Tomb Raider Franchise Going Forward...

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Also, other than the first three Tomb Raiders
First three? Come now. The Final Revelation had more literal tomb raiding than the first three combined. Plus, you know, the setting of deserts and ancient Egyptian catacombs/temples etc is just completely awesome.

OP: Eh, I haven't played the new one, in fact I haven't played any Tomb Raider since Revelation. The reason being, from what I've seen, they've became way to combat focused, possibly due to those terrible Angelina Jolie movies. The original games had a lot of shooting, sure, but they also had a lot of exploration and mystery in the setting. Also, a great many of the enemies were animals or, in some of the more mythic scenes, unknown creatures. The actual firefights were more spread out and memorable, such as the guy who ambushed you near the waterfall in the first game, or that awesome train battle in Revelation. From what I've seen of the new game, it's just constant gunfire and massacre in a jungle/temple setting. I may be wrong, that in the age of shooting supremacy it may be all they're showing in the preview videos, but it ain't a good look for me.

Cpt. Lozan

Feb 28, 2013
Brain blast:

How about Tomb Raider goes all 90's Final Fantasy and gets a whole new everything for each game. That way, the protagonists and supporting cast can have deep, meaningful development, which is at the same time unique to the circumstances there in without trying to shoe horn parts of the older games that might weigh the newer ones down. Best part, if you want to recycle elements, you still can! Best of both worlds.

I'll take my check now Square Eni.....

Wait

wut.