Titanfall Drops the Official Gameplay Launch Trailer

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Beta was enough for me so I bought it for $50. Hopefully it's worth it. Don't disappoint me Respawn!

Can't wait :)

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Glaice said:
Let me know when Origin is dropped from the requirements and maybe I will be interested once again..
I doubt that will ever happen and honestly I don't see the need as there's nothing wrong with origin.
I just don't need yet another software delivery system on my computer, I'm barely tolerating UPlay that is needed for Farcry 3 & FC3 Blood Dragon...

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Glaice said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Glaice said:
Let me know when Origin is dropped from the requirements and maybe I will be interested once again..
I doubt that will ever happen and honestly I don't see the need as there's nothing wrong with origin.
I just don't need yet another software delivery system on my computer, I'm barely tolerating UPlay that is needed for Farcry 3 & FC3 Blood Dragon...
I don't think we need any to be honest and that includes Steam but I can agree on Uplay, I still haven't been able to installed FC3 because it throttles my connection silly.

Mar 26, 2008
Now that is an effective trailer, for a game that I thought they'd have a hard time coming up with a trailer for. Slow-mo makes everything look cooler, but ironically the biggest ace up Titanfall's sleeve is that it is FAST.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Charcharo said:
Better not to add it, instead of making it bad. There were great SP shooters this year, like Metro Last Light... and that thing Bioshock Infinite, people like it.

Hell, Wolfenstein, a LEGENDARY series with 2 games that had simply AMAZING multiplayer is coming out as a single player game...
See I don't get that... they SHOULD have a GOOD single player mode... but they're trying to save money by appealing purely to the "COD Crowd" and the competitive shooter fan... which is annoying...

Also while Bioshock Infinite was indeed awesome (haven't played Last Light yet)... Titanfall has Giant Robots, and I love Giant Robots to the point of absurdity except nobody wants to make Single Player Giant Robot Games anymore. That's probably why Titanfall makes me so angry, it has so much stuff that makes me want to play it, cool mechs, cool world design but it has "no story" and I'd have to play with other people in a primarily competitive environment and I can't say I've enjoyed a competitive shooter since the days of Goldeneye/Perfect Dark and the original Halo.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
WashAran said:
Can you actually counter melee attacks from a titan when siting in a titan?
No, you just swing and hope to connect. The execution animation only happens when the enemy's Titan is in a critical state, in which case the other guy should have bailed out immediately from such a vulnerable position. In normal combat the Titans are so ponderous that if you get into melee range then either you are very inept or you wanted to be there, so the lack of a counter isn't really an issue. To an extent hitting dash to move out of melee range is the counter.

Snowpact

He is the Walrus
Oct 15, 2008
I think it's a good trailer. Not great, but better than a lot of them out there. I just wish they would have used 'Man and Machine' by Miracle of Sound in the trailer. It may sound childish, but that song describes exactly what I expect from a game like Titanfall. In a cool, metal kind of way. I know it will probably never happen to Gavin's work, but imo it's a shame and a missed chance. Really looking forward to this game, though!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
See I don't get that... they SHOULD have a GOOD single player mode... but they're trying to save money by appealing purely to the "COD Crowd" and the competitive shooter fan... which is annoying...

Also while Bioshock Infinite was indeed awesome (haven't played Last Light yet)...
Last Light is fifteen(ish) bucks through a Steam key seller, I thought it was the best FPS released last year. It's extremely linear and the plot isn't as complex or thought provoking as Infinite, but the environment as a whole is stunningly gorgeous and detailed. In gameplay terms it's much tighter and more involving than I found Infinite, plus nothing in any game last year matches the panic of getting a crack in your gas mask with a horribly innocuous 'bink' noise.

Actually scratch that, stepping on broken glass when trying to sneak past a guy with a flame thrower is just as horrifying.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
What's the logic here?

You aren't annoyed when a developer decides to not have multiplayer in their shooter (I assume). Better to not add it instead of making it bad right? After all why should a developer waste resources on some feature that they're only making because they feel obligated to?

You shouldn't be annoyed because some developer is more interested in making Team Fortress than Half-Life, not every game can be the game you want.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
loved the beta version. had tones of fun playing and it even pre ordered it from origin. nice trailer. makes me just want to play it now but i have to wait till the 14th.

oh, and nothing wrong with origin. had never a single problem with it.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Eldritch Warlord said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
What's the logic here?

You aren't annoyed when a developer decides to not have multiplayer in their shooter (I assume). Better to not add it instead of making it bad right? After all why should a developer waste resources on some feature that they're only making because they feel obligated to?

You shouldn't be annoyed because some developer is more interested in making Team Fortress than Half-Life, not every game can be the game you want.
You can definitely consider it more of a personal rant, I'm annoyed because all the Lore and Mechs and such of Titanfall looks cool... but I really suck at Competative Multiplayer and don't enjoy it all, hence odds of me playing it and having fun with it are very low.

As I mentioned previously as well I'm worried that more and more devs are going to be making "Team Fortress 2" instead of Half-life with Titanfalls success and the games I actually want to play are going to get less and less prevalent.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Charcharo said:
I was actually saying I really dont like Infinite... was overall weak for me. Good that you like it though.

But what if the devs dont want to or dont believe they can make a good Single player game? One times, people are complaining how everyone buys CoD and Battelfield for the multi player, yet they shoehorn a weak/not well implemented single player...
Now they are complaining for the opposite.
I am with you, I love single player games (STALKER, Metro, Half Life, System Shock, etc.) but what if they dont want to shoehorn a single player?

PS. This is nitpicking, but Call of Duty and battlefield are not even CLOSE to being as competitive as Counter Strike or WoT...
See that's what I don't understand... the game that made CoD a full on household name, Call of Duty 4, had a fantastic single player campaign and while Modern Warfare 2 had a dopier story it was still packed to the gills with great moments in its single player campaign. I really enjoyed playing both and will probably enjoy MW3 and Black Ops 1 & 2 whenever I end up picking them up, because while the overall narratives kinda suck... I'm a real sucker for spectacle and awesome set pieces.

I just feel like Respawn COULD include an excellent single player but they're raising their profit margin by making it a multiplayer only game... which wouldn't matter to me so much if I didn't love Giant Robots so much...

It's basically "I want to love Titanfall, but Titanfall hates me."

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
My current pick for GotY. And I hate CoD.

Fortunately they seem to have done away with almost everything I despised in CoD while throwing in piles of crazy awesome things. I'm so on...

PedroSteckecilo said:
Because the "Giant Fighting Robots" have the endurance of paper by my understanding... it's basically like a short term "Super Mode", you get a lot of powerful weapons but you're an easy target and you have a giant weak point on your back where an enemy pilot can kill you pretty easily...also every pilot starts play with an Anti-Titan Weapon...

So yeah... why ever get out? Because you're probably going to have to.
It's not that they're made of paper, it's that you can't regain health in a titan. Shields regen, but THOSE are made of paper, but the Titan's actual health does not. So, by sheer attrition, your titan is going to go belly up sooner or later.

They're still pretty durable if you know what you're doing though. But they won't last forever. And the new titan cooldown only starts after you lose your current titan.

Additionally, sometimes you really want to walk around. Respawn did a great job with the "normal" combat. Lots of movement and such. I for one often set my titan to AI and just kept running around. The permanent free running is just so damn fun.

WashAran said:
Can you actually counter melee attacks from a titan when siting in a titan?
Not in the Beta you couldn't. However the Beta was a small sample of the final product (we only had 1 Titan model for example), so it's entirely possible it'll exist in the final game.

Mar 26, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
Because the "Giant Fighting Robots" have the endurance of paper by my understanding... it's basically like a short term "Super Mode", you get a lot of powerful weapons but you're an easy target and you have a giant weak point on your back where an enemy pilot can kill you pretty easily...also every pilot starts play with an Anti-Titan Weapon...

So yeah... why ever get out? Because you're probably going to have to.
Starting off playing the Beta I would have agreed with you, but the better you get at the game the longer you can make your Titan last. It will inevitably get taken out but you can really get some mileage up on it first. I have had a Titan go an entire match but that was mainly because I set it to sentry mode near a hardpoint and it didn't see much action. If you operate as a "gang" of Titans you can really hammer the opposition hard, but isolated they can get into a bit of trouble. Thank God for electric fog.