Too many sidekicks?

ObnoxiousTwat

Sep 28, 2008
Now don't misunderstand me, but do you feel that in some games you are given too many sidekicks/partners to choose from? Case example being Mass Effect 2. The game has not been released yet, but it appears that in Mass Effect 2 most of your old party will be available to accompany you as well as some new characters. Being only able to pick two at a time, is there simply too many characters to choose from?

*Note: I could be wrong and part of the game could be to assemble some kind of "army".

Curtmiester

Jan 13, 2009
I don't see what the problem with diversity is. I'd'rather have 50 side characters, most of which I have never touched then 4 side characters I hate.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I can deal with many supporting characters because it gives me a variety of different playable types of which i can utilize at any point during a combat situation.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
ObnoxiousTwat said:
Now don't misunderstand me, but do you feel that in some games you are given too many sidekicks/partners to choose from? Case example being Mass Effect 2. The game has not been released yet, but it appears that in Mass Effect 2 most of your old party will be available to accompany you as well as some new characters. Being only able to pick two at a time, is there simply too many characters to choose from?

*Note: I could be wrong and part of the game could be to assemble some kind of "army".
I'm going to offer up two things: a point of correction and a point of agreement.

Point of correction: out of the six squadmembers from ME1, any that you may have killed off not entering the equation, only Garrus and Tali are remaining active squadmembers while the others are being demoted to NPCs.

Point of agreement: I'm really hoping that part of this entire "getting ready for the suicide mission" shtick involves the squad members that you aren't bringing with you in your actual squad being part of the mission in some capacity in the form of NPC characters. To be perfectly honest I think the chances of that are slim, but if it happened it would be nice.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Dungeon Siege - 8 companions, other than the character you start with, plus a pack mule. Now that is too many sidekicks

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
I like the diversity honestly, even though I usually take the same 2-3 every time I play.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
gRiM_rEaPeRsco said:
i never understood why you could only take 2 or 3, do warzones have a "no groups larger then 4" rule?
I think the excuse is that you're going with a small strike team, if you took 20 armed to the teeth allies you'd probably have drop ships and artillery raining hell down on you. But that's just an excuse, really.

OT: The more the merrier! The more NPCs there are the higher chances of me liking one of them.