Today Only: Call of Duty: Ghosts Gets a Price Cut on the Xbox 360

Josh Engen

Aug 19, 2013
Today Only: Call of Duty: Ghosts Gets a Price Cut on the Xbox 360

At first it might seem like Australians are getting the royal treatment, what with their 40 percent discount, but purchasing a videogame in Australia is often ridiculously expensive. So, they probably deserve the extra savings. No matter where you live, though, you can expect to save at least 25 percent on your purchase.

The discount only applies to purchases made on the Xbox Games Store, which means that Sony customers are out of luck. Plus, Xbox One owners will have to pay full price.

Source: Major Nelson [http://majornelson.com/2013/12/30/countdown-to-2014-daily-deal-day-15-call-of-duty-ghosts/]

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
Best post I ever seen about this game was as to why it was called 'Ghosts'. Someone surmised it was because the COD series died with this one.

OT: They could lower it to 70% off, still won't make it a good game.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Hey, at least Australia is getting the best deal for once. Too bad it's only one day for a game that's staler than a truck stop restroom vending machine sandwich.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
So it's currently £35 on the MS store. A full £7 more than the same game for the 360 on Amazon. Almost £10 more than on the steam sale. A whopping £15 more than a steam key from a re-seller.

Pull the other one Microsoft. This is more than the non-sale price on Amazon for fuck's sake. 90% of stuff in the MS store is crazy overpriced in the UK, often £10-£15 more than physical copies at release. And it only gets worse over time.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Hairless Mammoth said:
Hey, at least Australia is getting the best deal for once. Too bad it's only one day for a game that's staler than a truck stop restroom vending machine sandwich.
I just checked the store (through their website on my computer) and it said the price was $60 bucks, didn't say if it was discounted or not though. However, our games usually cost $100 AUD, so I would hazard a guess that it's the price after the discount. And at today's exchange rate, we'd pay $53.49 USD on the game. We save a whopping $6.50. USD compared tot he standard US price. US gets $15 off, buying it at $45 USD. We always get screwed one way or another.

Unless of course the digital price I found is BEFORE the discount, in which case I'm completely wrong and everything I said should be ignored.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Hairless Mammoth said:
I just checked the store (through their website on my computer) and it said the price was $60 bucks, didn't say if it was discounted or not though. However, our games usually cost $100 AUD, so I would hazard a guess that it's the price after the discount. And at today's exchange rate, we'd pay $53.49 USD on the game. We save a whopping $6.50. USD compared tot he standard US price. US gets $15 off, buying it at $45 USD. We always get screwed one way or another.

Unless of course the digital price I found is BEFORE the discount, in which case I'm completely wrong and everything I said should be ignored.
It looks like you're right. I looked at both sites just now and the prices are at $45 USD and $60 AUD. They would give you guys a one day sale and say "here, you get to pay what the Americans do while they get an even better deal." I'd bet the most vocal opponents of the original xbone DRM were from markets like yours where importing or buying used after prices start dropping is the only way to afford keeping up with new releases. This whole regional pricing/licensing thing needs to die before anyone even thinks of trying that again.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
TheEvilCheese said:
So it's currently £35 on the MS store. A full £7 more than the same game for the 360 on Amazon. Almost £10 more than on the steam sale. A whopping £15 more than a steam key from a re-seller.
The numbers aren't the same, but there's a similar issue with the US prices, too. I had been seeing 40 dollar prices a lot of places, but the big deal from Microsoft is that you can pay five dollars more for a digital version of the game.

Then again, they have ALWAYS sucked on DD for the Xbox platforms. Seem other countries get it worse, but it's still the same nonsense.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Steam has had numerous games for 80% off for ages now, and CoD: Ghosts gets a pitiful 30% price cut and that's news?

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I hope that Australia Only also includes New Zealand. Their prices are even higher than ours. Wouldn't be fair if they only got 25% off.
Then again, anybody waiting until after Christmas to buy CoD would be happy...

Josh Engen said:
Xbox One owners will have to pay full price.
...Unless they got a brand new shiny Xbox One.

Denamic said:
Steam has had numerous games for 80% off for ages now, and CoD: Ghosts gets a pitiful 30% price cut and that's news?
I say it is. Who'd think Microsoft and Activision would allow a sale such like this? With Valve, it's expected. :p[footnote]The ASCII face means I'm behaving jovially. Please don't take destroy my jovialness/joviality.[/footnote]

Petwins

Jun 8, 2011
I traded in a 5 dollar copy of end war for this game at best buy, I'd like my end war back