Top Gear,do you watch it?

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Arizona Kyle said:
Psycho Cat Industries said:
All hail THE STIG
ALL HAIL THE STIG
Some say he isn't machine washable, and that all his potted plants are called "Steve"...

Do I watch Top Gear? Yes (the UK version), and it's easily one of my favorite shows on television right now and possibly one of my favorite shows EVER. Jeremy Clarkson is my personal favorite of the three hosts as well, simply due to his overall mixture of boyish immaturity with a lick of aged intelligence.

Evilpigeon

Feb 24, 2011
Insomniacs of Great Britain unite?

Top gear is great, I have absolutely no interest in cars but its a funny,funny show :)

Arizona Kyle

Aug 25, 2010
Skywolf09 said:
Arizona Kyle said:
Psycho Cat Industries said:
All hail THE STIG
ALL HAIL THE STIG
Some say he isn't machine washable, and that all his potted plants are called "Steve"...

Do I watch Top Gear? Yes (the UK version), and it's easily one of my favorite shows on television right now and possibly one of my favorite shows EVER. Jeremy Clarkson is my personal favorite of the three hosts as well, simply due to his overall mixture of boyish immaturity with a lick of aged intelligence.
some say, he has a USB port in his left nostril, and that his actions are carried out telepathically

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
xHipaboo420x said:
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahah

No.

No I don't watch Top Gear [sub]am i subversive yet[/sub]

Seriously though, no. Pretty good as far as production goes, just a shame everything else seems to suffer on account of this. Also: people still watch television? In 2011? Why?

EDIT: Punctuation is fun and useful see how it can be annoying when one sentence bleeds into another sentence because I like Quorn
Cant really see how the op was that funny to be fair. And yes, people do still watch TV, alongside going to the shops, driving cars, working, and everything else people generally do on a regualr basis. It's such an utterly pointless question, why wouldnt people watch TV in 2011? The iplayer is still TV by the way.

OT: Yes, it has given me a love of cars over time, before I wasnt really interested in them at all, but I've always watched it for the humor and it just being plain entertaining. It's just something for people who don't want super serious car programmes and want a laugh.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
elvor0 said:
[

Cant really see how the op was that funny to be fair. And yes, people do still watch TV, alongside going to the shops, driving cars, working, and everything else people generally do on a regualr basis. It's such an utterly pointless question, why wouldnt people watch TV in 2011? The iplayer is still TV by the way.

OT: Yes, it has given me a love of cars over time, before I wasnt really interested in them at all, but I've always watched it for the humor and it just being plain entertaining. It's just something for people who don't want super serious car programmes and want a laugh.
Despite a fairly frivolous deployment in your service, it would seem that the concept of internet sarcasm passes you by. Oh well.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
xHipaboo420x said:
elvor0 said:
[

Despite a fairly frivolous deployment in your service, it would seem that the concept of internet sarcasm passes you by. Oh well.
What you said doesn't equate to sarcasm, it was an expression you tacked onto the your response. If the op had said "Do you watch TV?" then it would've made sense as sarcasm, it has to be reactionary to the question somewhat. Also it was completely out of the blue, so it made it seem as if you were one of those people trying to be high and mighty ie you laughed at the op, and then looked down on the masses and all that for watching TV or something.

Sorta hard to get sarcasm from that.

Fuck internet sarcasm just seems to be "I'm going to say a random thing, then if anyone calls me out on it, it's sarcasm, when it isnt actually sarcasm!"

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
elvor0 said:
What you said doesn't equate to sarcasm, it was an expression you tacked onto the your response. If the op had said "Do you watch TV?" then it would've made sense as sarcasm, it has to be reactionary to the question somewhat. Also it was completely out of the blue, so it made it seem as if you were one of those people trying to be high and mighty ie you laughed at the op, and then looked down on the masses and all that for watching TV or something.

Sorta hard to get sarcasm from that.

Fuck internet sarcasm just seems to be "I'm going to say a random thing, then if anyone calls me out on it, it's sarcasm, when it isnt actually sarcasm!"
Well this situation calls either for me to pull back and reveal that it was literal irony all along or simply that you don't get the sarcasm involved (i.e. your last point mentioned: a true-blue acceptance that you don't 'get' internet sarcasm). Either way it doesn't really matter - I don't care about this exchange and neither do you.

The thing about people watching TV was fair play on my behalf, though. I don't watch TV, with the occasional streamed iPlayer exception, and most of the people I know follow this pattern. I guess we just mix in different circles.

Have a nice life.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Nah, sometimes my mum or dad turns on Dave or UK Gold (or whatever its called now) and Top Gear is on occaisionally, i remember one time my brother was yelling somthing about a 'vampire', but the footage shown was the same footage from the news.

Anyone else watched that episode for the sake of seeing new footage..which didnt happen?

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
The UK Top Gear is the best. But I do watch Top Gear America because it does have its moments.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I watch clips on the internet, but I don't have cable/satellite/whatever TV to watch it on. I don't really miss seeing full episodes. I do miss seeing full episodes of Mythbusters, though...

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
RAKtheUndead said:
You're pretty stupid, mate. Deadpan Snarkerism [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeadpanSnarker] only works when everything you say isn't parsed in ASCII without inflection. In other words, you have to be speaking it for the full understanding to be related - even if you say it in a deadpan manner - or else be pretty fucking good at making your meaning specific. This is something which people, obviously including yourself, don't get about the internet.
You're missing the point a little, but that's ok.