Too easy (Deus Ex Human Revolution)

Michael Brunson

Jun 4, 2011
So I'm playing through Deus Ex Human Revolution, and I get to the part where you have to wait for the funicular. I start thinking I should prep the battle ground. I first hacked the Turret to fire on enemies. then I noticed that there were two vending machines on this level so I moved one to the large entrance and reinforced it with some extra crates then I put the other on the outer side of the regular sized door and closed it. I then laid the mines provided near each entrance. I called the Funicular and went up to the balcony. Lo and behold I did not have to fire a single shot and only one of my mines had to go off. I just felt like sharing that to anyone who gets stuck there and was curious if anyone else found any ingenious ways to get past parts.

P.S. I'm playing on the "Give me Deus Ex." difficulty.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Did you read that in the review on this website? Because I'm pretty sure he did the exact same thing at that point.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
I just did the funicular too. Except I just waited in the vent until it reached the floor then cloaked and ran inside.

Edit: No shots fired or mines or turrets :p

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
...I looked at the computer. ..And stood -there- until it came, Then hopped over the side, went in. Didn't cloak...didn't get seen.

The boss fight however...that was different...see I carry no guns...

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
oplinger said:
...I looked at the computer. ..And stood -there- until it came, Then hopped over the side, went in. Didn't cloak...didn't get seen.

Ugh fuck that bossfight seriously. If you don't have the EMP protection aug it's almost impossible.

At least I was able to stunlock Barret.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
TsunamiWombat said:
oplinger said:

Ugh fuck that bossfight seriously. If you don't have the EMP protection aug it's almost impossible.

At least I was able to stunlock Barret.
I got around the EMP stuff...I jumped a lot. Didn't hurt me too bad.

However if I shot at her too long, 1 bullet would kill me. ;.; it was the most frustrating experience I have had in that game. Everything else's been a cake walk.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
So you found one part of the game easy for you since you planned it well enough, so now the whole game is easy mode, does that sum up what you're trying to say?

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I am stuck with no energy, ammo, and I don't use stealth. I think I'm near the end, I just got out of cryo sleep. But all the other shit was easy. If you are under too much fire just use the Typhoon and you don't take damage in the little cutscene thingy. And I Typhooned that girl too, except I also used a lot of heavy rifle ammo on her.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Nomanslander said:
So you found one part of the game easy for you since you planned it well enough, so now the whole game is easy mode, does that sum up what you're trying to say?
...That's clearly not what he's saying at all.
He's saying he found an easy way to get through a (perceived) difficult part of the game.

AlexiVolkov

Mar 30, 2011
I did my first run through on Normal difficulty, going for pacifist and no alarms, got screwed out of both by bugs, but the only problem I had was the stupid fake difficulty bosses.
My second run through was on the hard setting, with the 10mm pistol... and armor piercing rounds... Everything short of bosses died in 1 hit all the way up to the
Omega farm... stupid heavies wearing enough armor to cover a tank yet still only took like 2-3 shots.

Far and away the bosses are the only tricky bits to the game, but are easily and quickly remedied if you happen to have 2-3 frag grenades on you as they do a shit tonne of damage _and_ stun the bosses.... Barret went down in a single 10mm clip after 1 frag, Federova went down after 2 frag mines and 4 shots. Namir went down after a frag and a single clip from the combat rifle, (since 10mm ammo kinda disappears after Shanghai.)

Raijha

Aug 23, 2010
I haven't gotten that far yet, but I have been having fun with it. I chose the give me a challenge difficulty and managed to get through the first level getting "ghost" for both objectives and not firing a shot. Also didn't kill anybody.

I'm not necessarily planning on going a whole pacifist playthrough, but it certainly did make it challenging. Many quicksaves and reloads were had.

Captcha: haue provided.....well thanks haue, can I post now?

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
In the same spirit: gotta love deafeating high tech security using cheap boxes:
[a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/wildpeaks/screenshots/"]
[/a]

(the game shouldn't have taunted me to "think outside the box" so often during the endless loading screens :D)

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I'm playing Give me Deus Ex mode also, the only thing I really find "hard" is the lack of ammo for the tranq gun, I have a mountain of ammo for the stun gun, but the damn thing is really fickle, I honestly can never get it to shoot a guy around a corner.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Rednog said:
I'm playing Give me Deus Ex mode also, the only thing I really find "hard" is the lack of ammo for the tranq gun, I have a mountain of ammo for the stun gun, but the damn thing is really fickle, I honestly can never get it to shoot a guy around a corner.
Helps if you turn on the crosshairs in game options.

Yes I felt unmanly too but...it was necessary :|