Titanfall Gets Season Pass, Origin-Exclusive Digital DX Edition

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Titanfall Gets Season Pass, Origin-Exclusive Digital DX Edition

The Titanfal season pass will cost $25 and include three DLC packs for a saving of $5.

Respawn Entertainment has been kind of coy about a possible season pass for Titanfall, at first official Titanfall blog [https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/438795701900701697] has confirmed that the game will indeed have a season pass, that will compile all three of the game's planned DLC packs at a discount. It also announced an Origin-exclusive "Digital Deluxe" edition that combines the season pass with the main game at a further discount.

Get the Titanfall Season Pass and extend the fight on the Frontier with three new content packs. The Season Pass expands Titanfall by delivering all three planned content packs as soon as they become available at a one-time price of $24.99, a savings of $5

The PC-only Digital Deluxe edition of the game will set you back $79.99 - a further $5 discount on buying the season pass and the game separately. It doesn't appear to contain any other extras, and if you've already pre-ordered the base game on Origin, you can contact Origin support [http://help.ea.com/] and change your order to the Digital Deluxe edition.

Of course, Respawn stresses that the three planned DLC packs will also be available separately. It also said that purchasing the Season Pass for the Xbox 360 version of the game would not carry over to the Xbox One version, and to make sure you buy the right version.

This does suck a bit for those PC gamers who have already paid in full at an outlet other than Origin, but needless to say the price is still fairly reasonable. Respawn didn't specifically state what the packs would contains, but additional maps and weapons seem to be the norm for these sorts of games.

Source: Titanfall Blog [http://www.titanfall.com/news/season-pass-and-digital-deluxe]

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Ugh, and here I thought Respawn had enough sense (and influence) to not let EA's terrible business strategies infect them.

thatonedude11

Mar 6, 2011
I know a lot of people will be pissed off at this news, but I personally can live with 3 $10 DLCs or a 25$ season pass. I was really worried that it would be a $50 season pass, in which case I wouldn't even consider picking this game up.

Of course, I don't like season passes or map packs by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, I quit playing Battlefield 3 because it was keeping on pressuring me to lay down another $50 for maps that I didn't even want. I would rather they just released map packs for free and all, but I'm not dumb enough to believe that EA would do that. But at the end of the day, if the game is good and the DLC worth it, then it's not exactly the end of the world now, is it?

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I'm honestly not bothered by this, unlike BF3's £40 season pass this one seems more cheaper and affordable to me, even if I decide to buy one or two individually and Origin exclusive stuff is a no brainer given that on PC it's on Origin only there.

But I know people who aren't going to be buying the game are going to have such a field trip with this article and more to come, along with the rise of those inflated egos of "I told you so" even though this was to be expected by now.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Steven Bogos said:
This does suck a bit for those PC gamers who have already paid in full at an outlet other than Origin, but needless to say the price is still fairly reasonable.
Only if you live in North America. I can't speak for Europe of course, but if you live in Australia and buy anything direct from Origin that isn't over 50% off you're an idiot.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
I'm not upset at this news, but $5 off doesn't seem like a big enough discount to be worth gambling that the DLC will be any good. That's only my opinion of course, and as usual if someone is already willing to buy all of the map packs then I think the season pass is a good idea.

neppakyo

Apr 3, 2011
Ahh, the most overhyped game of the decade. Since it says EA on it, won't be touching it.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
They're... they're butchering it.
I'LL KILL THEM! I'LL KILL EVERY EA EXECUTIVE I FIND!
<youtube=YVhfXHIg5UQ>

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
I just don't think I understand the mentality of people who think map packs are remotely worth the askin price, because we all know that's exactly what those 3 dlc packs are. Map packs. Probably 3 maps a pop for probably 10 bucks each.

Breakin it down doesn't make the cost seem all that staggerin, $3.33 for a map you'll probably play a ton of, but considerin how little effort has to actually go in to these things its kinda depressin how well they sell.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
sigh....*shakes head and frowns*

Well there goes the hope that one game could escape EA unscathed. Oh well not like it really effects me, just won't be buying a season pass that's all. Not about to hand EA cash on the hope that they will give me something worth it down the line.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
That's it, a game without a campaign, at full price and now they're asking for MORE THAN FULL PRICE FOR HALF A GAME.

That's damn annoying. If it doesn't come down in price I doubt I'll pick this up. I still haven't bought Sim City and seeing as they don't seem to understand the lack of city size is a big issue I doubt I ever will.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
I am not sure about the dislike and saying how EA ruined the game considering Activision did the exact same thing with Call of Duty: Ghosts and that one cost $60 and 343 Games did it with Halo 4. I have no problem if you dislike Season Passes in general, but to be upset that EA ruined the game over this I don't quite understand.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
not really surprised. and it does sound reasonable compared to others. i have purchased few seasons passes and so far no regrets. i did it with bioshock, sanctum 2 and AC4. for me it was worth the money.
well, i have pre ordered the standard version. maybe i will get the SP as well.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I see no issue here at all. First, if you're at all interested in a multiplayer only online game, you're going to be interested in the map packs as well. Second, if you're not sure you'll still be playing the game long enough into the future to buy the season pass now, you're only saving $5 by buying the season pass so it's not going to break your bank to just buy the packs as they become available.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
StriderShinryu said:
I see no issue here at all. First, if you're at all interested in a multiplayer only online game, you're going to be interested in the map packs as well.
This must be a new train of thought for the younger generation of gamers which I feel sorry for you. It is that very attitude why EA and other publishers are so dead set on nickel and diming you to the very last penny.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
GAunderrated said:
StriderShinryu said:
I see no issue here at all. First, if you're at all interested in a multiplayer only online game, you're going to be interested in the map packs as well.
This must be a new train of thought for the younger generation of gamers which I feel sorry for you. It is that very attitude why EA and other publishers are so dead set on nickel and diming you to the very last penny.
You know what, you're totally right. I remember those good old days where I had to buy each iteration of Street Fighter 2 for my SNES at over $100 a pop because they added a little content and a couple of new characters. Though surely I'm somehow too young to remember any of that having not even been in my mother's womb yet at the time or something. That was totally a better arrangement than being able to invest a small amount over the course of a year to keep a game fresh when I know I'm likely to be playing it anyway. Or, you know, I could not buy the season pass at all and just play the included maps and content.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
StriderShinryu said:
GAunderrated said:
StriderShinryu said:
You know what, you're totally right. I remember those good old days where I had to buy each iteration of Street Fighter 2 for my SNES at over $100 a pop because they added a little content and a couple of new characters. Though surely I'm somehow too young to remember any of that having not even been in my mother's womb yet at the time or something. That was totally a better arrangement than being able to invest a small amount over the course of a year to keep a game fresh when I know I'm likely to be playing it anyway. Or, you know, I could not buy the season pass at all and just play the included maps and content.
Even then its not a good value. $60 for a game that only has a few years shelf life because its multiplayer only and relies on EA servers to be up where as you paid $100 for a game 20 years ago that you can still play the full version today if you kept it. Not sure why you can't see the difference in value while rationalizing getting screwed. lol

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
StriderShinryu said:
GAunderrated said:
StriderShinryu said:
Hey, hey, hey....hey ....At least Capcom learned their lesson right?
I mean they only put out how many versions of Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter 3 & 4 and rereleased Resident Evil 4 how many times? .....................Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, they haven't learned shit.

OT: I'm not a fan of DLC or map packs but, EA with DLC hasn't been that bad despite the raging, all the DLC for Mass Effect 2 and 3 have been rated really highly, Battlefield at least offers new weapons with new game modes along with map packs, yes now BF4 has a steep 40 dollar tag slapped on it but that's not exactly far off the DLC model other companies go for with DLC/Expansions...

I mean look at Borderlands 2, it's 10 bucks for a character ...when the game is 20 dollars itself. THere's probably over 60 dollars of DLC in the game. I mean how do people feel who bought Borderlands 2 for $60 then wound up buying all the DLC after? Especially after all the steam sales probably allowing for under $40 dollars for everything total.

This isn't defending EA here it's just, guys, take a look around this isn't new and it's not exclusive EA bullshit, it's what everyone else is doing. Given that they're doing 15 maps at launch, the map packs very well could be large themselves so- let's just see where this goes? I mean...HOPEFULLY they take the route of if one of your friends in a party has the DLC...you call can play it, that would be really, really, really good. Unlikely but Borderlands did it as well as a few others.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
true. ME2 had really amazing DLCs and worth the money. yes, some DLCs are expensive and suck but at times its also worth the money if you really pl;ay a lot and you want some new things.
i see this like for add ons back then. they werent cheap either and how many of them were actually good. now its just digital. nothing more.