Todd Howard called out for blowing off PS3 owners.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Gaming site GameGazette.net has called out Todd Howard for blowing off all the PS3 owners:
http://www.gamegazette.net/?p=151

They have some good questions that I want answered too:
* Why are you not giving a reason for not giving the Playstation 3 at least a patch to continue people?s quests after the ending of the game without even a reason?
* If you didn?t plan on supporting the PS3 version with DLC, then why did you release Fallout 3 on the system to begin with?
* Because some gamers suspect it, you should be asked this: Did Microsoft offer you money, for any given purpose, and did you accept, in order to make sure only their approved platforms (360 and the PC) were able to be given this sort of support, and if so, what was your reason for accepting?
* What do you want to say to Playstation 3 owners of Fallout 3 that feel cheated by this decision?
* Does ?not at this time, no? mean that you might be planning on releasing such a patch and/or DLC at a later date? Why or why not?

Personally I didn't really care about the DLC (not being real impressed by the quests included in the original game) but I was pissed when he said that the PS3 wasn't going to be patched to fix the ending. Any inquiry to them gets the response that the PS3 will receive no further support at all. So they decided that they're just going to patch the relatively entertaining glitches but not the game freezing that cases my ps3 to require a hard shut down. I expected crappy support after playing Oblivion on the PS3 but this is abandonment.

Feb 13, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
Gaming site GameGazette.net has called out Todd Howard for blowing off all the PS3 owners:
Oh, I really hope you're not English, or you'd be in hysterics by now.

Quick hint: You've just implied he is engaging in oral fornication.

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
GonzoGamer said:

For oral fornication one would actually say "sucking off" or at least that how it is in America.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Good, its about time someone finally asked what the f*ck he was thinking.
The game was hardly ready to be released with that many bugs, obviously he isn't really bothered with the PS3 or he would have ensured that we got a solid finished version.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
GonzoGamer said:

I laughed when I saw it too :)

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Well the DLC is exclusive to 360 / PC - thats kind of the point.

"If you didn't plan on supporting the PS3 version with DLC, then why did you release Fallout 3 on the system to begin with?"
Be grateful for what you have...

"Why are you not giving a reason for not giving the Playstation 3 at least a patch to continue people's quests after the ending of the game without even a reason?"
Possibly because all further DLC is exclusive to Microsoft, and therefore the "real" ending of the game is the real ending of the PS3 version.

"Because some gamers suspect it, you should be asked this: Did Microsoft offer you money, for any given purpose, and did you accept, in order to make sure only their approved platforms (360 and the PC) were able to be given this sort of support, and if so, what was your reason for accepting?"
People suspect anything if its in their best interests. Face it, the cold fact is Bethesda stand to lose money patching a PS3 version - they don't get anything out of it as you won't be buying DLC.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Optimus Prime said:
Being a 360 owner I want to feel as if this is unfair (which it is) but I see it as Karma saying 'here you go' as I can't get MGS4
Well, your a bit off because, if we're using your logic. Xbox owes us, because you have more exclusives.

AhhARealMonster

Feb 4, 2009
Howard: "Cuz the PS3 doesn't have 'nough games like the super cool mature Xbawks where you can POW POW SHOOT OFF THEM GUYZ HEADS AND SEE 'SPLOSIONS! LOLCARNAGE! Plus MGS has too much wordage and I can't understands them and he's old and not enough bloom and I can't put in my XBOXLIVE friends and Halo. PS3 SUX!"

Actual quote.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
D_987 said:
Well the DLC is exclusive to 360 / PC - thats kind of the point.

"If you didn't plan on supporting the PS3 version with DLC, then why did you release Fallout 3 on the system to begin with?"
Be grateful for what you have...

"Why are you not giving a reason for not giving the Playstation 3 at least a patch to continue people's quests after the ending of the game without even a reason?"
Possibly because all further DLC is exclusive to Microsoft, and therefore the "real" ending of the game is the real ending of the PS3 version.

"Because some gamers suspect it, you should be asked this: Did Microsoft offer you money, for any given purpose, and did you accept, in order to make sure only their approved platforms (360 and the PC) were able to be given this sort of support, and if so, what was your reason for accepting?"
People suspect anything if its in their best interests. Face it, the cold fact is Bethesda stand to lose money patching a PS3 version - they don't get anything out of it as you won't be buying DLC.
Since we're both biased, and we've bucked heads before, I'm merely going to say, "If you release it, They will buy."

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
Bethesda said from the get-go that Fallout 3 for the PS3 would not get any DLC... it's not like it was some big secret that they waited until launch to spring upon the PS3 owners... these people are just whining and need to grow up...

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Optimus Prime said:
Being a 360 owner I want to feel as if this is unfair (which it is) but I see it as Karma saying 'here you go' as I can't get MGS4

Except you can't get MGS4 for 360, so there' no support issue to be abandoning those customers over. With Fallout 3, they DID release it on PS3 and are now declaring those customers 2nd class. It;s not the same thing at all and using MGS4 as an excuse to not see this as wrong smacks of intellectual dishonesty. With all due respect, of course.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
AhhARealMonster said:
Howard: "Cuz the PS3 doesn't have 'nough games like the super cool mature Xbawks where you can POW POW SHOOT OFF THEM GUYZ HEADS AND SEE 'SPLOSIONS! LOLCARNAGE! Plus MGS has too much wordage and I can't understands them and he's old and not enough bloom and I can't put in my XBOXLIVE friends and Halo. PS3 SUX!"

Actual quote.
Your sarcasm is neither funny nor amusing...

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
* If you didn?t plan on supporting the PS3 version with DLC, then why did you release Fallout 3 on the system to begin with?
Isn't the answer to that one obvious?

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
That's cheap. I have a 360, but still why not port it over to the PS3. It's just a dick move to people in their market who prefer Sony/wanted a Blu-ray player, and for no good reason.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Optimus Prime said:
Not really, MGS4 is the equivalent to many xBox 360 exclusives. Also we DID give you GTA4, which at this time, I am unsure if we should apologize about or not.

AhhARealMonster

Feb 4, 2009
D_987 said:
AhhARealMonster said:

Actual quote.
Your sarcasm is neither funny nor amusing...
That's not sarcasm.