Titanfall Developers Secretly Listen to Players Complain

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Metalrocks said:
that is sure great of them that they actually do something if people complain about a certain problem. in a civil manner of course.
i personally have no real issue besides that the last patch makes the game freeze which i never had before. at least yesterday it was fine but still, very frustrating when you managed a round and got a good score and the game crashes and you lose the whole progress.
That shouldn't actually happen. Your stats are tracked and recorded in real time, so even if you disconnect before the post-game scoreboard your stats will still be saved from that match. Your last game summary might not be stored for that match, but the overall stats should be updated.

Now, my only real complaint at the moment since the last big patch was their breaking of the R-101C Carbine.

The patch inadvertently removed all/most recoil from the carbine when sighting in. So, no matter the range or length of time firing, your shots will always go right where the center of your reticule is aiming.

It's really annoying and seriously unbalances the weapon.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
IndieForever said:
What there is *never* any harm in doing is trawling all available sources for feedback and having an active and visible online presence for your customers, even if it's just to say, "look, we've heard the feedback about X but we're not making any changes because of Y." People appreciate that instead of the usual round of silence or apparent lack of interest after the game has shipped and the money pile is being counted.
That's the general gist of what I was getting at: an industry filled with developers that actually seek out customer feedback and in turn use what they've learned to improve the product.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Vigormortis said:
Metalrocks said:
that is sure great of them that they actually do something if people complain about a certain problem. in a civil manner of course.
i personally have no real issue besides that the last patch makes the game freeze which i never had before. at least yesterday it was fine but still, very frustrating when you managed a round and got a good score and the game crashes and you lose the whole progress.
That shouldn't actually happen. Your stats are tracked and recorded in real time, so even if you disconnect before the post-game scoreboard your stats will still be saved from that match. Your last game summary might not be stored for that match, but the overall stats should be updated.

Now, my only real complaint at the moment since the last big patch was their breaking of the R-101C Carbine.

The patch inadvertently removed all/most recoil from the carbine when sighting in. So, no matter the range or length of time firing, your shots will always go right where the center of your reticule is aiming.

It's really annoying and seriously unbalances the weapon.
well, this happened after the round finished and was loading. thats were the game crashed and i lost everything of that round i just played. even the challenges got lost as well.

regarding the carbine, yes, it is a bit different with aiming now than what it used to be before. i have noticed on the official titanfall forum as well that people complained about it.
i guess i never made a issue of it since im mostly encounter people up close and still are more or less effective against them.

well, now its the chance for them to proof if they listen or not.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Whenever anyone brings up community input it seems the knee-jerk response is that it's useless abusive shit from 12-year olds calling other 12-year olds faggots. There are other avenues of criticism, like Reddit, and even on Youtube there are good ideas. Personally I was more shocked that other developers don't listen to their community.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Hopefully they are working on an offline single-player campaign for the game so that when the servers are shut down people will still be able to play the game