Torture song

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
If you had to play one song over and over again to torture someone, what song would it be? I'd either go with the opening theme to My Little Pony or Run Joey run.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
alternatively, you could NOT torture someone. and listen to music elsewhere. k?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
It doen't matter what the song is. You can torture someone with any song. I think from what I have read (Military novels and stuff from people like Any McNab who were actually captured and tortured) that they use songs that the POW actually likes to begin with as a torture track, so that it has more of a psycological effect on the detainee in the long run. Changing the detainees perception of things they liked to something they now dislike can cause dislocation of expectation and weaken the mind, allowing easier access.

Sorry, not a sadist or anything, and i'd never do it to a person, but I am interested in how people think, so I have a basic knowledge of these kind of things!!

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Scizophrenic Llama said:

There'd be a TV to show the video along with it, otherwise it loses half of it's effect.
Well played, not even half way through and I want to hang myself to make it stop. Fortunately I have a stop button. :D Thank God.

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
Easy. Jane Says by Jane's Addiction. It's astonishingly monotonous and the vocals are terrible. You'd crack after an hour or two even if you were deaf.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Any song, when played over enough, can become torture. Tik Tok by Kesha is torture for me because of that phenomenon.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
The opening to My Little Pony? Really? It'd get annoying after a while, but there are certainly more annoying songs, such as...

<youtube=ymKLymvwD2U&ob>

And...

<youtube=RlnbmZK7GxU>

Ugh, that one... such a freaking earworm, too. It's awful.

Angry Camel

Mar 21, 2011
"Surrounded by Silence" by Design the Skyline. (Well, for me anyway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSZI6UJEUQ

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
any rap song. any (c)rap song, that is. Or maybe "Party in the USA" by miley Cirus. Or honestly, the simplicity of a Ke$ha song would make it get old in a god damn hurry.

BIGB0SS

Apr 23, 2009
I've heard more then 10 hours of this song already XP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSDGuqF6aZI&feature=related

Whit

Jan 25, 2010
I'm not a fan of torture, but if it absolutely had to be done, I'd go with Friday, anything by Bieber (or is it Beiber? whatever), let the bodies hit the floor (why do half the videos on youtube use it as a soundtrack when so few people like it?), who let the dogs out (so damn repetitive), or that "My Jeans" song that got linked higher up *shudders*. Ultimately it's up to the taste of whoever you're using it on.

Then again, pretty much any song will make someone foam at the mouth when it's looped for long enough (looping a song yourself doesn't count, because you can stop it whenever you want), how bad it is doesn't really matter all that much. True story, a friend of mine once looped Fool and the Hill at me for like three hours, I nearly went insane, and I like the Beatles.

P.S. Using the worst song of their favorite band may be even more effective than just using a terrible song.