Titanfall 2 Gameplay Teaser, Collector's Edition Leaked

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Titanfall 2 Gameplay Teaser, Collector's Edition Leaked

Looks like EA will be showing a lot of Titanfall 2 at its E3 conference this year.

EA has confirmed that it will be officially revealing Titanfall 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/titanfall%202?os=%20titanfall%202] at its E3 press event this year via this short gameplay teaser:

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/741314033639391232]

By short, I mean really short, at just 12 seconds the teaser shows us a mere glimpse of the game. From the looks of things, it looks quite similar, both in terms of graphics and tone, to the original Titanfall.

But while this official reveal is somewhat uneventful, the folks over at NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1231148] have actually dug up leaked collector's edition information, including images of the two separate editions Titanfall 2 will get. Check them out below:

[gallery=6276]

As well as confirming that the game is indeed coming out on PS4, we can see some of the cool, no doubt incredibly expensive, goodies collector's can expect.

Are you hyped for Titanfall 2? I thought the first game was mechanically very fun, but simply lacking in content. Hopefully, this can be addressed in the sequel!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
CrimsonBlack said:
Yay, more preorder crap, before the game has even been shown in action. Yeah, it's a "leak" my ass.
These are collector's editions, not pre-order bonuses. They didn't even mention pre-orders anywhere.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Why would I want a collector's edition of a sequel to what could be considered a textbook definition of "wasted potential"? Maybe the developers should stop worrying about what to include in a collectors edition and focus themselves on making the game something I'd actually want to play.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Huh. So that was a wall-running Titan in the background image of their official site.

That's uh, hmm.....actually, I'm not sure how to take that. Mechanically, that'll make for some, er, interesting encounters. Thematically, it's fucking awesome. So, I guess if nothing else, it'll look cool.

Regardless, I'm more curious than ever to see how the story campaign turns out. I'm also curious to see what additions Respawn has made to the game-play, the PvP and PvE content, and weapon/Titan loadouts.

Hopefully, they manage to cram more into the launch build this time around....

<.<

The Rogue Wolf said:
Why would I want a collector's edition of a sequel to what could be considered a textbook definition of "wasted potential"? Maybe the developers should stop worrying about what to include in a collectors edition and focus themselves on making the game something I'd actually want to play.
Um...you know this sort of thing is generally handled by the publisher, not the developer, right? I mean, it's not like Respawn has a massive team of people sitting around for months trying to come up with the perfect set of gear to include in a limited collectors edition.

Good lord, I get wanting things to criticize the game over, but come on. It's just a peek at the collectors edition of the game. It's not like it's an omen of the end times.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Titanfall 2: Forget about it after a month all over again.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
A twelve second teaser, with six seconds of actual content.

Inevitable snark aside, I continue to regard this game with a heartfelt "Cool!". Choice of console platform ensured I could never play the rather interesting looking original, so the fact that this one will be on the PS4 *and* promises a US Civil War/American Revolution inspired campaign - looking at all the American history inspired games I've played, I think I should have been born a Yank - has me very much excited.

nomotog_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2013
Dragonlayer said:

Inevitable snark aside, I continue to regard this game with a heartfelt "Cool!". Choice of console platform ensured I could never play the rather interesting looking original, so the fact that this one will be on the PS4 *and* promises a US Civil War/American Revolution inspired campaign - looking at all the American history inspired games I've played, I think I should have been born a Yank - has me very much excited.
Here, have some more trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwbutTQ8Yow It sounds a little like your going to have a robot buddy for the SP and that could be neat.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Looking forward to this. Titanfall was the the thing I was most excited for that I was certain right from the get go that I was never gonna play. An XBone exclusive AND no single player to speak of? Either of those are a potential deal breaker but together they're the unholy tag team of interest destroying as far as I'm concerned.

Since the sequel has the good sense to rectify both of those concerns, I'll be sure to pick it up.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
nomotog said:
Dragonlayer said:

Here, have some more trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwbutTQ8Yow It sounds a little like your going to have a robot buddy for the SP and that could be neat.
Holy shit, that looked fucking awesome! I didn't realise the Titans had independent AI systems - I mean, I already knew you could set them to basic "Attack/Defend" modes when you were too busy wallrunning in the first game, but taking it to this level of full co-op partner is seriously cool! My only minor nitpick is that it appears we have to be the Militia: perhaps inevitable if the story is about breaking free from tyranny, but I always preferred the IMC from what I've read (plus their colour-scheme looks better, which is the most important thing in war).