To Catch an iPhone Thief

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Well personally I think it's just plain awesome, if only because I hate thieves of all stripes (except '20s bank robbers they're awesome) and it's cool the guy made the thief's life a living hell.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Thats awesome. But sadly i think the theif will just blank him out.
Read the full story, it's worth it.

This is pretty awesome, didn't know I could do stuff like this, makes me want to get a smart phone, then get it stolen, then stalk the thief myself.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Now thats great

Goes to show if your smart enough, resourceful enough and have right tech...heh

Dan-o-mite

Jul 8, 2008
Great story, though it's a shame the thief didn't get arrested. He'll probably do it again, but smarter next time. Had he just turned off the phone (and not used it to call his relatives), he probably would have gotten away with it. Regardless, the guy deserves props for getting what's his.

And to the people saying it's too much effort for a phone, keep in mind it is a $700 dollar phone...

EDIT: Typo

Notsomuch

Apr 22, 2009
This sounds a lot like the plot to The Count of Monte Cristo. Except instead of stealing his wife, his kids, his entire life, and sending him to jail. The guy took his phone. Not that I blame the guy who's tracing the phone down. I hope he finds the vengeance he is looking for!

jpakaferrari

Nov 9, 2009
Yeah as a smartphone owner myself I would never want to steal some one elses smartphone unless I knew exactly how to disable all of the major tracking features etc. beforehand. What a moron, and good show on catching the guy.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
That was an epic story of loss and an obsession to get it back. Really the kind of stuff this guy did was morally questionable at best, but still, since he had been robbed, it did give him the right to do it. I salute him for his stalking ability.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Who the hell is this guy? Jason Bourne?
But still, I commend his efforts

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Thats awesome. But sadly i think the theif will just blank him out.
you didnt read the thing?, at the end he is holding the iphone

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
Sounds like Taken, only they stole Liam Neesons phone instead of his Daughter.

Now that would have been an epic film.

MrPop

May 14, 2009
I love the quotes from him.

Sounds hilariously badass even if it is someone trying to track a phone.

Sounds like the lines you'd hear from John McClane (Die Hard).

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
I've always wondered about that.Ok you track down the phone, what are you going to do? Go an politely ask to give it back? Or call the police and convince them to get a search warrant?
I should read the full story...

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
That is some scary badassery right there. I mean, holy cow... I'm not sure if his adventure was entirely legal, but hey, he got robbed, so it turns out that two wrongs make a right.