Titanfall's New Game Modes Will be Free For All Players

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Titanfall's New Game Modes Will be Free For All Players

You won't have to pay a cent for any new game modes Respawn adds to Titanfall.

We know that there will be a Twitter [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132707-Titanfall-Gets-Season-Pass-Origin-Exclusive-Digital-DX-Edition] that any new game modes that are added to the game will be free for all players, and won't be paid DLC

"We want new modes in the next big update, not DLC," said a fan on Twitter, to which Zampella replied "Modes we release will be free to all, not part of DLC." That's certainly eased our minds a little, as too often DLC packs have a habit of "fracturing" the community, by disallowing players without the DLC to play certain game modes with players who do.

Zampella also said that the game's first DLC is already "in the works," but added that it is not quite done yet, and doesn't have an official release date. He confirmed that it would be included in the Season Pass, or be sold separately for $10.

Since there won't be new game modes in the DLC, we can probably assume it will contain new maps, weapons, and titans. How this will work for people who don't have the DLC is not known, but in similar games such as Battlefield 4, DLC owners and non-DLC owners can still play together on non-DLC maps, even while using DLC weapons. Hopefully Titanfall uses a similar system.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/448570645001953280]

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
DLC weapons...... a disgusting practice.

While it's nice they aren't going to fist you for money for game modes, I still find the concept for charging for stuff that can affect gameplay to be vile and right up EA's alley.

frobalt

Jan 2, 2012
Since there won't be new game modes in the DLC, we can probably assume it will contain new maps, weapons, and titans.
We can't assume it's new titans since devs have said they won't do titans due to how much effort they require to balance.

A quick google search for 'Titanfall DLC' reveals this pretty quickly.

The IGN article [http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/14/titanfall-dev-talks-new-titans-narrative-and-monster-dlc] in question does mention something about potentially adding monsters in, however.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
snekadid said:

While it's nice they aren't going to fist you for money for game modes, I still find the concept for charging for stuff that can affect gameplay to be vile and right up EA's alley.
OP says that we can only assume that it is maps, weapons, etc. It's just an assumption for now. Let's not lose our shit for something that this writer is only speculating.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
If its maps I dont mind, weapons however its a bit tricky as being killed by someone with a weapon I cant use unless I pay for it does leave a sour taste.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
josemlopes said:
If its maps I dont mind, weapons however its a bit tricky as being killed by someone with a weapon I cant use unless I pay for it does leave a sour taste.
Unless it's overpowered, I don't see the problem. As long as Respawn maintains the weapon balance, I'm still probably only going to use the starting assault rifle. And if they don't and release overpowered weapons as DLC, then I'm going to stop playing their game altogether.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
I'm working under the assumption that the DLC will only be new maps, possibly with a new campaign as well.

The headline is somewhat confusing, it makes it sound like Respawn is adding a Free-for-All mode to Titanfall.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
josemlopes said:
Adding one gun or two in the game via DLC doesn't seem too bad to me. Shouldn't be a whole alternative load out, of course.

Eldritch Warlord said:
The headline is somewhat confusing, it makes it sound like Respawn is adding a Free-for-All mode to Titanfall.
My thoughts. Maybe one shouldn't put capital letters on half the title and write "Free For All Players" and instead write "free for all players" like it SHOULD be, anyway. Alternative "free to all players"

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Bindal said:
My thoughts. Maybe one shouldn't put capital letters on half the title and write "Free For All Players" and instead write "free for all players" like it SHOULD be, anyway. Alternative "free to all players"
Or even as simple as:

Titanfall's New Game Modes Will be Free

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Considering EA is involved I'm impressed they are going to do even that. Maps and weapons may be another thing however.

Citizen Graves

Jul 19, 2011
snekadid said:

Unfortunately it is what some people want. The TitanFall forums are regularly visited by fools who demand DLC weapons. It is really, really sad.

One can only hope that these people are not being listened to.

In any case, I will wait until the first DLC pack gets released before I decide whether or not I'll buy a season pass for this game.