Total War: Rome 2 System Requirements Revealed

MetalMonkey74

Jul 24, 2009
I've clocked over 340hours of Shogun 2, i have a feeling i will be spending even more time on this due to its diversity of units / factions.

cant bloody wait

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Going to be my first foray into the series, my brother has played a thousand + hours of Rome and Medieval 2. I have watched and liked what I saw. Seems as good a time as any to get into the series and my laptop should be pretty comfortable running it on medium-high settings if I kill every background process possible. Yes that includes you windows explorer.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
35GB damn games are getting big again! o wells time i invested in a larger hardrive

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Gitty101 said:
i7 3770K Quad Core

GTX Titan

16GB RAM

Yep, can definitely do this. That's a HUGE amount of HDD space it's asking for though.
Nice set up, how much did you pay for your rig in total? Also, how much of that RAM do you actually ever use at one time?

OT - 4th Gen i5 at 3.6 ghz, 660TI gpu, 8GM Ram. Should run just fine!

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Hmmmm, I'm guessing I'll be ok for this game. I can run Shogun 2 all on ultra settings, so I'm fairly confident.

Plus I've just spent a fuck tonne of money on this piece of shit, so I'll be kicking it down the stairs if this doesn't work.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I more than meet the recommended. Bring it on!

note:
lmao my captcha was literally
"live.
love.
internet."

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
Zedilt said:
Intel i7 3930K @ 4.50GHz
32 GB RAM
2x Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 in SLI

Can't wait :)
32 GB RAM? So you're going to be loading the entire game into RAM? Do you actually use that RAM for some other computer activities? I assume very few games even come close to 16GB.

Either way, I'm still jealous of the cpu and cards.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Well, I was a little worried about the specs for this - but I'm pretty sure my rig will max this fairly easily!

AMD HD7870 - 2GB - 1250Mhz
AMD FX-8120 - 4.5Ghz ( Upgrading to 8350 or a steamroller in September )
16GB 2400Mhz RAM

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
I meet all the requirements for the recommended settings actually. I know I wont run it on the absolute max settings, but I will be reasonably close.

Setrus

Oct 17, 2011
As I've said on the official forum, you can always check on these two sites if you're unsure
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
It'll just show you how well past the minimum and/or recomended specs you are graphically, but it's helpful at least.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=4691&game=Total%20War:%20Rome%20II

And yay, the second one gave me a 9,9,9 in grade...ultra size with nice graphics and toned down effects, here I come! :-D

DSK-

May 13, 2010
No thanks, Creative Assembly. Shogun 2 was a steaming turd for me and I will not buy this. I'd rather play the original.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
Oh boy my two year old not for gaming laptop is going to melt on this one. I think I just meet the required specs. I can play Empire and Naopleon on pretty decent settings. Still, if I must push it to the very limit for Rome 2 I shall.

Some things are worth it. I will have my Total War!

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
I5 3570k 3.4 GHZ
8gb Ram
GTX 660ti

i doubt i can max it out but it falls well into comfortable for me

rayen020

May 20, 2009
i will be needing a new PC if i wish to play this game. Shogun 2 already runs pretty clunky on my machine as it is. Well that stinks, but i've decided i need a new PC anyway and my kids can have our current one. maybe this is just the kick i need.

grigjd3

Mar 4, 2011
The specs aren't a big deal at all but a 35 GB hard-drive footprint!?! Windows doesn't take that much space up!

spartandude said:
I5 3570k 3.4 GHZ
8gb Ram
GTX 660ti

You can probably run this maxed out without issue. Do you know if you've got a Sandybridge processor or what?

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Lets see.
CPU: Recommended: Second Gen i5
I have: i7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz
I own this

RAM: Recommended: 4Gb
I have: 12Gb
I own this too

Graphics card: Recommended: DX11 with 1024Mb Memory [There is no detail at all in this. Seriously, put a comparison card at least so we can tell what level of card you're talking about]
I have: 2 * Nvidia GeForce 560Ti 2Gb overclocked

Yeah, I own this too.
Basically, this game won't scratch my system. Now I'm just waiting for Star Citizen and then maybe I'll need an upgrade...

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
grigjd3 said:
The specs aren't a big deal at all but a 35 GB hard-drive footprint!?! Windows doesn't take that much space up!

spartandude said:
I5 3570k 3.4 GHZ
8gb Ram
GTX 660ti

You can probably run this maxed out without issue. Do you know if you've got a Sandybridge processor or what?
I believe its Ivybridge, im not gonna lie i dont entirely understand what these terms mean

grigjd3

Mar 4, 2011
spartandude said:
grigjd3 said:

spartandude said:
I5 3570k 3.4 GHZ
8gb Ram
GTX 660ti

I believe its Ivybridge, im not gonna lie i dont entirely understand what these terms mean
IvyBridge and SandyBridge are just names for what generation of processor it is. This kind of naming thing was kind of starting in the linux world and spread into the Mac and Android worlds. At any rate, IvyBridge is older, I believe. Still, your video card should be enough to handle this game. From where you are, the only direction you could go would be to maybe a 680 or the brand new and currently very unstable 700 series. A 660 ti should do you well for the next couple of years.