Top 5 Friday: Top 5 Reasons For Star Wars Battlefront 3

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Strazdas said:
MrCollins said:
So Themis sold out. sad news.
Its hard to relax knowing that your favorite website has sold out to one of the worst companies out there. sorry, cant do that. First Jimquisition was miles better than ANYTHING smosh guys have ever put out (and yes ive been following thme on youtube) and evne then Jim grew a lot real fast.
Well, thanks for the information. ill go cry some now.
You'd have preferred it if we went out of business?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Admittedly I've never watched a Smosh video before, I'd only heard of their not so great reputation. But this video wasn't that bad at all. I mean, it's stuff that has been stated before countless times and it was a tad "bro-gamery" for my liking but not too bad.

Although Lisa's Top 5's were more enjoyable.

Might watch it every once in a while if I see it in the latest content bit.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Strazdas said:
MrCollins said:
Its hard to relax knowing that your favorite website has sold out to one of the worst companies out there. sorry, cant do that. First Jimquisition was miles better than ANYTHING smosh guys have ever put out (and yes ive been following thme on youtube) and evne then Jim grew a lot real fast.
Surely there were other ways to fix the monetary problems than selling out to worst thing out there?
Also, depending on how much effect they have on the site - possibly.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
MrGalactus said:
I think it's healthiest to just let Battlefront 3 go. Lets just drop it and give up hope forever. It's not happening.
EVER.
I disagree, there are a number of instances of fans constantly bringing up an idea until those high up actually take notice. Take for example the Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes for DS, me and my fellow pokemon fans were whining for years about the idea and eventually Game Freak actually made the damn games.

Battlefront III may or may not happen but there's no reason to give up hope just yet!

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Ah more oh Susan's trademark over-exuberant wackiness.
You guys can't go out of business.
How could you go out of business?
You don't need to make any money, you greedy woman, the Escapist runs on magic, goodwill and pixie dust.
Also, if ever things get really tough, I think as Editor-in-Chief, the least you could do is sell off one of those space yachts EA gave you for the stuff you said about ME3.
The nerve of some people, it's frankly disgusting.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
I almost couldn't watch this. Been hoping for a BF3 for so long it makes me sad every time it pops up again.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
I didn't play the first two and have no interest whatsoever in a third. So all this video really did was remind me that we used to have a better Top 5.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I can't help but associate any explicitly 'top 5 regular videos' with Lisa Foils.

This video just made me think how the game I love and adore should be made instead of Battlefront 3.

A remake or a valid game in with the same mechanics as Magic & Mayhem.

MasterBrief

Nov 14, 2012
One reason they should have put was the money. This game would make a ton of money if they did it the right way sort of like they seemed to be going in the leaked footage. I mean I dont get the hate for the 3 prequels but I also don't understand why there is not a 3rd battlefront already given it has a huge fanbase.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I watched this purely to see some good old footage of Battlefront one and two.

I was rewarded with perhaps a whole 15 measly seconds worth.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
When I say the title I thought Lisa Foiles was back for a minute - too bad but woo! Battlefront 3 is something I would buy!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
captainfluoxetine said:
Strazdas said:
Susan Arendt said:
Strazdas said:
MrCollins said:
Surely there were other ways to fix the monetary problems than selling out to worst thing out there?
EA? If I've learned anything here its that when people say 'Worst thing' in refrence to company they mean EA.
Ea is gaming company. And its not the worst one out there, but its biggest of the bad folks, so it gets referenced often.
Koch is a publishing company, and its with the worst out there.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
DiabloTigerSix said:
We don't need EA to ruin the franchise with their terrible DLC milking and microtransactions - they wouldn't hesitate to add them. Let's face it, the game just wouldn't ship with a whole lot of content day 1 and their discraceful "catering to a wider audience / fluffy unicorn of social" would stink from every single bit of the game. Not that Battlefront 1&2 were exceptional games anyway.
EA

EA?[/b}
Do tell how DISNEY is equivalent to EA.

OT: While I do agree with the video, it wasn't very interesting. Seemed less like a top five and more like a guy who looked up a thread and quoted from that.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Strazdas said:
captainfluoxetine said:
Strazdas said:
Susan Arendt said:
Strazdas said:
MrCollins said:
EA? If I've learned anything here its that when people say 'Worst thing' in refrence to company they mean EA.
Ea is gaming company. And its not the worst one out there, but its biggest of the bad folks, so it gets referenced often.
Koch is a publishing company, and its with the worst out there.
As far as I know, Koch Media does not have any relation with the Escapist.

Mega_Manic

Sep 11, 2012
Welp, that was sorta pedestrian.

"IT'S HAVE GRAPHICS GUYZ!"

...Yeah. There is a reason the Escapists content providers unique perspectives or at least unique type of content with very distinct personalities. List 5 content is a dime a dozen.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Yay...Youtube is leaking...

I'll probably just avoid watching in the future, but does the idea of having video content that also appears somewhere else primarily...kind of pointless?
Kinda reduces it to a site like Halolz or Dorkly where half the stuff is submissions.

[small]I'm actually confused about Dorkly getting away with posting every new Zero Punctuation video...[/small]

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
the darknees abyss said:
is Smosh Games or any of there members becoming part of escapist now?
A few weeks ago this site was bought by Alloy Digital, who also owns Smosh. This is apparently them trying to cross promote or something.