Tired of being the "normal" person?

zombiechef

Apr 22, 2009
Well everyone's weird in there own way. However I dont consider myself a social outcast though, I have friends and there just as weird as I am, if not a little more.

magnus gallant

Mar 20, 2008
hmmm, well im a guy with hair down to his stomach and i wear obscure metal shirts all the time (agalloch, anathema, darkthrone, emperor, etc). it's all self inflicted of course, i don't think im a weird guy though. i tend to get along with people and i make friends easily enough :)

Aug 13, 2008
well like, im no social outcast or anything, but im often told (and can see why) that im weird
but compared to some nut jobs, im kinda jealous - they must see life so interestingly

strwrs_freak

Apr 16, 2009
I agrre, "normal" is a socially constricted definition, and dependind on the group one could be labled normal, and in another be labled "Weird"

EX: When at work, as a High School teacher, I am often considered weird by certain coworkers because I am into gaming, and the culture surrounding it, ie why I don't usually flout this. Yet when hanging out with my "gamer" friends I am considered rather normal.

LOOY

Apr 14, 2008
The weird person thread was a troll, no i'm not normal, I have forum troll paranoia

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Earthbound said:
To anyone besides my close friends, I'm a pretty normal guy. Sure, I play videogames and am fairly shy, but that not unusual. To my friends, however, I'm considered at least a bit weird. I'm always the guy that comes up with random thoughts, ideas, or suggestions. Also, I'll do relatively random things for the sole purpose of doing them.
^This

prefectimo

Feb 4, 2009
I am normal. I don't have any actual mental disorders, I do, however, have quirks and other odd habits like almost every person in existance.

The difference between me and some is that I realise we all do certain strange things while others choose to label themselves weird, in what I can only imagine would be an attempt to make themselves seem 'more individual'. They give themselves the mind set that they are not the social norm therefore they are unique and not like the sheep.

I am still trying to learn why these social behaviours exist. I can understand the want to have a distinct view of yourself, that sets you a side from others, but to go as far as thinking yourself into believing that most people in the world isn't like you? Well that is quite weird.

Badger616

Apr 22, 2009
The *normal* people I know are all boring unimaginative dicks. Being your own person is way more rewarding, regardless of what other people think