To anyone who has 'lost their faith in humanity'

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
So, judging from the reaction to admittedly tragic and saddening news stories, there seems to be a large contingent of such people. My question is this: What would it take, hypothetically, to restore it?

Personally, I'll never completely lose faith as long as Valve Software continues to exist, but wholly restoring it would require Justice and Daft Punk together in concert combining and mixing up their respective songs into an aural pastiche of awesome.

So, your opinions?

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
If I had lost my faith in humanity, it would take a huge thing to make up for it. SO let's talk about anonymous right, you know the morons who think that free-speech is actually a thing and hide behind the false anonymity from the internet yet still get caught. Well let's talk about them being douche bags to a lot of people and making death threats and the such. To restore my faith in humanity after that would either the jester who is attacking these douche bags or some sort of cure for a bad thing like cancer/aids/all STDs.

The Blue Mongoose

Jul 12, 2008
So long as I have faith in myself, I have faith in humanity. I believe I am a good person. I can't be the only one out there.

Kiba The Wolf

Aug 7, 2009
To restore my faith, I would need to become a vigilante like the Punisher. So, I could kick ass and bring "Justice" against people who have done wrong

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
The only thing that could make me lose my faith in humanity would be an apocalypse brought on through human actions. But even then I might only lose my faith in governments rather than the entirety of humanity. It would take a lot for me to lose my faith in humanity. Unlike other people, it's not a term I throw around lightly.

So it's hard for me to answer this question given I can't imagine losing my faith in the first place.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
When teachers are considered worthy of earning thirty million dollars a year, and "sports stars" get to play games for thirty grand... that would be a nice step towards restoring my faith in humanity.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I want to punch anyone who does say it. It ranks up there with "lol, glen beck it teh shitz" on the annoying scale.

OT: Ummm.... if people spend less on advertisement and more on education.

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
The only thing that could make me lose my faith in humanity would be an apocalypse brought on through human actions. But even then I might only lose my faith in governments rather than the entirety of humanity. It would take a lot for me to lose my faith in humanity. Unlike other people, it's not a term I throw around lightly.

So it's hard for me to answer this question given I can't imagine losing my faith in the first place.
^Agreed

Losing faith in humanity is quite a huge thing to say, it can be saying that you lost faith in yourself too. There will always be good and bad out there. Which makes me realise this, I dont think Ive ever said "I lost faith in humanity" ever...

Anyway, Happy New Year to all escapists.

TWRule

Dec 3, 2010
I haven't lost any such faith, but I'd say a strong work of art or one genuine act of kindness/meaningful exchange between me and someone else would be sufficient; basically anything that reminds me of human empathy.

theamazingbean

Dec 29, 2009
What is it that is meant by the phrase "faith in humanity"? Is it similar to "faith that most people have viewpoints similar to mine and will take action to support those viewpoints"?

Freshman

Jan 8, 2010
Not a damn thing. but a good start would be to euthanize every politician on earth.

gunheads

Sep 6, 2010
I lost faith in us years ago, America is to blame for this, Not the geographical country, The people that inhabit it. And no not all of you, just 95% with there religious fundamentalism and down right ass-hatter'y with politics world relations and attitudes to everything. One thing that tipped me over was a man promoting "National burn a quran day"

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Anyone who claims to have lost their faith in humanity without a genuinely good reason is an idiot.

scatmanfan

Dec 31, 2008
spartan1077 said:
If I had lost my faith in humanity, it would take a huge thing to make up for it. SO let's talk about anonymous right, you know the morons who think that free-speech is actually a thing and hide behind the false anonymity from the internet yet still get caught. Well let's talk about them being douche bags to a lot of people and making death threats and the such. To restore my faith in humanity after that would either the jester who is attacking these douche bags or some sort of cure for a bad thing like cancer/aids/all STDs.
Wait...are you saying that you are in support of Anonymous, or against it?

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
gunheads said:
I lost faith in us years ago, America is to blame for this, Not the geographical country, The people that inhabit it. And no not all of you, just 95% with there religious fundamentalism and down right ass-hatter'y with politics world relations and attitudes to everything. One thing that tipped me over was a man promoting "National burn a quran day"
Please, don't judge us all based on that guy. Even Glenn Beck, king of the Fucktards, hates that guy.