5. Pink Floyd
6. Amon Amarth
7. Metallica
8. Judas Priest
9. Rolling Stones
10. The Who

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Oh god... I listen to A LOT of different music, so cutting this down to 10 is gonna be tough.

1) Foo Fighters - My Hero
2) Green Day - Whatsername
3) Nirvana - Lithium
4) Gorillaz - Dare
5) Tool/A Perfect Circle - Schism/Pet
6) Rammstein - Keine Lust
7) Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave
8) The Used - I Caught Fire
9) Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl
10) Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
11) Nine Inch Nails - Capital G

Yeah, my list goes to eleven. It's one higher and, therefore, better. :p

EDIT: Oh yeah, this isn't in any order really. If it were, NIN would've been in at least top 5.

EDIT2: Fuck, I forgot Queen! Sorry Nightwish, but Queen is more important than you...

EDIT3: Oh, we're doing favorite songs by each now too? Okay then.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
In no particular order:

Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
The Who
The Doors
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Johnny Cash
Black Sabbath (Please, do not ask me which era. I simply could not decide.)
Journey
Rush

I can't pick just ten!!

CarolusRex

Jan 20, 2012
Jak2364 said:
I think I'll go a step further and put my favorite song by each of those bands too, cause I'm bored:

Haunted
Taxicab Messiah
My Last Serenade
Taion
The Abandoned
Deliverance
El Cu Cuy
Closer
Detharmonic or Starved, can't decide between those two.
Haunted
I like the sound of that.
Guess I'll do it as well, then.
Each song will be in the order of the bands I posted
So 1st is System of a Down etc

Lost in Hollywood
Carolus Rex
War of the Gods
X & Y
Only for the Weak
Gate 21
Drones
This is not a song, it's a Sandwich
The End of Heartache
Hold the Heathen Hammer High

Rawberry101

Jan 14, 2012
Sometimes I feel like the escapist should have its own music forum.

I can't rank my favorites, I just can't.

But here they are, unordered:
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
The Who
The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
Metallica
U2
Iron Maiden

I find that lots of posters either have lots in common with me or nothing at all.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
lacktheknack said:
BarbaricGoose said:
I think you saved Peter Gabriel for me.

Before, all he marked for me was the exact moment that Myst IV officially contracted Indigo Prophecy syndrome.

<youtube=dpXCpmk5xdo>

Cool song, it just happened as you plunged alongside your spirit guide into the spirit realm, where you were treated to a loooong montage of following humanoid gliding spirits before you were given a magic minigame that Popcap would have meh'd at, before crazy nonsense was told to you, in what had ostensibly been a sci-fi game up to that point.

Kind of soured it, I'm sure you understand. Anyways, thanks for the dose of sanity and good music.
Huh. I'd never heard that song before. I like it. I never played Myst IV, though, so I guess I can appreciate the song as is. We're both discovering new stuff! PG's Secret World tour was great, and all the songs he performs on that tour are great, but I'd also recommend checking out I Have the Touch, The Tower That Ate People, and Downside-Up.

I don't know if you like Zeppelin, but if you're in the mood to try one other song... Over the Hills and Far Away (included in my OP for ease of access). Every time I find someone who's indifferent to Zep, I show 'em that video. I've not met anyone yet who didn't like that song. Maybe you're already a fan, or maybe you'll be the first person to dislike it. Either way, it's worth checking out. Should become obvious pretty quickly whether or not you like it. (No hard feelings.)

I'd recommend Yes too, but they're kind of acquired taste.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Rise Against
Thousand Foot Krutch
Anti-Flag
Billy Talent
Queen
Yellowcard

After those first 6 I don't really know which ones excel into a top 10 position. Too many great bands out there.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I listen to a whole lot of stuff off and on, so I guess I'll put who I listen to consistently.

1. My Chemical Romance
2. Maroon 5
3. Infected Mushroom
4. Kendrick Lamar
5. Jack Johnson
6. Kanye West
7. Hank Williams, Sr.
8. Scissor Sisters
9. The Dillinger Escape Plan
10. Justice

I mean, if you'd like to see, my last.fm is this [http://www.last.fm/user/TripSixSwag] so that kind of proves this isn't a troll list. Mostly I just listen to random stuff, but these are the guys that I listen to the most. And I'll defend My Chemical Romance to the death.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
BarbaricGoose said:
lacktheknack said:
BarbaricGoose said:
I think you saved Peter Gabriel for me.

Before, all he marked for me was the exact moment that Myst IV officially contracted Indigo Prophecy syndrome.

<youtube=dpXCpmk5xdo>

Cool song, it just happened as you plunged alongside your spirit guide into the spirit realm, where you were treated to a loooong montage of following humanoid gliding spirits before you were given a magic minigame that Popcap would have meh'd at, before crazy nonsense was told to you, in what had ostensibly been a sci-fi game up to that point.

Kind of soured it, I'm sure you understand. Anyways, thanks for the dose of sanity and good music.
Huh. I'd never heard that song before. I like it. I never played Myst IV, though, so I guess I can appreciate the song as is. We're both discovering new stuff! PG's Secret World tour was great, and all the songs he performs on that tour are great, but I'd also recommend checking out I Have the Touch, The Tower That Ate People, and Downside-Up.

I don't know if you like Zeppelin, but if you're in the mood to try one other song... Over the Hills and Far Away (included in my OP for ease of access). Every time I find someone who's indifferent to Zep, I show 'em that video. I've not met anyone yet who didn't like that song. Maybe you're already a fan, or maybe you'll be the first person to dislike it. Either way, it's worth checking out. Should become obvious pretty quickly whether or not you like it. (No hard feelings.)

I'd recommend Yes too, but they're kind of acquired taste.
I don't think it's possible to dislike that song. :D

I wouldn't call it a favorite, because my tastes are pretty WTFy (check my first post), but it's good.

Now, that "Yes" song, THAT was spectacular. You may have hooked me.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
1. Tool
2. Rise Against
3. Disturbed
4. Nirvana
5. AFI
6. My Chemical Romance
7. Modest Mouse
8. SoundGarden
9. VAST
10. Drowning Pool (But only the album "Sinner" because after that the singer/songwriter died and..... it's just not Drowning Pool anymore)

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
In no particular order...

1. Boston
2. Blue Oyster Cult
3. The Who
4. AC/DC
5. The Rolling Stones
6. Creedence Clearwater Revival
7. The Alan Parsons Project
8. Iron Maiden
9. Queen
10. Megadeth

Honorable Mention:
Metallica, pre-St. Anger. I was hugely obsessed with them when I was younger, though my interest in them has dropped quite a bit.

Rawberry101 said:
I find that lots of posters either have lots in common with me or nothing at all.
I like all of your choices...

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I'm really fickle and indecisive when it comes to this whole picking favourites thing, so just note that I'm liable to change my mind a fair bit and would probably have a fairly different list a few months down the line, particularly on the second lot. Anyway, here's what I got in no particular order other than alphabetical...

Top 10 Favourite Bands:

Top 10 Favourite Solo Artists:

In case the one man band shit doesn't fly, I'd put forward either John Martyn, Johnny Cash or Jose Gonzalez in their place.

CarolusRex

Jan 20, 2012
Rawberry101 said:
Well, I like quite a bit of what you listed there. So I guess that adds towards your statement.

TheJazzyH

Jan 7, 2011
In no particular order:

Daft Punk
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Earth, Wind & Fire
FLOW (J-Rock band, for clarification)
Home Made Kazoku
Supercell
F-777
Sambomaster
Aqua Timez
MC Hammer (he has other great songs besides U Can't Touch This)

As you can tell, I love my J-Rock and J-Pop.

Newer Artists that I'm watching:

CarolusRex

Jan 20, 2012
KefkaCultist said:
EDIT3: Oh, we're doing favorite songs by each now too? Okay then.
Nah, I just got bored and saw the other guy doing it and decided to do it as well. You don't have to if you don't want to.

Mr.Incognitus

Dec 7, 2010
No particular order, and liable to change at any time

1: Sabaton
2: Bolt Thrower
3: Jeremy Soule
4: Foo Fighters
5: Scar Symmetry
6: Deathspell Omega
7: Blind Guardian
8: Metallica
9: Falconer
10: Demolition Hammer

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
I'll try and keep it to 10...

#1. Muse
#2. Silversun Pickups
#3. The Living End
#4. Calling All Cars
#5. Eskimo Joe
#6. Billy Talent
#7. Pearl Jam
#8. Maximo Park
#9. The Butterfly Effect
#10. Kasabian

with honourable mentions to Rise Against, Foo Fighters, We Are Scientists, The Wombats, Hot Chip, Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age, Trial Kennedy, Iron Maiden, The Siren Tower, Arctic Monkeys, Birds of Tokyo, The Subways, Slipknot, AFI, Art vs. Science, The Jezabels, The Kooks, Interpol, Gyroscope, White Lies, Avenged Sevenfold, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, Yeasayer, Franz Ferdinand, The Presets and probably numerous others that I've forgotten.

I guess, technically I kept it to 10? :/

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
Alright here we go:
1. Enter Shikari - Alexisonfire (There is no deciding between the two)
2. Parkway Drive
3. Blink-182
4. Tool
5. Dance Gavin Dance
6. The Dillinger Escape Plan
7. Green Day
8. Between the Buried and Me
9. Strung Out
10. The Wonder Years

Pretty much after Blink that got really hard to decide. There are so many tied options that I chose not to go with.

CarolusRex

Jan 20, 2012
irequirefood said:
Alright here we go:
1. Enter Shikari - Alexisonfire (There is no deciding between the two)
2. Parkway Drive
3. Blink-182
4. Tool
5. Dance Gavin Dance
6. The Dillinger Escape Plan
7. Green Day
8. Between the Buried and Me
9. Strung Out
10. The Wonder Years

Pretty much after Blink that got really hard to decide. There are so many tied options that I chose not to go with.
Dillinger, eh? Nice to see a fellow fan. If you ever get the chance I strongly recommend you go and see them live (If you haven't already, or if you have go again). I saw them open for System of a Down and their performance was top notch.