Tony Hawk Pissed About TH: Ride Reviews

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Well now! Sounds like Tony Hawk just needs a good hug and someone to cry into.

But it won't be me! He made the game, he must live with the pain!

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Vlane said:
HUBILUB said:
Just prefect, first Marc Ecko calls us all nerds with no life and blames the ps2 for the game he made that sucked, and now Tony Hawk is going to claim that everyone except him is wrong.
Wow, wow, wow hold on there for a second. Mark Ecko's game (I hope you are talking about Getting Up) didn?t suck at all. In fact I thought it was great, hell even Yahtzee likes it.

But at least now I know what I'm not going to buy my brother for christmas (he said he wanted it but later bought DJ Hero).
It got shitty reviews (and I didn't like it, and I'm pretty sure Yahtzee said he didn't like it) and Mark Ecko was pissed because of it.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
HUBILUB said:
Vlane said:
HUBILUB said:
Just prefect, first Marc Ecko calls us all nerds with no life and blames the ps2 for the game he made that sucked, and now Tony Hawk is going to claim that everyone except him is wrong.
Wow, wow, wow hold on there for a second. Mark Ecko's game (I hope you are talking about Getting Up) didn’t suck at all. In fact I thought it was great, hell even Yahtzee likes it.

But at least now I know what I'm not going to buy my brother for christmas (he said he wanted it but later bought DJ Hero).
It got shitty reviews (and I didn't like it, and I'm pretty sure Yahtzee said he didn't like it) and Mark Ecko was pissed because of it.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/175-Ninja-Gaiden-2

0:31

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Vlane said:
HUBILUB said:
Vlane said:
HUBILUB said:
Wow, wow, wow hold on there for a second. Mark Ecko's game (I hope you are talking about Getting Up) didn’t suck at all. In fact I thought it was great, hell even Yahtzee likes it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/175-Ninja-Gaiden-2

0:31
He is being sarcastic.

Kushan101

Apr 28, 2009
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but people play skating games for one of two reasons:
1. They can't skate.
2. They can't skate.

Now I realise that is technically only one flaw but I thought it was a such a big one that it was worth mentioning twice.
I do sincerly hope I'm not the only one who got that reference to one of the finest comedies to grace this planet.

It seems like a natural reaction to me: If something you spent a lot of time and effort on is universally condemned as "arse", you'll be angry. He probably shouldn't have gone the Uwe Boll way and maybe just kept quiet about it, then again, he is getting free publicity for the game in speaking out about it.

simplybushido

Aug 10, 2009
Tony, listen. I'm a fan of yours, have been for years. But listen to me and listen good. You may wanna sit for this. Ready? Ok, here it comes:
Your games really stopped being fun around "Pro Skater 3". "Underground" was ok, but we all noticed that all the games were really just the same. And with "RIDE", for you, it's taking 1 step forward and about 36.5 steps back. And with you speaking out against reviewers: Reviewers REVIEW games. That means that they call games as they see them. You like the game, and that's all well and good. But not everyone shares those thoughts. I believe SaintWaldo said it best,
SaintWaldo said:
Here's a big cup of STFU for Tony.
and I add a double shot to that.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
the only good skating game is disneys extreme skating adventure. Quit trying now. Good day.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Normal person: Gee, this peripheral is really hard to use.

Pro Skateboarder: What, no it's not. It's just like performing tricks on a real skateboard!

Do you see the problem here? It'd be like Ringo Starr telling people who thought that it was too hard to play the drums on Expert in Beatles Rock Band that they don't know what they're talking about.
Fair point there, but like guitar hero, it is somewhat simplified. For example, to do an olly you only have to kick up one end of the skateboard rather than both, and to do grabs you just need to hold your hand near the particular sensor. (For the record, my brother got it for Christmas, I just tried it out, and I agree that it wasn't the best game we got that Christmas. Or this year, actually.)

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Of course Tony would like it, it's his franchise. Compared to his controller dedicated versions, the courses are unimaginative and way too simplistic.