-4-Petition-and-Crytek-Might-be-Able-to-Make-it-Happen.html

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Signed it. Would be nice to have since I opened up my TS3 case and found the disc scratched to shit. I haven't taken that disc out in two years, and it was never scratched before :(

Oh, and I hope they do that thing Ratchet and Clank did and redo the multiplayer. That would be so badass, I would play for a week straight.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
My friend was on reddit during a clas and when he scolled passed it I immediately took control of the computer and signed it.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Agreed.
You see love for Timesplitters all over the place everywhere yet this isn't doing well? Bull.
We need more and bigger sights reporting on this and we may just get what we want... no, need.

Would it be possible to get the news room to make an article for it?
After all, they've covered quite a lot of news around Timesplitters.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Palademon said:
hazabaza1 said:
Agreed.

Would it be possible to get the news room to make an article for it?
After all, they've covered quite a lot of news around Timesplitters.
I sent Susan a message. Now all we can do is hope.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
IGN did a little article on it :p

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/14/crytek-timesplitters-hd-collection-still-possible