Titans Live Action series is gonna come out on Netflix?!

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015

Say what will of the show, but what the fuck happened here? I thought this show was gonna spearhead DC's new Streaming Service of only DC related content so I assume this series would be exclusive to it.

But nope its coming to Netflix.

...Now if only HBO swallows their pride and adds their content to Netflix.

Sorry if I had nothing to say about the new Trailer itself and what it showed, I am just more surprised about this coming to Netflix and what that says about the state of Steaming services.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I actually like Teen Titans GO, but uh...

'I guess now Teen Titans GO wont be the worst thing to happen to Teen Titans'

Everything about this show looks like trash.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
You know Gotham and how it manages to combine a noir inspired, gothic artstyle with corny comic book absurdity in a way that's not only self aware and creative, paying tribute to West, Burton, Timm and many other creators who've but their stamp on the Batman mythos, but also continously engaging, clever and emotionally resonant, making it one of the most worthwhile adaptations of Batman ever put to television?

This looks like it's gonna be nothing like that.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Its exclusive to the app/streaming thingy in the us, netflix everywhere else. Kind of like How Star Trek: Discovery was only on a specific channel/streaming doodad in america, netflix everywhere else.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
...Now if only HBO swallows their pride and adds their content to Netflix.
Why would they? It's far more profitable to have their own service.

bastardofmelbourne said:
It doesn't bother me much, because it looks fairly awful.
Agreed

Windknight said:
Its exclusive to the app/streaming thingy in the us, netflix everywhere else. Kind of like How Star Trek: Discovery was only on a specific channel/streaming doodad in america, netflix everywhere else.
Excuse me, I'll have you know we Canadians got to watch Star Trek Discovery on Space, our equivalent to SyFy, as well as CraveTV, a streaming service owned by the same company as Space. Not that anyone should want to given it's Star Trek Discovery, but the option was there and 2 million of us watched the first episode on CTV apparently.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Palindromemordnilap said:
Is DC's stream service America only?
It's currently only available in the US, though the site indicates that may change (not holding my breath though).

PsychedelicDiamond said:
You know Gotham and how it manages to combine a noir inspired, gothic artstyle with corny comic book absurdity in a way that's not only self aware and creative, paying tribute to West, Burton, Timm and many other creators who've but their stamp on the Batman mythos, but also continously engaging, clever and emotionally resonant, making it one of the most worthwhile adaptations of Batman ever put to television?
Um, no?

I've only seen the first season of Gotham, and while I liked it, I see/saw it as more a standard detective show that happens to have Batman more than anything else.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Hawki said:
Um, no?

I've only seen the first season of Gotham, and while I liked it, I see/saw it as more a standard detective show that happens to have Batman more than anything else.
The first season is a bit weak. Stay with it.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
I just can't get over than they look like they dressed out of the same thrift store as The Creeper in Batman TAS.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Natemans said:
Is it sad I'm kinda interested in it? Not hyped or excited, but interested.
Trainwrecks are usually interesting to watch.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:
Natemans said:
I am merely curious how they are gonna play this out, because I doubt its gonna be Emo edge 100% of the time, given what we saw so far with Beast Boy and Jason Todd (Yeah spoiler, he's in this show and he's actually NICE?!)

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
Hawki said:
Natemans said:
I am merely curious how they are gonna play this out, because I doubt its gonna be Emo edge 100% of the time, given what we saw so far with Beast Boy and Jason Todd (Yeah spoiler, he's in this show and he's actually NICE?!)
I saw a clip recently and Beast Boy acting goofy a little.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Any one catch the first episode?

It's not absolute hot garbage. It could be okay. It might even be... Dare I say... Good.
If you look at it as isolated from its source material, this would be above par compared to the CW shows.

Granted, this would be an awful Teen Titans adaptation.
Robin and Starfire appear to be psychopaths.
Beastboy, for the one scene he's in, is just a stupid petty criminal.
Raven... I don't know what they're trying to do with her.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
madwarper said:
Any one catch the first episode?

It's not absolute hot garbage. It could be okay. It might even be... Dare I say... Good.
If you look at it as isolated from its source material, this would be above par compared to the CW shows.

Granted, this would be an awful Teen Titans adaptation.
Robin and Starfire appear to be psychopaths.
Beastboy, for the one scene he's in, is just a stupid petty criminal.
Raven... I don't know what they're trying to do with her.
It's a lot closer to the source material than many people realize.

Beast Boy is an orphan trying to survive since he doesn't have a cushy mansion. Dick having anger issues and Kory using lethal force are from the comics. And I honestly don't see how they deviated that much from Raven.

These criticisms seem to be based on the show not being like the 2003 cartoon which itself took far more liberties than this show appears to be going with.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Agent_Z said:
You're trying to get me to believe that Dick Grayson straight up murders people?

This would have worked if they simply shifted every Robin up one.

ie. Dick Grayson is already Nightwing, Jason Todd is in the alley scene murdering the thugs, Tim Drake is in the elevator scene geeking out.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
madwarper said:
Agent_Z said:
You're trying to get me to believe that Dick Grayson straight up murders people?

This would have worked if they simply shifted every Robin up one.

ie. Dick Grayson is already Nightwing, Jason Todd is in the alley scene murdering the thugs, Tim Drake is in the elevator scene geeking out.
Dick doesn't kill anybody in the episode. He brutally beats them up which is no different than how superheroes tend to act.