Tired of being the "weird person"?

mikemart

Apr 16, 2009
i hate being the weird one, im really the only gamer in my school, when i dont even play videogames that much anymore. ALL my systems are collecting dust.

ive made some mistakes in the past but people still hold it over me like i still act like that or do weird stuff.

the assholes call me gay cause ive never been with a girl but no girl would go out with me!

im made fun of because im a yankee and a jet fan from alot of people because sports is big in my school.

tanithwolf

For The Epic Tanith Wolf
Mar 26, 2009
seydaman said:
for some reason i have a strange compulsion to ask if you want a hug..
Can I have a hug? And it's saying things like that that gets me weird looks. My general rule when people treat you like your weird, remember that they're the intollerant (insert colourful language here). It's people like them who start wars. And then you realise that it makes you better then them because you can see past the skin of a person.

zeroharpuia

Mar 31, 2009
I may be an exception, but I've never really needed (or wanted) the approval of anybody else. If people say I'm a nerd because I like watching anime, whatever. Call me a geek for liking Dungeons & Dragons and Magic, I guess your right. Shun me for being different, I'll just read a book instead of talking to you.

Eventually you'll be able to find people who respect you for who YOU are, and they wont judge you based on silly things like your eyes, hair or what you enjoy, they'll judge you based on whats important instead.

You just have to be patient and try talking people who are shy, geeks or loners. They are usually open for friendships. It worked for me.

Kogarian

Feb 24, 2008
My friends tell me they dont' understand me when I'm serious (from the larger vocabulary I have and obscure historical/scientific references I make) and they say I go too far when joking. People also used to call me Jew as I was blond-haired and blue-eyed (yeah, they somehow got 'Nazi' and 'Jew' mixed up). But then another blond-haired, blue-eyed kid moved in and they started calling him 'Jew'. Now I'm just known as 'Nazi' even though I'm one of the only non-racists at our school.

But honestly, being socially isolated and being treated weird made me a better person. I was able to learn more about various academic subjects, read more often, learn about different people's ideas, got to listen to non-main stream music that I didn't know existed before, and met people actually worth knowing.

deathbyBONK

Oct 9, 2008
I guess I'm just lucky with how my school is. I've been a bizarre kid my whole life (bit of bi-polar thrown in my genetics helps that nicely) but frankly it actually is a door opener with my classmates. I've got friends and I go out and have fun. I dunno, maybe Georgians are as fucked up as the weather is here haha.

Tri Force95

Apr 20, 2009
It sucks what happened to you, and what possibly is still happening, but red eyes, i woulld kill for red eyes, that just awesome.

For me, im what u would call, fat, and i was made fun of in elementary school everyday for 4 years. It sucked, but in 5th grade i stopped and hasnt continued since (3-4years)

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Well... my history?? I had always being a very curious guy when it comes to sex, that made read and research everything I could about it, that got me ahead of my friends in a lot of things (I am talking about KNOWLEDGE not actual practice), but earned me a reputation among the girls that I only looked for sex, and after getting it, I would dump the girl...

that was never the case, I was still a virgin when that rumour got around and i´m pretty sure the rumour was spread because one of my friends was jealous of my "popularity" among the girls, I was 15 at the time, and that damn rumour prevented me to get any girlfriend until I got to 18... I mean, yes, I knew a lot more about sex than I should had, but come on!! taking advantage of 15 year old girls?!?!? that´s just ridiculous.

anyway, that same rumour made me popular when the girls were more available, but ended in me finding empty shells that didn´t cared about me, just about my knowledge, and I had always looked for love, not sex.

because the first thing I learned about sex?? it is much greater when it is made with love, and for the note, my wife the first time I met her told me "hey!! I have heard a lot of things about you" which was funny because I replied "yeah, I have heard a lot of things about you" and after a couple of hours of conversation, we both knew they were all lies!!

Kingkiller12

Sep 9, 2008
OK, you all need to chill the fuck out with the whole "this proves religion is bullshit, and people who believe in that mythical crap are retards". THIS DOESN'T PROVE ANYTHING AND NOT ALL RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE LIKE THIS!!!!!!!! I mean seriously you guys look for anything to bash religion, its saddening. I am catholic (considered the most extreme type of Christianity) and i think that your parents are dumbshits who don't deserve to have given birth to someone as unique as you. I'm sorry that the people in your high school can't see past physical appearance to get to know and quite possibly like you better. seriously though guys, stop blaming religion when someone treats you like crap. i could make the same stereotype about atheists (i get treated like complete garbage because i have faith in a god, i don't bother people with it or even mention it) but unlike many of you i don't generalize a group of people in a category of idiots. All of you who do stereotype religious people are no better than the people who treat you like crap. you all need to start looking at people individually, instead of as a group.

Squedee

Apr 3, 2009
Suiseiseki IRL said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
All because of Eye color? That really sucks dude. Meh, people are stupid, what are you gonna do? I would take red eyes over my boring 'ol brown ones any day.
What would you rather be:

A supposed cosplaying nerd, or a red-eyed demon child. (put some serious thought into it)
red eyed demon child

Kingkiller12

Sep 9, 2008
mikemart said:
i hate being the weird one, im really the only gamer in my school, when i dont even play videogames that much anymore. ALL my systems are collecting dust.

ive made some mistakes in the past but people still hold it over me like i still act like that or do weird stuff.

the assholes call me gay cause ive never been with a girl but no girl would go out with me!

im made fun of because im a yankee and a jet fan from alot of people because sports is big in my school.
this pretty much sums me up, except that i play alot of video games and i don't like sports at all. also i get called gay but not for the reason you said but because unlike most of the guys at my school, i actually am not seeking a partner (amazing i know lol)

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
it's my choice not to talk to people because most of them piss me off my closest frined friend is an lesbian girl ( we've gone to the same schools since pre school) who I play music with (we've got a 3 person band I play guitar and occationally piano and she plays drums, oh theres also our singer who is her GF) and play video games with, and we went to the movies together once but she ended up leaving me to go with her girlfriend. my other friends we typically just hang out together on weekends when we got nothin to do...

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
I don't usually talk to people. But when I do, I don't feel like the 'weird person', because my best friend is the girl that everyone loves, and I'm the guy that would rip the head off anyone who hurt best friend. (I know who... don't mess with me.)

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Shapsters said:
Where do you live that everyone is afraid of someone with no eyes? Bloody Utah?
Excuse me?
We don't take kindly to prejudice around here.
ESPECIALLY against Mormons.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
berethond said:
Shapsters said:
Excuse me?
Is that a joke or are you serious? Why are Mormon's off limits?

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
It sounds like you're surrounded by complete idiots in your life. If I met you, I would give you a hi-5 and piggy back you down the main street in my leafy suit. Though I'm a very accepting person, unfortunately many others are dicks. Though I find it somewhat unbelievable that this event has happened to you with people calling you a cosplayer and such. Though that's probably just because my schoolmates are quite ignorant.

Tired of being the "weird person" am I? Well, it seems the majority of everybody on this forum are 'unique' in some way or other. We should put together a group and just gun down a few schools.

I try my best to be the weird person. I'll bore you peoples with my problems some other time. Following the crowd is never as fun anyway. Well, I'm now going to go in a leafy suit and buy a watermelon at Safeway. Bye guys!

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Shapsters said:
berethond said:
Shapsters said:
Excuse me?
Is that a joke or are you serious? Why are Mormon's off limits?
#1) You really should be prejudiced against anyone.
#2) Because I said so.
#3) Chances are you've never been to a Mormon church, and you've probably hardly (if ever) talked to a Mormon. You really don't know ANYTHING about Mormons, yet you stereotype and generalize them. Is that right?

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
berethond said:
#1) You really should be prejudiced against anyone.
#2) Because I said so.
#3) Chances are you've never been to a Mormon church, and you've probably hardly (if ever) talked to a Mormon. You really don't know ANYTHING about Mormons, yet you stereotype and generalize them. Is that right?
Mormons believe a guy who dictated his holy book by reading tablets out of a hat. What more is there to know?

PS - My uncle's a Mormon, and I've done a good bit of research on the religion.