Too Many Good Games!

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
No..

The only good game I have got interested in is Borderlands 2...

After that, thougt? Theres nothing worthy at the moment. Save for MAYBE dishonoured, but I have yet to play it.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Bah . Depends what you are interested in . None of whats being released i care for. The year is over for me . It started with FFXIII-2 ( which i hated ) and ended with the Last Story ( amazing).

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Zhukov said:
Rawne1980 said:
I curse my own attention span and game playing speed sometimes.

I thought Dishonored and Xcom would take me up until Last of Us comes out but i've finished them both twice and have no desire to play them again just yet.
Both games twice?

Don't you have a job and a family? Unless I'm confusing you with someone else...?

Holy hell, where do you find the time?
To be fair Dishonored is fairly short if you aren't playing a non-lethal ghost that looks through everything. X-com however I know nothing about.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Eh. This year doesn't excite me too much. I grabbed Borderlands 2 and Dishonored, and the only thing I'm still really looking forward to is AC3. That's about it.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
Mugen Souls was the only must buy for me this quarter. Knew I wasn't going to like Dishonored from the get-go, was previously traumatized by the last XCOM game I played, the only parts of AC that were interesting to me were the Desmond sections which I was hoping would be focused on in AC3 but they went to the American Revolution for some reason, have no friends to play Borderlands 2 with, etc.
How is Mugen Souls, anyway? I've had my eye on it, but I'm not super convinced that I'd like it, and I don't want to go spending my limited monetary resources too rashly. Judging from what I've seen on the web, it's not very good, but I'm... skeptical, at best, about internet reviews.

OT: I haven't been excited for many games recently. The only one that I bought that came out recently was Pokémon Black 2 Version.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
supersupersuperguy said:
Kopikatsu said:
Mugen Souls was the only must buy for me this quarter. Knew I wasn't going to like Dishonored from the get-go, was previously traumatized by the last XCOM game I played, the only parts of AC that were interesting to me were the Desmond sections which I was hoping would be focused on in AC3 but they went to the American Revolution for some reason, have no friends to play Borderlands 2 with, etc.
How is Mugen Souls, anyway? I've had my eye on it, but I'm not super convinced that I'd like it, and I don't want to go spending my limited monetary resources too rashly. Judging from what I've seen on the web, it's not very good, but I'm... skeptical, at best, about internet reviews.

OT: I haven't been excited for many games recently. The only one that I bought that came out recently was Pokémon Black 2 Version.
Wouldn't know, it's been sitting on game cabinet for almost a week now. I have a friend who was really interested in both it and RE6 (He tried to get RE6 from Gamestop, but apparently the cashier refused to sell it to him because of how 'awful' it was. Since I own the game, but for a system he doesn't have, I suggested that he come over and I could let him play it to see for himself), so I've been waiting for him to come over. Which he said he would do this weekend, but it's Saturday night and he hasn't so much as called yet. So if he doesn't call me tomorrow, I'm going to crack it open either then or on Monday.

Anyway, moral of the story is: I haven't played it yet but I'll shoot you a PM about it when I have.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I'm not touching ANYTHING until the Steam Christmas Sale. Then all the good games will be miiiiiiiiiine!

(Also, I don't have tons of dough right now, so...)

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
supersupersuperguy said:
Kopikatsu said:

Wouldn't know, it's been sitting on game cabinet for almost a week now. I have a friend who was really interested in both it and RE6 (He tried to get RE6 from Gamestop, but apparently the cashier refused to sell it to him because of how 'awful' it was. Since I own the game, but for a system he doesn't have, I suggested that he come over and I could let him play it to see for himself), so I've been waiting for him to come over. Which he said he would do this weekend, but it's Saturday night and he hasn't so much as called yet. So if he doesn't call me tomorrow, I'm going to crack it open either then or on Monday.

Anyway, moral of the story is: I haven't played it yet but I'll shoot you a PM about it when I have.
That would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
It's a good thing I'm not in school!! This is the reason as to why I don't remember most of October...

Borderlands 2 (Reserved for Lan Parites)
Minecraft (Want to advance in the Forestry Tech Tree...)
Alan Wake (There's a 2nd ending! WHAT IS THIS?!)
Dishonored (Legitimately interesting. Added bonus of no shitty fucking Oblivion Engine.)
X-COM (After beating the game with an epic character, This mod [http://xcom.nexusmods.com/mods/18] Plus Marathon mode will consume thousands of nights...)

That and Steam's free weekends of Sanctum and Payday makes my friends want to play such games with me. Sanctum is only enjoyable in Co-Op, sadly, and Payday is an alright-ish game. Hampered by it's "COD-style" game-play, the maps and excessive enemies makes things pretty interesting!

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Zhukov said:
Rawne1980 said:
I curse my own attention span and game playing speed sometimes.

I thought Dishonored and Xcom would take me up until Last of Us comes out but i've finished them both twice and have no desire to play them again just yet.
Both games twice?

Don't you have a job and a family? Unless I'm confusing you with someone else...?

Holy hell, where do you find the time?
I do, why do you think I make the time to play.

I only work a few hours a week (the joys of the personal trainer). The kids are all at school and when they aint at school they are off to friends houses. My wife is a nurse that works long hours.

I have a lot of spare time.

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
Couldn't care less about the recently released games. I have tons of backlog, like a couple of posters here, and I'm slowly working through the old games that catch my eye.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
The only game that I want inside me right fucking now is NFS: Most Wanted, I'm excited for AC3 aswell but not nearly as much.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Kopikatsu said:

The hell? A cashier is allowed to get away with refusing service based on personal opinion??!?!

...Well, I'm off to go get a job at GAME and save the world by refusing to sell shovelware.

Also, please shoot me a PM about Mugen Souls too, I'm interested, and the gameplay is usually the thing that breaks it for me in JRPGs.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Palademon said:
Kopikatsu said:

The hell? A cashier is allowed to get away with refusing service based on personal opinion??!?!

...Well, I'm off to go get a job at GAME and save the world by refusing to sell shovelware.

Also, please shoot me a PM about Mugen Souls too, I'm interested, and the gameplay is usually the thing that breaks it for me in JRPGs.
Allowed to? No, he'd probably get fired for it if my friend were to report him. Probably too late now, but meh. Could have gotten me a second job, but noooooo.

Yeah, Mugen Souls is actually developed by Compile Heart who...I'll just say that they aren't known for their gameplay. But the reason that I picked up Mugen Souls is because it seems like they did everything different with this one. I couldn't see a single similarity between Mugen Souls' setup and their other games. Which is why I'm filled with cautious optimism!

Anyway, since two people want to know about it now, I guess I'll just boot it up in a few hours instead of waiting for my friend.

Edit: To be honest, at first glace, it reminded me a lot of Grandia in terms of gameplay. But, I'll see for certain in a few hours.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
Allowed to? No, he'd probably get fired for it if my friend were to report him. Probably too late now, but meh. Could have gotten me a second job, but noooooo.

Yeah, Mugen Souls is actually developed by Compile Heart who...I'll just say that they aren't known for their gameplay. But the reason that I picked up Mugen Souls is because it seems like they did everything different with this one. I couldn't see a single similarity between Mugen Souls' setup and their other games. Which is why I'm filled with cautious optimism!

Anyway, since two people want to know about it now, I guess I'll just boot it up in a few hours instead of waiting for my friend.

Edit: To be honest, at first glace, it reminded me a lot of Grandia in terms of gameplay. But, I'll see for certain in a few hours.
Thank you, and I knew it was made by Compile Heart, and that's what gave me some hope, since most NIS games (that are actually made by NIS) play rather similarly which is what puts me off of them since I'm not a fan of their gameplay, but love everything else, and the few Compile Heart games I've seen tend to be similar in terms of the other features.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
if you have not bought Bastion yet do so, buy it twice. One for you, one for a friend.