Toon Link Returns In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U And 3DS

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Heres hoping that they make them more different than Iron man/War Machine in MVC2.
Maybe have attacks that the other version can't use?
There HAS to be weapons and abilities that were exclusive to Twilight!Link and Toon!Link.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
I hope they de-clone him a bit. I got nothing against characters with similar movesets, but they have to be unique and have different playstyles. I would image Toon Link being a lot lighter and faster, and maybe having more of a hit-and-run style.

And while we're on the subject of characters, CHROM. LUCINA. NOW.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
It looks like Toon Link will have the Wind Waker as a weapon, so I guess he will have at least one unique attack that differentiates him from Vanilla Link. Still, they could have put in a totally different character rather than a duplicate for marketing reasons.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
While I did like playing as Toon Link more than regular Link I kinda wish they would announce a new character rather than someone returning... Oooooh welllllllll. I'm already set on buying the game anyway.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
He seems like a modified yet useless clone of normal Link, I am disappointed. :|

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
CJ1145 said:
GOD DAMN IT

I hate that chibi little bastard. Hate hate hate hate him. One Link is enough, and this little ************ always pisses me off, because they make him more powerful than the actual Link. Smash Bros. always winds up unbalanced in favor of the cutesy little characters like Toon Link or Mr. Game and Watch, and I hate it.
wasn't game & watch super underpowered for like every game until brawl due to being super light but kinda slow

now, if you wanted to complain about jigglypuff...

Sicht

Jun 4, 2011
weirdguy said:
CJ1145 said:
GOD DAMN IT

I hate that chibi little bastard. Hate hate hate hate him. One Link is enough, and this little ************ always pisses me off, because they make him more powerful than the actual Link. Smash Bros. always winds up unbalanced in favor of the cutesy little characters like Toon Link or Mr. Game and Watch, and I hate it.
wasn't game & watch super underpowered for like every game until brawl due to being super light but kinda slow

now, if you wanted to complain about jigglypuff...
game and watch was considerably more powerful in melee then he was in brawl. brawl nerfed quite a few characters most notably to me being fox, game and watch, luigi, and regular link(he needed more damage to get knockout blows more often.)

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Yahooooo! I know I really hate clones, but Toon/young Link is my best character after regular Link. I'll just have to be a super hypocrite for this one time.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Give me 8-bit Link. In fact, give me some 8bit secret characters for more then just Link. That would be fucking amazing even if they did have huge disadvantages. You could really stick it to the bad players by playing with such an obvious handicap.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
I'm hoping Toon Link's not going to be too much of a clone (if he even is one). I grew up with Windwaker, so his cell-shaded persona has a special place in my heart. Also, really, really, really hoping this is a super-serious character inclusion, and not a thinly-veiled plug for future Toon games.

RogueportJack

Jun 13, 2013
I say this in every fucking Smash Bros thread, but here it is especially appropriate.

Where the fuck is my Yoshi? I'm seriously starting to get worried now. They're bringing back a goddamn clone and still insisting they're "trimming the fat?" Christ, they haven't even announced any new characters beyond the E3 ones! They're doing a really terrible job at building up hype for this one.