Titanfall Producer: It Must Be Perfect To Fight Industry Stagnation

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Retrograde said:
Adeptus Aspartem said:
Remember Spore? Or Mirrors Edge? Or Rage?
I do. What I don't remember is those games making the rounds to conventions tens of thousands strong and making believers out of pretty much everyone who has actually played it.

What I also don't remember is there being a bandwagon of people effectively saying "FUCK THAT GAME ITS SHITTY I HATE SHOOTERS!!!!" because it was cool to do so.

Did I miss that, or did it just not happen?

Also, it's not just me saying it's brilliant, it's staff writers from sites great and small, bloggers, and many thousands of convention goers. And the "convention goers" part is what should be resonating here, because they are the precise opposite people to your average mainstream-game-only type of guy. They follow the industry closely, play a whole lot of games, and have passions outstripping the angry net "community" fuckwads that plague this place. And they love it in huge number. But fuck them, cod-loving frauds all of them, amirite?
More generalising and cop out arguments. Wow! You've got my vote... as the most repetitive poster here.

I want you to count all the entertainment that made people 'believers' before it was even released, to then be hardly mentioned anymore or completely swept under the rug. It's happened with so many movies and games in my life, those being praised as one of the greatest things, and I see this EVERY YEAR! I swear, it's like people need a quick fix for popularity.

I'm glad our realistic views upset you so much to throw out insults but no points over and over. Why are you even here if there so many other people you can talk to about how great everything new is? I have no doubt you'll banned very soon with the way you're carrying on.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Retrograde said:
Houseman said:
Retrograde said:
And it's a perfectly valid opinion to hold up to a point. That point is when someone who has been there speaks for himself and the thousands of others who have also been there and say it's incredible, much better than first impressions might appear.
Millions of people say that God does not exist. That doesn't mean that believing in God is not a valid opinion, right?

"X amount of people think the opposite of what that guy thinks, so that guy's opinion is invalid" is not very valid logic.
Brings up ridiculous and completely tenuous link to the obscene can of worms that is religion.

Then goes on about logic.

I honestly did get a chuckle out of your post here, good work.

That's almost as profound as the guy who likened slagging off an interactive experience you haven't interacted with to being unable to talk about death without having died.
It's only ridiculous to the really aggressive defensive opposition we apparently have here.

By the way, I find every one of your posts funny as. You never make a good point. You just ignore, repeat and insult. It's like your trying to get banned.

You know, you don't have to come here if you don't want to. You do have a choice to sign up to other websites where you can also spread your love for equality.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
saltyanon said:
What's this game's gimmick again? Mechs? Basically, tanks with legs. Didn't Blacklight already do that? Albeit not as tall. Why do gaming companies keep claiming "gaming innovation" when they really haven't?
You're right. Mechs aren't new. However, what I genuinely haven't seen before that Titanfall seems to be offering is such seamless transition between mech and on foot combat controlled entirely by the player. Lots of games have mech sections, and some are even based entirely around riding in one, but I've never seen it done the way Titanfall seems to be doing it.

As others have said though, I don't really care if not all of their ideas are brand new, so long as they od what they do to a really high standard.

saltyanon

Sep 18, 2013
TerribleAssassin said:
saltyanon said:
What's this game's gimmick again? Mechs? Basically, tanks with legs. Didn't Blacklight already do that? Albeit not as tall. Why do gaming companies keep claiming "gaming innovation" when they really haven't?
It's got Jetpacks bro, no one's ever done Jetpacks ever.
And Parkour, Parkour in an FPS is pretty new.
In FPS's or in gaming in general? Either way incorrect. People in the thread have already given examples. Also, double jumping and wall-running aren't exactly the focus of Parkour.

NinjaDeathSlap said:
saltyanon said:
You're right. Mechs aren't new. However, what I genuinely haven't seen before that Titanfall seems to be offering is such seamless transition between mech and on foot combat controlled entirely by the player. Lots of games have mech sections, and some are even based entirely around riding in one, but I've never seen it done the way Titanfall seems to be doing it.

As others have said though, I don't really care if not all of their ideas are brand new, so long as they od what they do to a really high standard.
All I've ever cared about is how they presented their game. It's basically the same reaction I had to when CoD devs flaunted their super cool awesome fish physics/AI where THE FISH AVOID YOU IF YOU SWIM NEAR THEM! How revolutionary! How innovative!

Now if they avoided the crappy modern military shooter aesthetics and themes, and presented their game as bringing back the age of sci-fi twitch shooters, I wouldn't have had a problem. Trying to directly compete with CoD never works.

Retrograde said:
saltyanon said:
I suggest you brush up on your writing lessons if you don't even understand the concept I'm pointing out. I'm not surprised you're already exhausted if you can't even understand such a simple concept.

Just because something is simple doesn't mean it's good. That's a terrible point and I'm not even going to touch it. If you wish to register that as a "win" be my guest.
You claim it's a terrible point yet do not expound. Cool.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
I don't think it will be 'refreshing' to anything. At best it will be a polished multiplayer game with jetpacks, mechs and platforming. At best it will be an extremely polished, fun, multiplayer game but it won't be refreshing. We have a lot of polished shooters already so one more won't turn the entire industry around.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Retrograde said:
I do. What I don't remember is those games making the rounds to conventions tens of thousands strong and making believers out of pretty much everyone who has actually played it.

What I also don't remember is there being a bandwagon of people effectively saying "FUCK THAT GAME ITS SHITTY I HATE SHOOTERS!!!!" because it was cool to do so.

Did I miss that, or did it just not happen?

Also, it's not just me saying it's brilliant, it's staff writers from sites great and small, bloggers, and many thousands of convention goers. And the "convention goers" part is what should be resonating here, because they are the precise opposite people to your average mainstream-game-only type of guy. They follow the industry closely, play a whole lot of games, and have passions outstripping the angry net "community" fuckwads that plague this place. And they love it in huge number. But fuck them, cod-loving frauds all of them, amirite?
The Point

Your Head.

Also you're still appeal to popularity and added appeal to authority on top of it. Still means jack shit. Spore was all over the place and people were going apeshit about it - it was one of the few times the hype even affected me and in the end it was a pretty huge let down.

That's all im saying: Hype does not mean a i will like the game. Popularity doesnt mean i will like the game. Some random internet-authority on games saying "its awesome" does not mean i will like the game.

If you don't get this point after the umphtiest time someone explains it to you, then you must be either willfully ignorant or have a density of black hole.