Top 5 Favorite Movies?

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
1. Lost Boys. I'm an 80's child and this was one of the first films I watched at an age where I can remember it. Loved it then and still love it now.

2. Highlander. Because it's amazing.

3. Stand by Me. Another classic from my youth.

4. Shaun of the Dead. Because it's hilarious.

5. Guyver Dark Hero. Because I like cheesy movies and I like Guyver and here they both meet.

Edited to change my number 2. Someone reminded me of Highlander that my brain seemed to have forgot when I first typed this out.

Uhura

This ain't no hula!
Aug 30, 2012
I just can't decide on my top 5, so instead I'll just list my 'top 5 films I've watched this fall'!

1. Leave Her To Heaven (1945). A technicolor film noir starring Gene Tierney and Cornel Wilde. It has one of the most cold blooded femme fatales I've ever witnessed on film (the boat scene... oh wow).

2. Dead Reckoning (1947). Lesser known Humphrey Bogart film noir. I love Bogart and I'm not sure why this film isn't more popular. A very solid and enjoyable noir.

3. Bigger Than Life (1956). A gorgeous looking Nicholas Ray film about drug addiction and the stigma of mental illnesses.

4. Carnival of Souls (1962). A seriously spooky cult horror from the sixties. Love the visuals and the atmosphere!

5. La Residencia (aka The House That Screamed, 1969). A Spanish horror film about an all-female boarding school. If you like Argento's Suspiria, you should definitely watch this!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
only 5? damn thats hard...subject to change

1.Inglorious basterds
2.Black Swan (or Perfect Blue..I have trouble deciding)
3.Ghost in the shell (not because its enjoyable as a movie..it isnt really, but looking at it as an artpeice..)
4. Doubt
5.Teenage mutant ninja turtles

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Uhura said:
5. La Residencia (aka The House That Screamed, 1969). A Spanish horror film about an all-female boarding school. If you like Argento's Suspiria, you should definitely watch this!
Interesting. I loved Suspiria. I'll definitely have to look that one up.

Uhura

This ain't no hula!
Aug 30, 2012
JEBWrench said:
Interesting. I loved Suspiria. I'll definitely have to look that one up.
It's not visually as stunning as Suspiria but the atmosphere of the film is very very similar. I really enjoyed it!

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
mattttherman3 said:
1. The Rob Zombie Halloween remake. Brilliantly done, greatest story ever told.
2. The Simpsons Movie. Best animated movie hands down. Great action and comedy.
3. Red Dawn the new one. Chris Hemsworth's best performance yet, and the supporting cast was sublime
4. Jennifer's Body. Greatest performance I've ever seen with female leads.
5. Green Lantern. I just really loved this movie.

whatever you are on, I want some of it. anything apart from the Simpsons movie I found to be awful.
Yeah, I was just trolling. Dark Knight and LOTR are all up there for me.