Tips for learner's permit test

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
In the next few days I plan on getting my permit. I've read through the book but I feel it's all the trick questions that will get me. Any tips?

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Take the online tests until you're sure you're ready and don't bother with reading the entire Learner's Manual. When you're confident, go for it!

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Practice with the online tests, and perhaps skim over the most important parts of the written material again before you even enter the building or that morning before you go in, and really ,...just relax. ^_^

Elosandi

May 5, 2011
Just revise practice questions and assume the safest answer. There isn't any need to actually read the information, you'll pick those up doing practice questions/checking your answer

That's about all there is to it. It's one of the easiest tests you'll ever sit.

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
Practise tests, and during the exam, if you blank, just go with your gut. Generally, you know the answer subconciously if you have revised it.

Angry Camel

Mar 21, 2011
Do the online test repeatedly. That way you will know the answer to all the questions. Just relax. Common sense is your friend.

XelaisPWN

Jun 8, 2009
I failed it the first time, to be honest. It's not THAT hard, I just overthought some questions.

Just take it easy, I'd say. It's really not that hard, and you'll get it in 2 goes at the most, if not on your first.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Study the online tests like your life depends on it..until your eyes bleed. And don't worry about it...It's not that hard. At least it isn't here in Australia.

Bagas

Apr 25, 2011
Before reading any of the choices, read the question and think what is right. If what you think is any of the choices, that's most likely the correct one. My mother works with driving lisences and stuff, and this is the advice she gives.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
The written test is really not as difficult as you think. Just wait till you're actually out driving. I hope you don't get lots of snow where you live.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
What's a permit test? From the context and other comments I'm going to assume it's a driving test....
In which case, remain confident. Don't panic, just relax. Hopefully you'll have a nice examiner. And also take your time - it's not a race.
If it's what we call the "theory test", then a lot of it is common sense (well here it is anyway). The questions are very easy. Then you can join the first time club!

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Just use your common sense, it served me well, until I had to function a nuclear reactor... now I have third arm, way more productivity.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Learner test are easy, most of the questions are common sense, but there are a few questions that are kind of six one half dozen the other. While on the road it wouldn't make a difference in a test there's only one right answer. I failed my learners test the first time because of these miserable trick questions. Just get someone to quiz you, go over the questions and you'll be fine, it's not a hard test and it's not meant to be hard.

Good luck!

Forbearance

Best person in the universe
Sep 9, 2009
Don't know how Americans do it, but in Australia, it's just 40 questions of "WHAT DUZ THIZ SIEN MEEN!" *Picture of a Give Way sign*. Not hard at all.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
dt61 said:
In the next few days I plan on getting my permit. I've read through the book but I feel it's all the trick questions that will get me. Any tips?
Give-way rules. Memorise them. The most important thing. They can't "trick" you if you know it. Look at the whole picture before answering including any sneakily inserted lines, signs or crap on the side of the road.

There'll probably be some random bollocks question about how long do you have to notify of change of address or something stupid like that, memorise that one too.

Test yourself a lot.

Kurokasumi

Aug 11, 2009
Don't fail it 3 times in a row like I did lol.
But in all seriousness, study the handbook very thoroughly, get someone to ask you questions out of it, and like everyone else has said, take the online tests over and over.

CATB320

Jan 30, 2011
Do practice tests! I got an app for my phone that let me take them, and I passed even though I didn't read the driver's manual. Most of the questions just needed some common sense.